The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    My wife dropped hers off in person Friday the 27th of June. She had a lot of trouble due to needing the medical form and her general practitioner refused to sign off on the paperwork citing political reasons. She then had a meeting in person with the CHP department about this and they gave her some guidance stating to include a copy of the previous medical form and a sworn affidavit that there were no changes. We will see if she gets a renewal or not. She is getting a lifetime permit and they told her that she would need to send in the medical release or an affidavit every five years along with a new training certificate for the permit to remain active.
    Wife received her permit in the mail today. 26 days for a renewal with a medical form attachment. Not too bad.

Kurt D

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Pineville, LA
    Renewal; I let expire (expired Dec 2013) and just never got around to renewing until now.

Submitted July 10th online, Accepted July 11th, Paid via CC July 11th, Approved July 24th, received today July 28th. I sent in new finger print cards because I had let my permit lapse past the grace period, I'm not sure if they needed them as I didn't get the "cover letter" emailed to me to send with them and total turn around was only 18 days. Online they caution sending in card vs. electronic would add up to 2 weeks...

Last edited:

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Did u get confirmation when it was approved? Mine says accepted I paid it but haven't received approved

You will get a separate email when it's approved. Mine took 1 day using online application to say accepted and pay, and then another two weeks until i got the email saying "approved" and informing me I would get it within 10-15 business days. It arrived less than week after.

fjb483

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2013
    New Orleans
    No...they will use the drivers license photo on file. When I renewed I sent a photo and mine came back with the drivers license photo on it.

They did the same with me as well. Now I have a drivers license and a carry permit with the same awful photo. Why did I pay for the pictures to be taken as well???

WHO DAT 504

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    Submitted Aug. 18th online, but didn't get prints done( at SPHQ)till Aug 25th. Accepted Aug. 26th, paid fee same day,approved Aug. 27th. Had I not waited a week to get printed, it would have taken 3 days from application to approval.

WEL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Applied online the 20th. Fingerprinted at lsp the 21st. Permit came on the 29th. 9 days!

WHO DAT 504

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    Submitted Aug. 18th online, but didn't get prints done( at SPHQ)till Aug 25th. Accepted Aug. 26th, paid fee same day,approved Aug. 27th. Had I not waited a week to get printed, it would have taken 3 days from application to approval.

Permit arrived in mail today. Aug 30

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    At SPHQ right now, permit submitted online Monday (8th), accepted yesterday(10th), paid for lifetime this morning, and about to get prints done. I let my permit expire, had to submit new.. will update when I get my card.

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    At SPHQ right now, permit submitted online Monday (8th), accepted yesterday(10th), paid for lifetime this morning, and about to get prints done. I let my permit expire, had to submit new.. will update when I get my card.
    Just got a confirmation email from LSP, permit application approved, card should be received in 10-15 days.

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana

Just got a confirmation email from LSP, permit application approved, card should be received in 10-15 days.
    Just checked the mail, permit received. Sept 18th

Ten days, not bad.

Sent via dixie cup string phone.

Last edited:

jdeuce

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2014
    Lockport
    FYI if you are a vet and sent a DD 214 in and applied via paper within the last few months, your application is on a desk waiting for the computer system to be updated to process it with newly approved discount for vets. Happened to us. Just call them and tell them you want to pay the full price - you were paying it before anyway - and they will process it immediately.

Top Bottom