The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dmvu

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Jan 27, 2016
    New Orleans, LA.
    I applied electronically beginning of april and shipped my fingerprints. Haven't even received a payment email. Debating If I should reapply and go to LSP to do prints.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I applied electronically beginning of april and shipped my fingerprints. Haven't even received a payment email. Debating If I should reapply and go to LSP to do prints.
    Sending in another app might really screw things up . There has to be a way to check the status of an existing app , right guys ? Advice for everybody else , definitely do the prints at LSP if at all possible .

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    sent all my paperwork/fingerprints in on March 15th -- Crickets.........

So now I'm just hang a sign on my back that says "License Applied For" -- hell, it works on vehicles in this backwards assed State!!

sacosta66

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2016
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Submitted online on Jan 11, 2016
    Did prints thru local Police Dept and mailed them on Jan 12th.
    Emailed HQ on March 10th requesting status update.
    Received email on March 15th stating "We are currently processing Apps submitted in early January".
    Received email on April 4th to submit payment and paid in full the same day...
    Received certified package on May 20th that my fingerprints that were submitted were not usable and to resubmit fingerprints.
    Went to HQ on May 31st (was out of town from 20th thru 30th) and electronically submitted with State Police HQ.

So yes, took over 4 months just to inform me that my prints were no good.

July 19th, Emailed SPHQ inquiring about the status of my CHP.
    July 20th, Early morning received email stating will review my app today and if approved will be mailed out tomorrow.
    July 20th, Late morning received email CHP has been approved and will receive permit within 10-15 business days.

July 25th, Received my Concealed Handgun Permit in the mail today.

Now I did have prior military, 2 divorces and 6 change of addresses listed on the application.
    Hang in there folks! It does take a while.

N.O. YAT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    N.O.-B.R.
    I am truly astounded,I mailed in my renewal package Monday 7/11/16 and I received my new permit today,Monday 7/25/16! The permit issue date was 7/19/16 and it was postmarked back to me on Friday,7/22/16! Why is it that most folks that I talk to tell me it took them 2-4 months for their renewal to be approved and a new permit issued?

Last edited:

Holliday38

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Hand delivered my complete application(1st time) to LA State Police headquarters March 26th.

Arrived in mail today, July 28th.
    License is dated July 22nd.
    Small tan envelope was post marked July 26th.

Happiest day of my summer...waited forever.

cuzucan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2016
    Prairieville, LA
    Received my approval email this morning (8/1/16). Now just wait for the permit to be delivered.

Filled out online application and uploaded documents: 7/16 (Saturday)
    Went to State Police headquarters for fingerprinting: 7/18 (Monday AM)
    Got email saying application was accepted and payed: 7/20 (Wednesday Evening)

Last edited:

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Received my approval email this morning (8/1/16). Now just wait for the permit to be delivered.

Filled out online application and uploaded documents: 7/16 (Saturday)
    Went to State Police headquarters for fingerprinting: 7/18 (Monday AM)
    Got email saying application was accepted and payed: 7/20 (Wednesday Evening)

Seems to be slowing down a bit, but all electronic with LSP fingerprints still looks like the way to go.

LA Trapper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    Natchitoches
    Wait Time

Seems to be slowing down a bit, but all electronic with LSP fingerprints still looks like the way to go.

Drove my son's application to LASP in early April. He checked on it this past week. They said count on 8 months for new applications. Used to be if you put it in their hands it was processed faster than the mailed applications.

I agree, take the day off, or whatever to get your prints right with your application. Happened on my initial application. For me, it is a three hour drive, one way.

My online renewal took 3 1/2 weeks this summer.

sirbiggstixx

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Took traning class 2 weeks ago.
    Completed app last Thursday.
    Went in for fingerprints Monday, took about 2 hours, got there around 9:45.
    Got email Monday afternoon saying everything was accepted and to make payment.
    Got email this morning saying everything was approved and to expect my permit in 10-15 days.

sirbiggstixx

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Also for anyone going to LSP HQ. Get there as early as you can. By lunch, there were 200 people in there for concealed carry waiting for fingerprints. It was ridiculous. They do call people back 5 at a time. As we got closer to lunch they dropped it down to 2 people called back. Took 5 seconds to do the prints, but 2 hours of waiting.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    F-ing ridiculous that someone can take the class 2 weeks ago and put in their paperwork at LSP and they get their permit in less than a month -- my sh!t sent in on March 15th and f-ing crickets. Their F-ing system is BROKE. Shouldn't make a difference on how or where they receive the paperwork, they should be sequentially ordered and processed. Bullsh!t process if you ask me.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    My take on this: If you apply online, get printed at LSP, pay online, everything is already in the system, and gets processed sooner. If you send in anything by mail or even if you drop it off, someone (state employee) has to manually enter everything into the database. The sooner the application is in the database, the sooner it gets processed.

DerpMeister

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Zachary
    F-ing ridiculous that someone can take the class 2 weeks ago and put in their paperwork at LSP and they get their permit in less than a month -- my sh!t sent in on March 15th and f-ing crickets. Their F-ing system is BROKE. Shouldn't make a difference on how or where they receive the paperwork, they should be sequentially ordered and processed. Bullsh!t process if you ask me.

Well, then... if you think its bullsh!t, then by all means don't bother them. You can open carry, you know. That should impress lots of folks, too.

And don't forget to wear a shirt with your "Body Piercing by Glock" (to go with your carry Glock, of course) thing to look even more special.;)

Top Bottom