The Circus, come one, come all! Main attraction- Talking Jackasses! (Pun intended)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    i-gave-that-attention-whore-a-like.jpg

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    Attention Whore ??? Yes you're correct !! Is there a right to open carry ??? Yes it is !! So why make it a point to call people attention whores when they're out there standing up for your rights to ? Oh just stating your opinions or being internet Rambo's !! Will you actually believe the LEO'S aren't giving a little harassment also ?? Wonder why that is, no crimes were actually committed !! So who or what promises us that a LEO wont flip out in uniform, after all he is carrying a weapon !!

Last edited:

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Attention Whore ??? Yes you're correct !! Is there a right to open carry ??? Yes it is !! So why make it a point to call people attention whores when they're out there standing up for your rights to ? Oh just stating your opinions or being internet Rambo's !! Will you actually believe the LEO'S aren't giving a little harassment also ?? Wonder why that is, no crimes were actually committed !! So who or what promises us that a LEO wont flip out in uniform, after all he is carrying a weapon !!

743.gif

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Actaully no, wasn't made up. Tried to tell me that my weapons were stolen.

So wait wait wait...

You were on your property completely minding your own business and a cop decided to arbitrarily stop as he saw you practicing your second amenent rights. And because he was such a JBT he decided you couldn't possibly actually own that firearm so without any reason what so ever, he pulled it completely out of his ass that you certainly must be in possession of stolen firearms.

Dude, tell us the story you're pre-ejaculating over already. Nobody really gives a **** but we're all bored and its better than watching a Shelby the Swampman marathon.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    When the cop asked him why he was standing at the edge of his property with a shouldered AR15, and found out it's his dads property, he asked if that's his dads gun, too, which is obviously an infringement on privacy, property, and a direct accusation of theft without probable suspicion or reasonable cause.

jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    When the cop asked him why he was standing at the edge of his property with a shouldered AR15, and found out it's his dads property, he asked if that's his dads gun, too, which is obviously an infringement on privacy, property, and a direct accusation of theft without probable suspicion or reasonable cause.

Actually had just purchased an ak 47 and brought my ar,we have about 130 acres of cane field in raceland (family property), so I wanted to go try it out. My dad's friend wanted to tag along so he was more than welcome. People complaining about us shooting is nothing new over there, cops came a couple of times, had friendly conversations, got my info then left. No harm no foul. But this time, not some much. So we proceed to shoot the new rifle, things were going good until I was changing mags, and right before I was about to start shooting again my dad's friends stopped me because he seen some people heading our way shouting (could hear them had ear muffs on). They were about 100+ yards away and the cane field was pretty high so I couldn't really identify who they were until they got closer. to my surprise it was 5 officers screaming at me with their weapons unholstered telling to to get on the ground. So we put down my rifles and did as they said. They asked me if this was my property, I said yes. They then told me I was shooting to close to houses, but he nearest house to my left is 250 yards, to my right 400+ yards, to the back about 2000 yards and to the front over a mile with woods and a levy. I didn't know the exact parish ordnance, but I knew I was legal, asked my cousin who patrols that area. They told me 4 different distances and starting asking me questions about the velocities of my rounds and the distance they travel, which I gave them correct answers which seemed to **** them off a bit. They then do a an illegal search of my truck. After that, they run my weapons (weren't suppose to do that because I was not doing anything wrong). Both of my rifles came back "stolen" (my ar had been run 3 times before, came back clean and the rifle I had just picked up from houma auto parts was new). Called my dad called to tell him that I'm about to get arrested because these cops were pinning stolen weapons on me. he talk to them and threatened to call there boss(which is my cousin). After they handcuff me and put me in to car, we drive about 300 yards when the officer pulls over. He looks at his partner then takes me out of the car and unhandcuffs me where he then told me I'm lucky my dad called their boss. I later found out that my dad didn't even call. Cops like that shouldn't have a badge.

And the parish ordnance for that are is 100 yards from a residence, which we were much farther than that from any houses.
    Forgot to mention, on top of not knowing the legal age to own a rifle, they were asking me why I had an acog on my rifle. Because I wanted it, none of their business what I put on my rifles. The main ******* was a sheriff's son and mark told me they have had problems with him the past because. he likes to push his weight around. Name was officer Warren.

Since then had one officer come out when I was shooting, real nice guy. Got my info and left after a good conversation. How it was suppose to happen.

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Actually had just purchased an ak 47 and brought my ar,we have about 130 acres of cane field in raceland (family property), so I wanted to go try it out. My dad's friend wanted to tag along so he was more than welcome. People complaining about us shooting is nothing new over there, cops came a couple of times, had friendly conversations, got my info then left. No harm no foul. But this time, not some much. So we proceed to shoot the new rifle, things were going good until I was changing mags, and right before I was about to start shooting again my dad's friends stopped me because he seen some people heading our way shouting (could hear them had ear muffs on). They were about 100+ yards away and the cane field was pretty high so I couldn't really identify who they were until they got closer. to my surprise it was 5 officers screaming at me with their weapons unholstered telling to to get on the ground. So we put down my rifles and did as they said. They asked me if this was my property, I said yes. They then told me I was shooting to close to houses, but he nearest house to my left is 250 yards, to my right 400+ yards, to the back about 2000 yards and to the front over a mile with woods and a levy. I didn't know the exact parish ordnance, but I knew I was legal, asked my cousin who patrols that area. They told me 4 different distances and starting asking me questions about the velocities of my rounds and the distance they travel, which I gave them correct answers which seemed to **** them off a bit. They then do a an illegal search of my truck. After that, they run my weapons (weren't suppose to do that because I was not doing anything wrong). Both of my rifles came back "stolen" (my ar had been run 3 times before, came back clean and the rifle I had just picked up from houma auto parts was new). Called my dad called to tell him that I'm about to get arrested because these cops were pinning stolen weapons on me. he talk to them and threatened to call there boss(which is my cousin). After they handcuff me and put me in to car, we drive about 300 yards when the officer pulls over. He looks at his partner then takes me out of the car and unhandcuffs me where he then told me I'm lucky my dad called their boss. I later found out that my dad didn't even call. Cops like that shouldn't have a badge.

And the parish ordnance for that are is 100 yards from a residence, which we were much farther than that from any houses.
    Forgot to mention, on top of not knowing the legal age to own a rifle, they were asking me why I had an acog on my rifle. Because I wanted it, none of their business what I put on my rifles. The main ******* was a sheriff's son and mark told me they have had problems with him the past because. he likes to push his weight around. Name was officer Warren.

Since then had one officer come out when I was shooting, real nice guy. Got my info and left after a good conversation. How it was suppose to happen.

And who is your cousin, is his last name stokes?

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    What were the names of the officers involved? What agency? What happened to the AR since it was reported stolen?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Tapatalk 2

He threatened to call their boss so of course they let him have the stolen weapon back.

MOTOR51

BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    Jstokes1,

So, as I understand it, you were out shooting rifles, with occupied houses in the area. I'm assuming that you never had a berm, or backstop, because you tried so hard to validate your innocence in your post that we all know you would have mentioned it; of course, now you're going to swear up and down that you had a berm. Then officers, who were most likely called out by neighbors, showed up to make sure you aren't in the process of killing small children. Then they leave, and you go about your business. And, in your mind, that was a terrible experience?

The rest of the crap didn't happen, if any of it did, so I'm not worried about how the false facts factor in.

Top Bottom