The Discussion Continued

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Wow.

JR1572

New Class III battery powered machine guns.

14963261_10154033441038342_5355993690917242351_n.jpg

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Alright guys, I thought it assumed, but we aren't posting pictures of people on the public forums. If you want to post a picture of yourself, that's fine and dandy, but we aren't posting pictures of others without their permission.

Further, a user posting a link to their Facebook (which is an awful idea) does not constitute permission.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Dunno, but the 5.11 Shirt, Duty Belt, Belt Keepers, Light Bars, and Laptop Stand validates my assumption of him wanting to be a cop.

That's such a shame that you're too narrow-minded an individual to see the broader possibilities in life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    That's such a shame that you're too narrow-minded an individual to see the broader possibilities in life.

Narrow minded? I'd prefer to call it freethinking.

Enlighten me, Jason.

Out of genuine interest, for the betterment of my ever-evolving mindset about the right tools for the task at hand, please explain how you arrived at the conclusion that:

A 5.11 shirt is superior to the thousands of shirts available. LEA are limited to department requirements, but Civilians are free to wear whatever they please. However, I only choose to equip myself with items that have purpose and are of quality.

A Duty Belt with Belt Keepers is superior to modern attire. Duty Belts were designed for LEO to carry the many items they are required to equip themselves with. Since you are not LEO, what is the purpose?

Suburbazine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I picked the 5.11 shirts because they are more comfortable than anything else I could find and combine ripstop with rain resistance and quick drying abilities. I've been out in the rain too many times and tired of being soggy all the time. Pockets are a plus because I put water-sensitive electronics inside and can be relatively assured they don't get wet. My job (jobs, I should say) involve a fair amount of crawling and venturing into areas where I get snagged on stuff. I like not poking holes in my clothes, these stretch before they tear so I have a window to free them. I've still torn a couple though since I was committed to continuing the task at hand.

Duty belts were NOT designed strictly for LEO who carry a boatload of tools for the job. Anybody that carries a boatload of tools to a job appreciates a belt not twisting or stretching when carrying a load. I load my drill, tool bag and flashlight on there when I climb into an attic or am using them at multiple areas. Nothing sucks quite like having a drill or flashlight lean out and catch a rafter and get knocked off. It's cheap, effective and being able to dismount and remount everything at once is a huge plus.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    I picked the 5.11 shirts because they are more comfortable than anything else I could find and combine ripstop with rain resistance and quick drying abilities. I've been out in the rain too many times and tired of being soggy all the time. Pockets are a plus because I put water-sensitive electronics inside and can be relatively assured they don't get wet. My job (jobs, I should say) involve a fair amount of crawling and venturing into areas where I get snagged on stuff. I like not poking holes in my clothes, these stretch before they tear so I have a window to free them. I've still torn a couple though since I was committed to continuing the task at hand.

Duty belts were NOT designed strictly for LEO who carry a boatload of tools for the job. Anybody that carries a boatload of tools to a job appreciates a belt not twisting or stretching when carrying a load. I load my drill, tool bag and flashlight on there when I climb into an attic or am using them at multiple areas. Nothing sucks quite like having a drill or flashlight lean out and catch a rafter and get knocked off. It's cheap, effective and being able to dismount and remount everything at once is a huge plus.

I gotta side with Dave here, and acknowledge the fact that you invested a lot of money into tactical clothing and gear, and outfitted your vehicle with some pretty bizarre stuff the average citizen wouldn't even think about.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

Speaking from experience, there are better options, and most don't give the impression of "tactical."

Duty belts were NOT designed strictly for LEO who carry a boatload of tools for the job.

Incorrect. Duty Belts (in the sense of belts designed specifically for Law Enforcement) are for Law Enforcement. They are made publicly for sale, because there are many agencies that allow/require LEO to buy their own gear, and some people just like to play dress up. Load bearing belts are designed for multiple roles, but a Duty Belt was designed for law enforcement.

Ask a carpenter why they don't wear a duty belt and you will get laughed at.

Suburbazine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt that it concealed easily...

Thanks, but benefit of doubt not needed. ;)

As far a tacticool appearance, I don't give a damn if it does what I want it to. And load bearing belts SUCK. I'm not a carpenter or a plumber, I like everything staying in one place. Belt keepers and Velcro do that job very well.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    this thread demonstrates, to a certain degree, why we can't have nice things (freedom).

Some People are way too concerned with the way other people do things that literally have no effect on others.

Top Bottom