The Discussion Continued

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm asking why he has an impractical piece of equipment. I don't see how that's going further.

The police have a higher risk of getting shot than a civilian and they don't wear PC's unless **** goes South.

I agree it's impractical. I don't wear it all the time. It's inflexible and not the most comfortable thing to wear. I can't very well crawl around under a desk or in an IDF. It's very functionally limiting. But since I don't have to do all that while interacting with Dindu Nuffins I don't have a use for soft armor.

Also, I see quite a few officers wearing their PCs in an everyday environment now. It's a dangerous world out there.

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    Oh look...another thread completely derailed.

Only on a gun forum would another member be given the 3rd degree for protecting himself the way he sees fit. Keep on doing you.

There haven't been any protests in LA since the officers were shot on Old Hammond/Airline. When the verdict is released, there will be more blood on the streets. Especially if it's done before Trump is inaugurated, as Obama will do nothing but fan the flames.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Oh look...another thread completely derailed.

Only on a gun forum would another member be given the 3rd degree for protecting himself the way he sees fit. Keep on doing you.

There haven't been any protests in LA since the officers were shot on Old Hammond/Airline. When the verdict is released, there will be more blood on the streets. Especially if it's done before Trump is inaugurated, as Obama will do nothing but fan the flames.

No, the thread hasn't been derailed.

You have a longtime member here telling everyone that he wears a PC under his clothing to protect himself, and believes that it's a good idea because there is a possibility of unrest after the Sterling decision is announced. Some of us disagree. Preparation is great, but it's better when you have the correct equipment and training.

JR1572

Suburbazine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You have a longtime member here telling everyone that he wears a PC under his clothing to protect himself, and believes that it's a good idea because there is a possibility of unrest after the Sterling decision is announced. Some of us disagree. Preparation is great, but it's better when you have the correct equipment and training.

JR1572

This I agree with. I have no training and and heavier equipment than the job calls for. I had totally considered getting an EOD suit for maximum protection, but in this LA heat I worry it would take the fire crews too long to get to me after heatstroke. Also, it seems to be kind of hard to get to your wallet.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    This I agree with. I have no training and and heavier equipment than the job calls for. I had totally considered getting an EOD suit for maximum protection, but in this LA heat I worry it would take the fire crews too long to get to me after heatstroke. Also, it seems to be kind of hard to get to your wallet.

You should get the EOD suit.

JR1572

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

Just keep scanning the police radios... I think you'll be fine.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I find it most comical that someone, anyone, wears a plate carrier under their shirt and thinks its concealed. Soft armor (which is still easily seen under clothes) is half as thick as just the plates themselves, then you throw the thickness of the carrier in to the mix and it gets REALLY fat.

Suburbazine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I find it most comical that someone, anyone, wears a plate carrier under their shirt and thinks its concealed. Soft armor (which is still easily seen under clothes) is half as thick as just the plates themselves, then you throw the thickness of the carrier in to the mix and it gets REALLY fat.

You've seen me. I'm kinda wide already. I wear baggy shirts to hide the fact :rofl:

So baggy, in fact, that I can OWB a Glock and still look somewhat concealed.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    Just keep scanning the police radios... I think you'll be fine.

LMAO! Make sure to double up the tinfoil on your hat as well. Just kiddin. If I felt the need to wear body armor though, I would just stay away from that area. You better be making darn good money, or maybe it's time to find a job that keeps you out of the ghetto.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    I just googled the AR500 XL carrier and I have a hard time imagining that concealed under a shirt. Maybe Liberace's shirt. I wore a soft vest sometimes when going into potentially volatile scenes as a paramedic, and I felt that was pretty noticeable. I'm not judging your choice to wear it, that's your business, but I question how concealed that really is. I also conceal an OWB glock19, and I am 6ft. 155 lbs. I'm not sure being large helps that.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

What do you do again?

I sweat my balls off enough in the summer heat. I'm not adding layers unless it's highly likely to need them.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Depends on the shirt, with my old uniform shirt wasn't too noticeable, but my new position I wear 5.11 polo's and it's crazy obvious I have a vest on. Every strap and seam is visible. That's with soft armor, too.

Suburbazine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    What do you do again?

I sweat my balls off enough in the summer heat. I'm not adding layers unless it's highly likely to need them.

I'm in Information Technologies. I do secret squirrel stuff, sometimes that means living dangerously.

I do not work for the government and I know nothing.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    You've seen me. I'm kinda wide already. I wear baggy shirts to hide the fact :rofl:

So baggy, in fact, that I can OWB a Glock and still look somewhat concealed.

What carrier are you running? Cause I'm not buying the baggy shirt hides it thing. I have "the" concealable lvl 4 plate carrier and u can still see it. It's not like BAMM! But you can tell. Even my ulv soft armor can be seen up close and personal.

That being said idgaf if u wear it or not, I just think if you chill in areas that youthink are that bad, maybe you should consider your life choices a little better. I go to some pretty shady places, but I handle business and unass the AO quick fast, not cause I'm scared, but cause I'm smart, and plates are ****in heavy and I've lived in them days at a time, I'm over it :dunno:

Suburbazine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You do secret squirrel IT work. Bruh, do the computers and radios shoot back at you?

I've only had the pleasure of working with a few devices that could have been capable if they were armed.

I am building a secret robot militia though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I've only had the pleasure of working with a few devices that could have been capable if they were armed.

I am building a secret robot militia though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still don't see why you need a concealed PC, regardless of what you do for a living.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    This is the shirt I picture needed to conceal plate carrier

6f1wen36k5ap0djhn6sz.jpg

Top Bottom