The Israeli Method

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pulpsmack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Red Stick
    For me, it has but a single use... when carrying a striker-fired "safetyless" pistol when you have not yet managed to procurea proper holster thatcovers the trigger. Thus, it has a use, but for a slapdash, awkward, "best of a bad situation" that should be remedied ASAP.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    No, I do not carry like the Israeli's.

Not even the Israeli's carry like the Israeli's!

There are only 2 times this make sense...
    1. No safety, No holster as stated.
    2. The ORIGINAL reason:

You have ALL KINDS of different pistols to give out to peopel with minimal training.

Some single action, some double action, some with safeties that go up, some with safety's that go down...

And these people are going to RARELY shoot or train with these weapons.

When that happens, and you are a small, just formed country with enemies all around, you come up with a manual of arms which is simple, and will work with the hodgepodge of weapons available to you.

And THAT is what they did!

(And as soon as they could standardize weapons and training... they dropped it!)

Only reason it's remembered... marketing.

JimmyB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    Berwick
    Nomad pretty much got it

Mandatory enlistment is required. Israel is made up of Jews from all over the world, Different languages, cultures, etc… mostly from urban areas but some from backwards countries.
    The last batch came from Ethiopia. Can you imagine trying to train an Ethiopian girl? You’re not going to make her a Max Michel. The most you’ll be able to accomplish is some type of gun safety

They are also required to carry. If they carried with one in the chamber, there would be accidental discharge after accidental discharge. These ADs would happen in urban areas with muzzies around.

Do you think this would look good in the news paper?

JimmyB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    Berwick
    Actually, Israeli soldiers get issued 50 rounds a week or month. I don’t remember which. They have to shoot it, they can’t store it up.
    It may sound a little strange but the Israeli government does want a lot of loose ammo around. Muzzies are a constant threat. They get supplied by every islamic country. Why make home break-ins a supply point as well?

Israeli’s do a number of strange things but keep in mind that they live in a volatile environment everyday
    You want to talk about experience, they have it.

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    You need to understand the historical context of this method to appreciate what it is and what it is not. In the late 40s and early 50s, the state of Israel had a hodgepodge of handguns donated, purchased,stolen and acquired from all over the globe. Chamber empty carry was a means to standardize the training [which was, initially, point shooting taught by Hector Grant-Taylor during the time of the British Mandate]. It was never a 'better way'. It was a workable way given the time, troops & equipment they had. As is so often the case, the technique became ingrained and those that learned it defend it to the death.

Edited to add: Josh already hit on this.

Last edited:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Israeli’s do a number of strange things but keep in mind that they live in a volatile environment everyday
    You want to talk about experience, they have it.

This picture sums up your statement. Try riding around BR with a semiauto rifle dangling from your side. I'm willing to bet the public will be calling the police to report you. Or the police will pull you over and inquire as to why you have the rifle. From the picture it seems normal there.

IsraelBmw.jpg

EDIT

or this

unknown-2.jpg

Last edited:

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    The only time my pistol doesn't have one in the chamber (outside of cleaning) is when I just finished off one magazine and before I put in another!

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    It is still widely used around the world IIRC in countries where carry laws require for law abading citizens to carry on an empty chamber.

I believe Guatemala was one of them wayyyy back before my time, I can ask my dad when I call him this weekend .....

As mentioned before it can be VERY fast if practiced, when I first was introduced to defensive shooting it was under Israeli's Instructors that worked for my father at the Security Company he used to run (in Central America), guys were very good at what they did with any weapon but as menetioned before they would defend the method to death and believed it was the best invention since sliced bread. A lot of the trainers down there still use some of the methodology from the system ....... it is what it is

IMO puts you behind the curve in todays world and todays violent encounters

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    I agree with the sentiment of everyone here. There is no legitimate reason that you should have to carry with an empty chamber. If you have to do that, you are more of a threat to yourself than the criminals are and you shouldn't carry.

No modern gun is going to go off "accidentally." It will go off if you pull the trigger.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Most all of the guy and gals in the old west carry their single action six shooters with an empty chamber under hammer.:ninja:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRdZ3hZ8y-w

Very different and meerly done because without modern Cross bar safety's etc the hammer rested right over the primer and a sharp strike would fire the round.

it STILL would fire the first time you cocked it and pulled the trigger!

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Very different and meerly done because without modern Cross bar safety's etc the hammer rested right over the primer and a sharp strike would fire the round.

it STILL would fire the first time you cocked it and pulled the trigger!

Its "merely".

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    I carry one in the chamber, racking the slide takes time you may not have.

It also requires the use of a hand that may not be free. If you're not comfortable carrying your gun ready to fire, get another one that you will feel comfortable carrying that way-even if it means giving up a 15 round auto for a DA revolver.

JimmyB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    Berwick
    Maybe some guys here need to think about muzzle discipline

Can you really have it riding a motorcycle or carrying a rifle all day
    What about a car wreck, motorcycle wreck or a bomb goes off at a bus stop

The Israelis have been living like this for decades. I think if you guys tried to explain this fast draw stuff to an Israeli they would think you’re crazy

They would say there’s a little more to it. Stuff like accessing the situation and/or moving to cover. You know, important stuff like details. Chambering a round before engaging a target is no problem if you train like that. It would probably be the easiest part of the firefight.

Top Bottom