Those who shoot at The Shooters Club in River Ridge

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Do you and the range officer know each other? Does he know you maybe from Bayou Shooter? I'm not saying anything but hey ya never know..:)

No. That guy is so old that he probably doesn't understand what the Internet is or how it works.

I doubt he intentionally called the line hot, however, people get accidentally shot and killed all the time and I really don't want to me meet my demise at a shooting range.

JR1572

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    No. That guy is so old that he probably doesn't understand what the Internet is or how it works.

I doubt he intentionally called the line hot, however, people get accidentally shot and killed all the time and I really don't want to me meet my demise at a shooting range.

JR1572

10 4. . Just making sure he wasn't one of your BS alumni. Agreed would not bea good way to go down. That must have been a helluva feeling though. Glad all went well.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    W
    Louis is smiling from his grave. 2 of the best things he ever said were..."1911.. everyone should own at least 2" and more important.. "Nothing worse than an idiot with a gun and no clue." I am happy they have the iPads set up with rules and regulations though... but thats totally different from actual firearm training. Newbies should at least go to a CC class.

The first quote was actually to convey that one would almost always be non functional and not hold enough bullets.

:dogkeke:

Last edited:

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Not so sure. . When I first met Louis Glock pistols weren't even part of the gun landscape. Some of you guys might be a little young to remember when they weren't in existence.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Quit going there after myself and the guy next to me were scolded by some 18 year old looking kid for picking up our brass that was in our own stalls. We were not sweeping in front of us nor picking up brass behind or the sides of us. Said if it isnt marked you cant pick it up. He came in there with a marker a few minutes later and I just laughed and left. Have not returned since nor will I ever again.

I had the same thing happen that why i mark my brass. And some of my guns toss spent brass so it ends up forward. So I have to take the broom and get it it was mine when i came in and will be mine when I leave.
    Being a RO on gun store counter guy has to me a bad job at times as ya have normal persons come in and others that are just well crazy or know it all. So even the normal persons get the shaft! I normally let things go 1st time as everyone can be having a bad day maybe 2nd time as well after that it is never go back no mater what place it is or what they sell do.
    And as stated above {but years ago} I was at HI one day with wife and a friend and the RO called line hot and the friend who was with Crystal was still out there. Few shots got off before I was able to get them to stop.
    I will say they were nice when we shot the Garand shoot and helped my handicapped 73 year old dad out plenty so he could do it. He started out fine but started to have problems so they were nice and gave him a brake.
    Also it is to me up somewhat to those on the line shooting to help out to a point. If you see someone unsafe say something or help them.
    I was at BassPro with My brother { about a year ago} as he got some free range time when he bought a gun. The guy next to us had just gotten his 1st gun and ammo and also had free range time. Clueless as to shooting it and safety.
    I kinda felt funny doing so asked if he need some help, hated to over step bounds but it was that or report him as unsafe! He said yes and we stopped what we were doing. And did give him some basic instruction and help. And when he left was A-Ok with the weapon he had bought.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bbroussard
    Top Bottom