Traffic stop

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Ugh. I think I got one of those the other night in NOLA. My car is in my parents name so when I saw my mom the next morning I told her to pull it if she noticed a ticket and to just give it to me.

I hate those things. Thank god we're not like California and you get a big ole flash in the face too.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Do they actually pull over / ticket people for it though? It seems silly...

Why does it seem silly? It's a LA traffic law that effects safety. If they do pull people over for it they need to do more since it seems like just about everybody that has them runs them.I don't care if people run them but alt least turn them off when you meet me or come up behind me like the law says. Have you read the Fog light law?

Sigforty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2007
    For me it is not just the 6K HID headlights that are the problem. The real problem is no one bothers to adjust headlights anymore. If people took the time to adjust their headlights they would not be blinding people. I have just as much blinding from a regular headlight with what I call the evil eye syndrome(the one headlight that points into another lane) as I do the HID. I especially notice the aiming problem with people on lifted vehicles. They get a 2"+ lift and never bother readjusting their headlights properly.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    On the heels of yet another phone/car law; 2013's no social networking while driving, I am still waiting to see if ANY one/department is writing tickets for the 2010 No texting while driving law?

It appears to me, the law has encouraged more of it! :dunno:

Holy Hell, does anybody realize they are driving anymore?

My new dual lens dashcam should arrive by Tuesday. Imma light my YouTube up....

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    For me it is not just the 6K HID headlights that are the problem. The real problem is no one bothers to adjust headlights anymore. If people took the time to adjust their headlights they would not be blinding people. I have just as much blinding from a regular headlight with what I call the evil eye syndrome(the one headlight that points into another lane) as I do the HID. I especially notice the aiming problem with people on lifted vehicles. They get a 2"+ lift and never bother readjusting their headlights properly.

So, have you done an HID retro yet? :p

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    bastards! That thing gets me almost every time I pass thru, which fortunately is only every other blue moon. My last one was $40 for doing 45 in 35. I sent them a check with a note saying I wouldn't drive thru Zachary again, or stop and spend any money there. And that I hoped the town goes bankrupt soon

Did you hear about the guy who got a picture of his car doing 10 over, and a ticket in the mail?

He decided to be cute and sent them a picture of the money he owed instead of a check.

So the PD apparently sent him a picture of handcuffs back, and he paid the ticket. I have no idea if this story is true, I just read it somewhere.

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Did you hear about the guy who got a picture of his car doing 10 over, and a ticket in the mail?

He decided to be cute and sent them a picture of the money he owed instead of a check.

So the PD apparently sent him a picture of handcuffs back, and he paid the ticket. I have no idea if this story is true, I just read it somewhere.

I heard several variations on the same.

Funny story, true or not.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The problem with HID in a stock halogen headlight is that the beam refraction is ruined 9 out of 10 times. This puts odd "glare squirrels" out at bad angles. Other drivers perceive this as glare and complain about it.

While it might look fine against a wall, it's not so great for oncoming traffic who see bright beacons of blindness approaching. For instance, my projectors are LESS bright off angle than my running lights, but they will burn your retinae out if you get in the beam pattern.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    The problem with HID in a stock halogen headlight is that the beam refraction is ruined 9 out of 10 times. This puts odd "glare squirrels" out at bad angles. Other drivers perceive this as glare and complain about it.

While it might look fine against a wall, it's not so great for oncoming traffic who see bright beacons of blindness approaching. For instance, my projectors are LESS bright off angle than my running lights, but they will burn your retinae out if you get in the beam pattern.

They don't care about facts.
    They know everything

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    They don't care about facts.
    They know everything

And now that you know that all is good.

I think it is way dependent on the vehicle. Some work very well and others not. Apparently H7 is fairly conducive to it. In my Titan there was very little glare and I had them adjusted properly. The ones I've seen that really blind you are the ones with very small lights like some of the older Chevy trucks. All I can say is if you're blinding people you are going to get flashed.

I could only suggest we get some people together and compare the two.

Last edited:

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The bigger the can, the more room for error permitted. I agree that the small buckets have bad scatter issues, however I've seen Titans with absolutely crappy "55w" HID kits that have poorly manufactured bulbs that spray more light above horizontal than below.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Yes, the DDM bulbs are not the quality of some of them. I'll be swapping my whole lamp assys before too long on some with LED DRLs and all of those come with projector head lamps.

Glockrunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Baton Rouge

True

New Zealand - some years ago now.

Top Bottom