True Story: They Wanted To Rob Me - Me And My Glock Said No!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I am a security consultant for several large refineries. If they have a no guns policy and the state has a 'you can have a gun in your car' policy, then they HAVE to provide you with an offsite parking lot. When I go onsite, even though I have driving privileges in the plant, I park my car in the visitor's lot and have one of the security personnel come pick me up. The site security managers know I carry and they are fine with how I conduct my business.

Sir, can you please explain what this^ has to do with the price of tea in China? :eek3:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I am a security consultant for several large refineries. If they have a no guns policy and the state has a 'you can have a gun in your car' policy, then they HAVE to provide you with an offsite parking lot. When I go onsite, even though I have driving privileges in the plant, I park my car in the visitor's lot and have one of the security personnel come pick me up. The site security managers know I carry and they are fine with how I conduct my business.

On a related note, i like turtles.

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles

You are incorrect about your interpretation of that law. Read it again.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana

Im guessing you brught this up because of the OP saying he could not carry in the plant?

I think I know which plant your talking about must be Marathon. Them having a location to park for people with guns is something that bugs me a little my buddy is an operator out there (heard this from him before). Having a place designated pretty much puts your on the radar not to mention possible vehicle break ins.

(the color seven smells a little like an orange) :) j/k

Below is a good article to read.

http://www.employmentlawdaily.com/i...at-work-may-invite-a-wrongful-discharge-suit/

If your state allows concealed carry, then firing an employee who is licensed to carry, just because he or she keeps a gun in the car while parked at work, may invite a wrongful discharge suit.
    April 28th, 2012 | Lorene Park | 5 Comments

On April 26, the Kentucky Supreme Court reversed summary judgment in favor of an employer that fired an employee for keeping a gun in his car (Mitchell v University of Kentucky). In finding that the employee’s wrongful discharge claim should have been allowed to proceed, the court pointed to Kentucky statutes that preclude employers from prohibiting individuals with concealed carry licenses from storing firearms in their vehicles, even while on property owned by the employer. Although the case involved a public employer, the Kentucky statute applies to private employers as well. Further, it provides that an employer that fires an employee for lawfully storing a gun in his or her vehicle could be liable for civil damages.

Although most states which allow licensed individuals to carry concealed weapons also give property owners the right to ban firearms on their premises, Kentucky’s exception to this general rule is not unique. Indeed, a growing number of states are passing laws where the right to ban firearms does not extend to vehicles in employer parking lots. Although there are variations among these states, the laws typically provide that an employer may not prohibit an employee who has a valid concealed carry permit from keeping a firearm in the employee’s vehicle as long as the vehicle is locked and the firearm is not visible. Some of these states also provide that an employer is not liable in any civil action for damages, injury, or death resulting from another person’s actions involving a firearm transported or stored pursuant to the gun law, such as the theft of a firearm from an employee’s vehicle. States with these types of laws include Alaska, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Minnesota, Mississippi, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah, and Wisconsin. Employers can expect to see additional state legislation on this important topic.

Last edited:

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Im guessing you brought this up because of the OP saying he could not carry in the plant?

Hattrick 22 gets it. That is exactly why I brought it up. He left his carry weapon in his hotel room. Some of you guys are just spoiling for a fight.

If I hadn't signed an NDA, I could list several plants that are required to provide separate parking outside the plant for weapons owners.

BTW - I didn't say they were in this state, did I?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Wonder how many other guys Snow White & Co have bushwacked who just didn't tell anyone about it? :p

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Wonder how many other guys Snow White & Co have bushwacked who just didn't tell anyone about it? :p

Are you implying that if they are married this may not be the kind of info you want out there on a police report?

Police Complaint Form: Victim states he was minding his own business in the bar when a busty scamp approached him and couldn't help herself and wanted to start some hanky-panky back at his room. Of course victim adamantly refused (being married and all), these advances and was apparently followed to his hotel room where this curvaceous lusty harlot then showed up with two giant men (I mean they were giant).

:p

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Are you implying that if they are married this may not be the kind of info you want out there on a police report?

Police Complaint Form: Victim states he was minding his own business in the bar when a busty scamp approached him and couldn't help herself and wanted to start some hanky-panky back at his room. Of course victim adamantly refused (being married and all), these advances and was apparently followed to his hotel room where these curvaceous lusty harlot then showed up with two giant men (I mean they were giant).

:p

Well hopefully after finding out the ordeal they went through, cooler heads would prevail....:bowrofl:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom