True Story: They Wanted To Rob Me - Me And My Glock Said No!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La
    I am sure a lot but not all of the mil guys on here have went to a bar and left with someone they didn't know well at some point in there life I know I did back in my younger days. but it was never to a hotel because I didn't have the money for a nice room it was off to the woods in the back of the truck. just glad you didn't have to shoot them.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Ok. Just let them come in and kill you. It's ok. The police will be there soon enough AFTER everything is over. Obviously not shooting them in this situation proved to work out fine and now you don't have to pay for an attorney. Just saying be ready to do what you have to do and then do anything you have to to cover your ass at all cost. Not everything is heard by all witnesses. But you recorded it so...... Sorry I didn't have anything important to add to this like saying "you'll catch VD or crabs!!!"

Derp

;)

That's the spirit!

:rofl:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I am sure a lot but not all of the mil guys on here have went to a bar and left with someone they didn't know well at some point in there life I know I did back in my younger days. but it was never to a hotel because I didn't have the money for a nice room it was off to the woods in the back of the truck. just glad you didn't have to shoot them.

Nice hotel + Pascagoula, Mississippi = Ah, no! :D

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Just sit back from your keyboard and nod to yourself if you were completely F alarmed at the fact that multiple people were incapable of alternatives to simply killing them both. Christ its like they just stay in hotels with the door unlocked and a 1911 cocked.

I've called **** like I've seen it and I've got (whats the word for not-friends-on-the-internet) in all walks here. Speaking generally, you've got people that handle this crap for a living (attempting) turning this into a genuine learning experience and you can't absorb it cause of all the 'murica flying around in your monday morning QB session.

Now lets have some fun. When you shoot both the bastards, the guy in room 5A says "Yeah officer I heard this lady screaming for help, and those guys went to check on her and that lunatic shot them both. Yeah he yelled "I'll kill you M@$%$^#$ then I heard 4 or 5 shots"

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Just sit back from your keyboard and nod to yourself if you were completely F alarmed at the fact that multiple people were incapable of alternatives to simply killing them both. Christ its like they just stay in hotels with the door unlocked and a 1911 cocked.

I've called **** like I've seen it and I've got (whats the word for not-friends-on-the-internet) in all walks here. Speaking generally, you've got people that handle this crap for a living (attempting) turning this into a genuine learning experience and you can't absorb it cause of all the 'murica flying around in your monday morning QB session.

Now lets have some fun. When you shoot both the bastards, the guy in room 5A says "Yeah officer I heard this lady screaming for help, and those guys went to check on her and that lunatic shot them both. Yeah he yelled "I'll kill you M@$%$^#$ then I heard 4 or 5 shots"

If the guy is telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth about commanding them to leave while training a gun on them inside his hotel room (whore or not), where they were uninvited; you want this dude to pull a Predator move, (dropping his little laser cannon, taking off his helmet, and disconnecting those air hoses), and challenge the two Dutches to a fist fight?

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA

I won't lie, OP's scenario coulda got me beaten in my younger days. If you're the kind of guy women in bars throw themselves at, you know when she's a little too persistent. If you aren't that guy (lets be honest) when it happens out of the blue, it ain't your new cologne lol

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    If the guy is telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth about commanding them to leave while training a gun on them inside his hotel room (whore or not), where they were uninvited; you want this dude to pull a Predator move, (dropping his little laser cannon, taking off his helmet, and disconnecting those air hoses), and challenge the two Dutches to a fist fight?

No, I want him to dial 911 and leave the phone off the hook before his verbal onslaught. "gtfo of my room. I dont have any money. Dont come any closer or I'll shoot you. The police are on the way..."

There, bayoushooter, is just one alternative to going all rambo norris. Help is on the way, and you're not the bad guy- whether or not you HAVE to shoot (read that again please) you'll have documentation that can't be taken by beating you senseless and stealing your phone.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    No, I want him to dial 911 and leave the phone off the hook before his verbal onslaught. "gtfo of my room. I dont have any money. Dont come any closer or I'll shoot you. The police are on the way..."

There, bayoushooter, is just one alternative to going all rambo norris. Help is on the way, and you're not the bad guy- whether or not you HAVE to shoot (read that again please) you'll have documentation that can't be taken by beating you senseless and stealing your phone.

I see! Too bad the OP thought it more important to be Qunicy Jones for a moment and to lay down some cool buttery conversation beats on his phone! :mamoru:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I see! Too bad the OP thought it more important to be Qunicy Jones for a moment and to lay down some cool buttery conversation beats on his phone! :mamoru:

But he did that anyway... only he recorded it on a cell phone that can be stolen, and it wasn't actually getting him any help. If that phone goes in a lake so does his record of events. When you dial 911 its a little different. - additionally that he's now the victim.

One of our more experienced guys may have a better alternative, but this is what immediately came to my mind. Just food for thought instead of wishing someone coulda killed two people or debating the morality of picking up girls in bars.

Last edited:

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    All I'm saying is I've had to transition from covering with a pistol to hands on or using an intermediate device 100's of times. It worked out well for me every time. Granted, my equipment was readily available. A winning mindset also helps out.

Now as far as this happening while off duty, well that doesn't happen because I don't put myself in a position to become a victim or look like an easy mark.

JR1572

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    But he did that anyway... only he recorded it on a cell phone that can be stolen, and it wasn't actually getting him any help. If that phone goes in a lake so does his record of events. When you dial 911 its a little different. - additionally that he's now the victim.

All right! We get it, braggart! It is good advice! :D

When are you going put some pictures up of what a wabbit skank looked like from your barhopping days!

Get it? Bar hopping!

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    All I'm saying is I've had to transition from covering with a pistol to hands on or using an intermediate device 100's of times. It worked out well for me every time. Granted, my equipment was readily available. A winning mindset also helps out.

Now as far as this happening while off duty, well that doesn't happen because I don't put myself in a position to become a victim or look like an easy mark.

JR1572

say that when Mississippi's hottest truck stop regular is sliding you a room key... :rofl:

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville

One of our more experienced guys may have a better alternative, but this is what immediately came to my mind. Just food for thought instead of wishing someone coulda killed two people or debating the morality of picking up girls in bars.

Did we ever clear up why the OP felt it was prudent to start recording on his cell vs dialing 911 immediately.

Are ya'll (not madwabbit, I know you know) aware that all 911 calls are recorded?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Did we ever clear up why the OP felt it was prudent to start recording on his cell vs dialing 911 immediately.

Are ya'll (not madwabbit, I know you know) aware that all 911 calls are recorded?

Since he is not here to answer, I would offer that his stress levels may have short circuited clearest thought! Hippocampus interruptus? :p

On top of whorus interruptus!?! :dunno:

Hmmm! Or is it whoress?

Last edited:

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Crewdog- thanks for the post, both informative and made me think of what I would do if faced with the same situation.

Disregard the Monday morning QB’s on the forum – they weren’t there and I’d wager there would be some pee pee stains if faced with the same situation!

Plus - This could happen to me because I am one good lookin’ man – in fact yesterday, while looking at myself in the mirror I commented, not once but twice that I was one sexy biatch.

th

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Disregard the Monday morning QB’s on the forum – they weren’t there and I’d wager there would be some pee pee stains if faced with the same situation!

You're right. Some of us don't know what we're talking about. I'm sure in your vast experience as a civil engineer you must have been placed in scores of situations where you had to actually use physical force to get non-complaint individuals to do what you want them to do.

JR1572

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    You're right. Some of us don't know what we're talking about. I'm sure in your vast experience as a civil engineer you must have been placed in scores of situations where you had to actually use physical force to get non-complaint individuals to do what you want them to do.

JR1572

Of course not. Your experience doesn't matter.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington

JR1572

Weekend tactical training trumps any and all ACTUAL experience, didn't you know that. All we do is serve papers and talk **** anyway, right. It's not like we actually do any real police work. And if/when we do it is only to violate the rights of poor innocent civilians just trying to make their dreams come true. Its not like we ever got any training or actually train during the week. We are to busy serving papers and eating doughnuts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom