TWIC cards

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    ave had both for a LONGGGGGGGGGGG time and never had any issue.

Twic is simply to access an area with a Marsec Security Level, nothing more than that and 99% of places cant even read the damn card

Exxon/Chevron Heliports were the first ones that I know of to get chip scanners BUT since the Security Guards had NO training on how to use the machine they quickly discontinued it and started doing like everybody else and just writing down names and manually verifying that they do have one and you are G2G.

Waste of money .............

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    The issue you are discussing involves contract employees working at plants such as Exxon. In that example, Exxon is not their employer. But Exxon is the property owner and can post its property, or make its own rules and policies that pertain to contractor's privileges regarding possession of guns in their vehicles.

The employer (in this case, the uncle of the member who posed the question) is not allowed to prohibited his employees from having guns in their vehicles.

This is a loophole in the original bill that was brought to Wooten's attention shortly after the bill was files, but was ignored.

Contractors are able to check in firearms in lockers by going through the refinery. It requires getting a permit through security.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Some Contractors at ExxonMobil are able to check in firearms in lockers by going through the refinery. It requires getting a permit through security.

When the procedures were first implemented, it depended on the work status (full time with picture ID or not) of the contract employee. Part-time and those w/o photo badge were not allowed to store firearms. May have changed

mariner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2012
    Lafayette
    I am also worries out this. I was told that sometimes after you get a TWIC card you can experience a delay when purchasing a new firearm. Your story is not the first I have heard of this and hope it doesn't happen to me.
    TWIC stands for Transportation Workers Identification CARD. Just sayin' ;)

I have one, and I bought a firearm ... recently. No delay, no problems.

Top Bottom