Unexpectedly hosed in the gun panic...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pulpsmack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Red Stick
    I pretty much got what I needed years back and couldn't afford "prudent supplementation", so I' e sat these past few weeks out.

I head a 12-step community outreach range group and went out for some milk cartons of .22 LR. Now I expect 9mm to be bone dry. finding an empty hole in the .38 section is surprising, but not shocking, but .22 LR?! There isn't a round in sight. I'd just tap into my bench supplies and roll some cool .38 spl. but I can't bankroll the group and many don't have much money.

Pardon the stupid question, but does anyone have a clue where I .22LR is available in the red stick area? Nothing doing at Wally World, academy, or Cabelas as of today.

LabRat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I haven't seen any on a shelf anywhere in quite some time. Still can be ordered online, but you have to wait for the back orders to come in. Takes about 2 weeks each order, so far

Unclee1

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I purchased a few boxes of 100 at Academy last week and some boxes of 50 at Bowie Outfitters this wkend. It's VERY slim pickens.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Everything is getting bought up. I have had to trade unicorn for unicorn, lately, if I want anything (for example, case of quality M193 for complete lower, etc.)

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    Everything is getting bought up. I have had to trade unicorn for unicorn, lately, if I want anything (for example, case of quality M193 for complete lower, etc.)

This. It's horse trading that has been lucrative for me lately unless I stumble upon something online from time to time. Just got in 600 rds of Danish 5.56 that I ordered last week.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    If the libs were to be believed, we'd be shooting each other and raid our reloading benches by now.

Indeed, but quite the contrary! My experience, at least with this board, is that people are reaching out to me for things they need, and I to them, and we are making honest deals in which both of us leave smiling and happy.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Opelousas Wal mart had some last few times I went. I picked up a couple thousand rounds for different people. Ill check on way home if they have any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barbarossa

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Can somebody explain to me why people are panic-buying .22LR ammo? I mean, who's talking about banning rimfire ammo? I just don't get it.

5250 rounds of CCI Blazer used to sell on gunbroker for $179 a month ago, now it's close to $800. Why?

Malachi

Yes, I'm new.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Morgan City
    its sad, wanted some 22LR for some fun for me and the girl this weekend.

i have a feeling there is a lot of ammo that will NEVER be shot, or will go bad. (and we all know thats a long F-ing time.)

pulpsmack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Red Stick
    I'd like to publically thank LSU fan for the heads up. "The location" is now empty as well, but I was able to walk out with something in hand and now we can meet this month and allow some new shooters to get interested in guns, thanks to that tip!

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Indeed, but quite the contrary! My experience, at least with this board, is that people are reaching out to me for things they need, and I to them, and we are making honest deals in which both of us leave smiling and happy.

that's how it should be, "treat others as you want to be treated" glad to hear

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Can somebody explain to me why people are panic-buying .22LR ammo? I mean, who's talking about banning rimfire ammo? I just don't get it.

5250 rounds of CCI Blazer used to sell on gunbroker for $179 a month ago, now it's close to $800. Why?

Because it happens every time
    1 - you were able to buy 3K of bulk pack for about $120
    So a guy can fill up an ammo can cheap

2 - Many go to shooting .22 instead of centerfire

3 - Implement a buy 1 shoot 1 program for yourself in the future. It is a good way to shoot & build a stock as you go. When you get enough ahead you can coast.

4 - I shoot a lot of .22. always did. GET OFF OF MY CLOUD!! Just kidding. Times is hard for everybody.

Top Bottom