Vote maness or cassidy, today, for sake of 2nd amendment!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    If only the 10.4% realized that their vote for Maness is actually helping Landrieu get re-elected.

Nope.
    Add the 10.4% to Cassidy's 34.1% and you still only have 44.5%. Not enough to win.

How many, just here on BayouShooter, have stated that they would rather have Maness, but are voting for Cassidy because "Manness is splitting the vote"?
    If those voters would vote for who they want, we just might would have a Mannes/Landrieu runnoff instead. Then those voters could have who they want, and not settle for the lesser of two evils.

If anyone thinks there wouldn't be a runoff with 8 candidates running, they are being naive. (My ballot only had eight, Raymond Brown wasn't listed)

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    Math follks, MATH!!

Democrats make up 1.4 million of the state’s voters, or 49.8 percent, according to the Aug. 1 tallies by the secretary of state.

Republicans total 756,319 voters, or 26.75 percent of the total number of registered voters, while other party registrants stand at 662,276, or 23.43 percent.

Yes, most of whom consistently vote for conservative republicans.

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    The latest Rasmussen poll for today’s primary:
    Landrieu 39.6
    Cassidy 34.1
    Maness 10.4
    This is frightening. With Maness out of the running, I’m very confident that Cassidy would win. In a Landrieu-Cassidy runoff matchup, Rasmussen shows Cassidy up 48.0 to 43.4. This is FAR too close for comfort, and Maness’ votes ARE the difference.

If some of the other close races go the wrong way, and the balance of the Senate hinges on Louisiana, the Rats will pour EVERYTHING into a December runoff - every dirty trick, last-minute scandal, vote they can buy with cigarettes and bus fare, and every single dead vote - and Landrieu may very likely win. The Rats will probably focus on the runoff anyway, so a Landrieu defeat in the primary is a MUCH more desirable outcome. With the split R vote, defeating her in the primary is unlikely to happen.

The disturbing part to me is the fact that so many people believe Cassidy is better than Landrieu and will continue to "reward" left leaning moderates just to try to spite the democrat party. You don't even realized you've been played from the beginning...

- - - Updated - - -

If we keep voting for the establishment candidate then they wont offer up anything better. I can hold my nose and vote rino in the run off but for now theres a better candidate on the ballot that didnt just switch over to make his liberal leanings more palletable to the voters.

Do you even wonder why the GOP throws so much money behind this kind of person? If you're satisfied with the state of the alleged conservative party then back their every move. I cant in good conscience vote like that with another option. YMMV

Amen brother.

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    I listened to Cassidy speak at a conference a few weeks ago in BR, and I couldn't stand the guy. His voice, mannerisms, and overall demeanor was cringe worthy to say the least. A true wolf in sheep's clothing. After saying all that, I was still dead set on voting for Cassidy this morning not to split the vote. Once I got in the booth, I just couldn't do it. I couldn't hold my nose and vote for him. I gave my vote to Col. Maness. Wasted vote? Maybe. I still think it's going to be a runoff between Cassidy and Miss Piggy. I'll hold my nose to vote then. My heart wouldn't let me do it this time with a better candidate on the ticket.

For sure! Cassidy is an uppity up. He does not give a rat's ass about the middle class conservative, only the rich elitist pricks who walk around and act like they are better than you when you see them. I refuse to reward that behavior. Cassidy is a WORM. We have enough of them already in congress. Time to seriously clean house...

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'm voting Maness. Even if he doesn't win, I think the numbers voting for Maness should show that people are truly looking for change.

They will show that! But, what exactly do you know is different about Maness than Cassidy? Cassidy was a Congressman. His voting record is conservative; it's not even moderate conservative. The only thing he appears to be lacking for hard right conservatives is a penchant for religious right stances. That is most likely because he is a medical doctor.

If you compare the two; you actually have a record to go by on Cassidy and only promises of what he (Maness), wants to try to do. I am not endorsing either here; but really want to know what resonated with people to believe that Rob Maness is going to do or perform some miracle by himself or outside of the republican cause up there.

The fight between them up there is hard right religious conservatives against the moderates. I agree that true fiscal conservative philosophy is needed more up there from them, but which time period in modern history has there ever been successful governance from a majority of hard right conservatives in power?

And of the say, top 5 issues that are polling as most important to the American people, what is Maness saying he would vote different than what Cassidy would support? Hell, take the top 10 issues for that matter. Point being, if Maness voted differently than Cassidy would on the top 10 things that are important to Americans; he would be on the wrong side of the issue as far as republicans were concerned.

I should add, the Tea Party is also part of the in-fighting in the republican party, but their voters will support the republican when it' all said and done. The religious right would let the ship sink on principle. Not a bad thing, but not the answer.

Last edited:

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    If only the 10.4% realized that their vote for Maness is actually helping Landrieu get re-elected.

If only the 34.1% realized that the 10.4% doesn't give a ****.

At least if Landrieu wins we have a shot of getting a decent candidate in next election. If Cassidy wins we are stuck with either him or the Dem that will eventually replace him.

Most likely scenario is Runoff with Ms Piggy and Cassidy where all the Manass voters go and vote for Cassidy.

Last edited:

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    They will show that! But, what exactly do you know is different about Maness than Cassidy? Cassidy was a Congressman. His voting record is conservative; it's not even moderate conservative. The only thing he appears to be lacking for hard right conservatives is a penchant for religious right stances. That is most likely because he is a medical doctor.

If you compare the two; you actually have a record to go by on Cassidy and only promises of what he (Maness), wants to try to do. I am not endorsing either here; but really want to know what resonated with people to believe that Rob Maness is going to do or perform some miracle by himself or outside of the republican cause up there.

The fight between them up there is hard right religious conservatives against the moderates. I agree that true fiscal conservative philosophy is needed more up there from them, but which time period in modern history has there ever been successful governance from a majority of hard right conservatives in power?

And of the say, top 5 issues that are polling as most important to the American people, what is Maness saying he would vote different than what Cassidy would support? Hell, take the top 10 issues for that matter. Point being, if Maness voted differently than Cassidy would on the top 10 things that are important to Americans; he would be on the wrong side of the issue as far as republicans were concerned.

I should add, the Tea Party is also part of the in-fighting in the republican party, but their voters will support the republican when it' all said and done. The religious right would let the ship sink on principle. Not a bad thing, but not the answer.

I will endorse Maness. Due to the fact I have stood face to face and shook the man's hand and know him to be sincere. He is tired of politics as usual. He really desires change. He comes from the same background as most of us here do. Not some silver spoon privileged doctor, but a military man who has a proven track record of SERVICE to this Nation. He is a Doer, not a Taker.

- - - Updated - - -

If only the 34.1% realized that the 10.4% doesn't give a ****.

At least if Landrieu wins we have a shot of getting a decent candidate in next election. If Cassidy wins we are stuck with either him or the Dem that will eventually replace him.

Most likely scenario is Runoff with Ms Piggy and Cassidy where all the Manass voters go and vote for Cassidy.

LOL!!! Touché!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I will endorse Maness. Due to the fact I have stood face to face and shook the man's hand and know him to be sincere. He is tired of politics as usual. He really desires change. He comes from the same background as most of us here do. Not some silver spoon privileged doctor, but a military man who has a proven track record of SERVICE to this Nation. He is a Doer, not a Taker.

So was John McCain! :dunno:

As for the silver spoon doctor; you might want to actually read about his career and his bio! You only hear what the DNC puts on TV or the left leaning news tells you. ;)

I'm am sure this bio is all a lie; and the Landrieu campaign can't find any discrepancies with it to use against him whatsoever?!?

http://cassidy.house.gov/about/full-biography

BTW; what doctor with a 20 year career, and who is married to a retired surgeon wouldn't be a millionaire? I'd say a bad one!

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    So was John McCain! :dunno:

As for the silver spoon doctor; you might want to actually read about his career and his bio! You only hear what the DNC puts on TV or the left leaning news tells you. ;)

I'm am sure this bio is all a lie; and the Landrieu campaign can't find any discrepancies with it to use against him whatsoever?!?

http://cassidy.house.gov/about/full-biography

BTW; what doctor with a 20 year career, and who is married to a retired surgeon wouldn't be a millionaire? I'd say a bad one!

He is not the same caliber as Maness. And Maness is conservative, McCain was/is not. If anything, you can compare Cassidy with McCain politically. Rich doctors who do not even bother to show up to debates do not impress me. Sorry.

ETA: And to top it off, he is WEAK. His appearance, his affect, everything about Cassidy screams weakness. We have enough of that. We need more military veterans in Government and fewer Doctors and Lawyers....

Last edited:

IRDWalrus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2014
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You don't promote someone who did nothing for 2 years into a job where they can do nothing for 6.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    He is not the same caliber as Maness. And Maness is conservative, McCain was/is not. If anything, you can compare Cassidy with McCain politically. Rich doctors who do not even bother to show up to debates do not impress me. Sorry.

I am not trying to sell you on him. I just want people to know the differences between these two philosophically is minute. The service they have done for country and community is comparable.

I encourage you to vote for Maness! You have obligated yourself to doing that for whatever reason and that is fine. Just be there when it matters in December; regardless of which republican is in the runoff with that zombie. :hi5:

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    I am not trying to sell you on him. I just want people to know the differences between these two philosophically is minute. The service they have done for country and community is comparable.

I encourage you to vote for Maness! You have obligated yourself to doing that for whatever reason and that is fine. Just be there when it matters in December; regardless of which republican is in the runoff with that zombie. :hi5:

Agreed, I will be there regardless, but I am tired of the proponents of the "lesser of two evils" card. Cassidy has not "served" anyone but himself. He is every bit as much of the problem with this nation as Landrieu... And you know everywhere I see Cassidy signs and stickers - I see uber rich entitled people. Mercedes and Porsches, yachts that have uppity people on them that will not wave back at you and never fly an American flag....

Caste system is what this is. If you support the status quo, you get the status quo. Frankly I am surprised that you would not support a Tea Party candidate Emperor....

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Agreed, I will be there regardless, but I am tired of the proponents of the "lesser of two evils" card. Cassidy has not "served" anyone but himself. He is every bit as much of the problem with this nation as Landrieu... And you know everywhere I see Cassidy signs and stickers - I see uber rich entitled people. Mercedes and Porsches, yachts that have uppity people on them that will not wave back at you and never fly an American flag....

Caste system is what this is. If you support the status quo, you get the status quo. Frankly I am surprised that you would not support a Tea Party candidate Emperor....

I do support the TP's message. They should add term limits to their call for relentless fiscal reform. The TP really took some hits when the phony media wanted them out of the picture a few years back. The TP is a direct threat to the democrats plan of "Free ****" in every registered democrat and illegal aliens pot! They have some catching up to do. Why do you think fiscal reform is not resonating with EVERY American like it absolutely should?

They, like the establishment republicans are losing the PR war. Here is what your next Senate Majority leader is goijng to look like:

Really? Another fossil that no one under 30 will ever know or care about. Another dark suit! No wonder young folks are repelled by these dummies. :doh:

whodat247

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 12, 2014
    Mandeville
    This is why I usually try to stay out of conversations involving politics and religion. If I don't believe what you do, I'm an idiot.

I just want Landrieu out.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    If anyone thinks there wouldn't be a runoff with 8 candidates running, they are being naive. (My ballot only had eight, Raymond Brown wasn't listed)

I think it has less to do with naivety and more to do with being misleading.

This is why I usually try to stay out of conversations involving politics and religion. If I don't believe what you do, I'm an idiot.

Unless I missed it, I don't think anyone called you an idiot, in fact this discussion has remained surprisingly civil.

EDIT: Just kidding it crossed that line

Last edited:

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    I do support the TP's message. They should add term limits to their call for relentless fiscal reform. The TP really took some hits when the phony media wanted them out of the picture a few years back. The TP is a direct threat to the democrats plan of "Free ****" in every registered democrat and illegal aliens pot! They have some catching up to do. Why do you think fiscal reform is not resonating with EVERY American like it absolutely should?

They, like the establishment republicans are losing the PR war. Here is what your next Senate Majority leader is goijng to look like:

Really? Another fossil that no one under 30 will ever know or care about. Another dark suit! No wonder young folks are repelled by these dummies. :doh:

Agreed my friend.

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!

Agreed with wanting Landrieu out. You're not an idiot, otherwise you would not be concerned with this election. Unfortunately this country is at a point where either "choice" is more of an illusion than a real choice. 150+ years of constitutional destruction has paved the road for the situation we are in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom