Vote maness or cassidy, today, for sake of 2nd amendment!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    This race is a far drawn conclusion to be a run off. There was never going to be a straight up 50% + 1 on the primary. If as the pollsters predict; only 43% of the electorate shows up to vote, you are historically looking at more registered republicans and Independents going to the polls than democrats.

These democrats almost rely solely on bloc voting from minorities (if they show, a lever for a democrat they will throw). It's almost comical at this point. And dems are helped by dumb white women too, who buy into that war on women and pro-abortion crap.

She will make the runoff! Maness will not! The best shot to get her out was with Maness realizing that he would not win or make the run off, and at the last minute urging his followers to vote Cassidy. That opportunity is gone!

You are right though! They will throw everything into the runoff; and that is where it gets dicey! Because if the Maness voters pout and stay home, Louisiana loses!

There is another scenario that may cause this worthless woman from getting tossed out. If the republicans take the Senate tonight, then the fire to throw them all (democrats), out may dwindle.

I hope not!

Yea, too bad the republicans keep throwing Rino's at us.... Right?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Missing a debate can also be campaign strategy. If he knows he will either make the run off or win outright, why open himself up to the risk lf a terrible sound bite?

and that is the difference between a statesman and a career politician. We could use far fewer of the latter imho.

This tactic is as old as Mitch McConnell (the "new" face of the Senate), looks. 200 years old! :p

If polls show that you will be an essential lock for the runoff of your nearest opponent, you have the luxury of sidestepping this potential pitfall. Jack is correct! There is no gain in squaring off with your opponent in a debate that will garner you no additional support.

Do you think for a second that ANY registered democrat would have looked at a debate with Bill Cassidy and Mary Landrieu and said; "You know what? I like this guy's ideas! I was going to vote for Landrieu but now I have changed my mind!"

:rofl:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Yea, too bad the republicans keep throwing Rino's at us.... Right?

The answer is simple; more "I's" or "No Party" on American's Voter Registration cards!

Sell that idea to registered bloc voting democrats and you may have something there! ;)

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    What happens if it goes to a runoff and I don't like either candidate? I hate to say it, but I'm over this voting for the lesser of two evils BS. If the powers that be can't give me better candidate choices, eff it, I'm not going to even bother.

This is a decision that's on my mind.

I feel like if I stay home.... We may or may not keep the pig.

And, the R-inos will see what a hit they are taking.

Whereas if we vote for the Rino (I voted for the Col) They may not get the message that should be beat into their thick skulls with lamp posts, tar and feathers!
    (and we will be stuck with "new king, same as the old king")

Last edited:

jmeng

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    For those talking about debates, local political analyst on the news last night predicted that Cassidy may refuse to debate Mary before the runoff. If he's polling in the 60% range then he has nothing to gain. I voted for Maness but will hold my nose and vote for the RINO on December 6th.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    If you don't want Landrieu to keep her job, you better vote against her.

I can assure you those who support her...."will".

Despite what you may or may not believe, not voting in protest only helps her, at this point. There is no longer an alternative candidate. Fact. :dunno:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Despite what you may or may not believe, not voting in protest only helps her, at this point. There is no longer an alternative candidate. Fact. :dunno:

"Da! Zees, you can take to bank!"

Ivan P. Pavlov

Last edited:

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    This is a decision that's on my mind.

I feel like if I stay home.... We may or may not keep the pig.

And, the R-inos will see what a hit they are taking.

Whereas if we vote for the Rino (I voted for the Col) They may not get the message that should be beat into their thick skulls with lamp posts, tar and feathers!
    (and we will be stuck with "new king, same as the old king")

Agreed. Either they will pay attention or they will lose. They NEED us, we DON'T need THEM if it is going to Sh!t anyway... What is the difference....

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!

I think there are very few that will not vote UNLESS he is arrogant about the situation and just thinks we HAVE to vote for him.... Republicans have taken the house and senate. It matters little now strategically if you think about it. At this point it is just personal. If Cassidy want's our votes then he needs to address our concerns through dialogue with Col. Maness.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I think there are very few that will not vote UNLESS he is arrogant about the situation and just thinks we HAVE to vote for him.... Republicans have taken the house and senate. It matters little now strategically if you think about it. At this point it is just personal. If Cassidy want's our votes then he needs to address our concerns through dialogue with Col. Maness.

It's with a heavy heart that I must respectfully disagree. I think there are many who simply will not vote- for the reasons mentioned and others. Just like always. :wtc:

I'd like to think most of us here will, though.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Expect (if he hasn't already), Maness to fully endorse Cassidy. You can't go on a campaign shouting that your philosophy and ideals is what is important and is why you are running in the first place, and then say; "I don't care who wins now!" Remember, there was not much difference in their messages to begin with. The common enemy was/is Mary Landrieu and the democrats in general.

I would be shocked if Rob Maness didn't volunteer and/or wasn't enlisted to actively hawk for Cassidy at some point.

Those that would sit at home (pouting), will be saying that these scumbags (democrats or republicans), can blatantly defy the overwhelming wishes of their constituents with no consequences! Regardless of how ANYONE feels about Cassidy's level of conservatism, the fact remains he voted the way his constituency expected him to.

Landrieu told us all to kiss her ass on pretendercare. If she wins now; you as an American will be telling them up there; what they do up there doesn't matter back home!

This is not about control of the senate! This is now ALL ABOUT ACCOUNTABILITY! ;)

Last edited:

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Expect (if he hasn't already), Maness to fully endorse Cassidy. You can't go on a campaign shouting that your philosophy and ideals is what is important and is why you are running in the first place, and then say; "I don't care who wins now!"....

Those that would sit at home (pouting), will be saying that these scumbags (democrats or republicans), can blatantly defy the overwhelming wishes of their constituents with no consequences! ! ;)

Actually your statements are at odds with one another.
    (as is typical of the "oh, vote party line THIS TIME.... it's important. Over and over and over and over....)

If your ideals are important, and then your given a choice between two people who DO NOT represent your ideals, you can compromise them and "vote for the lessor evil" OR you can stand on yor ideals and send a message to the one who MIGHT listen if hit across the skull with te 2x4 enough!
    Otherwise, they will do what the democrats do to the black population. Ignore your concerns knowing that they are in the bag.

Thank you because of what you said, I'm staying home in December, because we MUST teach them that there are consequences for a lack of representation!

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    Actually your statements are at odds with one another.
    (as is typical of the "oh, vote party line THIS TIME.... it's important. Over and over and over and over....)

If your ideals are important, and then your given a choice between two people who DO NOT represent your ideals, you can compromise them and "vote for the lessor evil" OR you can stand on yor ideals and send a message to the one who MIGHT listen if hit across the skull with te 2x4 enough!
    Otherwise, they will do what the democrats do to the black population. Ignore your concerns knowing that they are in the bag.

Thank you because of what you said, I'm staying home in December, because we MUST teach them that there are consequences for a lack of representation!

And a good number of other voters may well do the same. That is why Cassidy needs to get with Maness and solidify this if he really wants it. **** is **** no matter what letter behind the name.

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    While it may not matter much for the next two years with regard to who wins this race, it may matter a lot after the 2016 race. That race will have the Democrats at about the same advantage the Republicans had in the election yesterday (2 to 1 seats being defended). We should expect to loose some seats in that election, and an additional Republican in the Senate could easily mean the difference in Senate control. If Hillary wins, it sure would be nice to still have the Senate to keep her in check.

So, whether or not you like him, vote for the Doc; it's important.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    While it may not matter much for the next two years with regard to who wins this race, it may matter a lot after the 2016 race. That race will have the Democrats at about the same advantage the Republicans had in the election yesterday (2 to 1 seats being defended). We should expect to loose some seats in that election, and an additional Republican in the Senate could easily mean the difference in Senate control. If Hillary wins, it sure would be nice to still have the Senate to keep her in check.

So, whether or not you like him, vote for the Doc; it's important.

That's some small minded, short term thinking right there.

And EXACTLY what has got us into this mess!

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Correct.

This is why the democrats always win. They have a solidarity that the republicans will never have.

Just like us gun owners. Some of us are reasonable individuals, some are mouth-breathing, knuckle dragging imbeciles that act like the 2nd amendment Taliban.

Your guy didn't make the runoff. Suck it up and let's work together to accomplish the main objective.

JR1572

I'm going to go ahead and post this (from another thread) here, as I cannot think of a better way to say it. Bold added by me.

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    While it may not matter much for the next two years with regard to who wins this race, it may matter a lot after the 2016 race. That race will have the Democrats at about the same advantage the Republicans had in the election yesterday (2 to 1 seats being defended). We should expect to loose some seats in that election, and an additional Republican in the Senate could easily mean the difference in Senate control. If Hillary wins, it sure would be nice to still have the Senate to keep her in check..

Surely you over estimate the GOP and their need to bend over. Our new found majority leader has already laid the foundation for not leveraging the power of the purse over the opposition party.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom