Wal Mart 100 Rounds Federal Brass .45 $25.97/box

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Turns out they don't sell ammo in about half of the tampa walmarts. On the other hand, I found 500 rounds of M193 in an ammo can for 130. Hooray for private sales.

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    This morning I was lucky to pick up 500rds of the Federal at Wally World (Algiers) before I went to the range today. I brought along an additional 100rds of WWB to make my NHC Heinie get a real good workout. I fired 300rds of Federal out the NHC without any issue. I also fired 100rds of WWB and had one issue. It was a failure to go into battery, but at no fault of the pistol. That particular round was too long. It was head stamped 45acp, but about the same length as a 460 Rowland. Go figure.

bigoo7e

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Haughton, La. 71037
    I just scored another 1,000rds of this at the Bossier City Wal-Mart. The price was $28.97 on the shelf but they rang up at $25.97 a box, score! $284 and 46lbs of 45ACP later, very nice! ;-p

Peace,
    Evan

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    If anyone picks up any extra in the NOLA metro area, please let me know and I'll be more than willing to take it off your hands.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I just went to a walmart in tampa, its 25.97 here on the sticker. 28.97 when they ring it up. You have to get them to do the correction to get it back to 25.97

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    Just got the last one from Denham.............mforsta , thanks for the heads up. How many boxes were you able to pick up?
    Yes the price went up to $28.95...................
    Since the cat is out of the bag, I'm sure every Walmart in Louisiana is being raided right now.

Looks like at least 1 Walmart Bean counter looked at the sales of that part number and "Upped" the price.
    Walmart is supposed to "Roll Back" the prices

bigoo7e

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Haughton, La. 71037
    Well the only money I give to Wal-Mart is on ammo, online prices are good for ammo... but you can come out a lot cheaper most of the time by buying your target ammo at Wal-Mart IMO.

Last edited:

chootem

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Lockport
    Just picked up 5 more boxes from Walmart in Matthews. 28.97. Lady said they had a price increase on all ammo on the 29th. And should be getting more in in the next day or so. I have noticed a few people asking others to pick up extra. If anyone wants a few boxes let me know. I was going to pick up a few boxes but decided to get all 5 in case someone here wanted some.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I just went to look at wal-mart gift cards on ebay. They are selling at ABOVE cash prices, can someone please explain that to me?

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Last edited:

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    I did not read all the reply's, so your question may have been answered.
    IM gonna go a little off topic to cover my theory. I could be wrong. The basic answer is
    Somebody has got to get Paid !

My Best guess is,
    Most gift cards use Visa/Mastercard for the processing.
    Fees are charged for initial processing of the gift card, [to open the account]
    Then fees are charged to the store that accepts it to process the sale.

Example, When you come to my shop, and I swipe your credit card, The processor fees usually total to
    3% of the entire total [ gross total]
    So if you spend $1,000 [ $30 fee from the get go ]
    Soon as I swipe it, The Processor takes their money, then Visa takes their money, THEN I get my money.

So those Cash back cards & Airline miles cards are NOT free miles or free CAsh back.

I [ the vendor ] pays the first initial fee [ usually 3% ], then you get charged interest if you carry a balance, etc.
    They get their money coming and going.

For the Gift card, there is a good chance Ebay gets that money as a "Fee".
    The company issuing the gift card will make their money when its redeemed.

Like a mini "PayDay" loan.

Vince

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Walmart has about the cheapest prices on most ammo and even cheaper than Academy. I'll buy it there as its one of the few things they carry that are still made in the USA. My contention is that i don't care where the money goes after it leaves my pocket as long as more of it stays in my pocket. I'll shop mom and pop for ammo that Academy or Walmart doesn't carry as long as the prices aren't severely jacked up over what I can order off the internet + the shipping.
    I don't mind supporting mom and pops as long as I am not their sole means of support, i.e. I'm not going to pay $20 for a box of 9mm's that sell for $12 at Chinamart.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom