Wal Mart 100 Rounds Federal Brass .45 $25.97/box

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I did not read all the reply's, so your question may have been answered.
    IM gonna go a little off topic to cover my theory. I could be wrong. The basic answer is
    Somebody has got to get Paid !

My Best guess is,
    Most gift cards use Visa/Mastercard for the processing.
    Fees are charged for initial processing of the gift card, [to open the account]
    Then fees are charged to the store that accepts it to process the sale.

Example, When you come to my shop, and I swipe your credit card, The processor fees usually total to
    3% of the entire total [ gross total]
    So if you spend $1,000 [ $30 fee from the get go ]
    Soon as I swipe it, The Processor takes their money, then Visa takes their money, THEN I get my money.

So those Cash back cards & Airline miles cards are NOT free miles or free CAsh back.

I [ the vendor ] pays the first initial fee [ usually 3% ], then you get charged interest if you carry a balance, etc.
    They get their money coming and going.

For the Gift card, there is a good chance Ebay gets that money as a "Fee".
    The company issuing the gift card will make their money when its redeemed.

Like a mini "PayDay" loan.

Vince

That makes a lot of sense.

The other thing I was looking at, was that you could use those gift cards to cash out ebay gift cards. If you were to go to winndixie and buy a 500 dollar gift card to ebay, it would give you a lot off your gas. You fill up your 35 gallon tank with 2 dollars off per gallon, then cash out the ebay gift card on a walmart gift card. Not like most people won't spend 500 dollars at walmart over the course of a few weeks.

On another note, do you guys still think this is a pretty good deal at ~31 cents a round after tax?

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I think the problem is when mom and pop think that the same product they sell is 75-100% higher for a box of ammo there is an issue. I am not going to give the place that is trying to take advantage of unknowing customers my hard earned money.
    I agree entirely. I try to shop mom and pop when I can, but I have no interest in paying and extra 10 dollars a box on ammo. Some of the same mom and pop stores, which are asking us to take our business there, are the ones raising the prices on batteries, water, etc. when hurricanes are in the gulf.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Like Battieres & Water Price Increases?

Just picked up 5 more boxes from Walmart in Matthews. 28.97. Lady said they had a price increase on all ammo on the 29th. And should be getting more in in the next day or so.

Hummm found this posted earlier...lol kinda like mom & pop with the raising prices when hurricanes are in the gulf eh?

Must be a bad day on the Chinese Stock exchange...

So much for "Rolling Back Prices"

Good luch to you:}

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Just picked up 5 more boxes from Walmart in Matthews. 28.97. Lady said they had a price increase on all ammo on the 29th. And should be getting more in in the next day or so.

Hummm found this posted earlier...lol kinda like mom & pop with the raising prices when hurricanes are in the gulf eh?

Still better than the $49.99 for 100 that I saw at the range a couple weeks ago. That's a $22 difference

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

Actually, I think the 25.97 price, was a mistake on someone's part there. Maybe a computer error, IDK. I don't think them changing to 28.97 was so much of a price hike as it was a price correction.

Again Sir thank you for shopping mom & Pop when you feel it justified:}
    No sir, thank you for trying to push your practices on everyone else.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Going a little OT again, but staying on the subject of mom and pop places taking advantage of people Called around today to lool for a Ruger 10/22 25 round mag. Called Donavans and they said yeah we have them. I asked how much and he said $47. I just laughed and hung up. They go for $25-30 on average at most big box and local dealers. You wonder why that place gets the bad rep that they do.

bigoo7e

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Haughton, La. 71037
    To all of the BSers in Northwest, La. as of 08:30 this morning the Shreve City Wal-Mart in Shreveport has six boxes of this ammo and the Bossier City location has five boxes. The prices at both stores has went up to $28.97. I bought another 500rds at Shreve City but they still have six boxes left, so get them before they are gone! ;-p

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    Actually, I think the 25.97 price, was a mistake on someone's part there. Maybe a computer error, IDK. I don't think them changing to 28.97 was so much of a price hike as it was a price correction.

No sir, thank you for trying to push your practices on everyone else.

I am not sure about that. Prior to this craze I was buying WWB white box 100rds for $31.97 from all my local Walmarts, then suddenly a few months ago it goes to $36.97 and then $39.97 (I think). I saw price differences at all the local BR Walmarts.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I am not sure about that. Prior to this craze I was buying WWB white box 100rds for $31.97 from all my local Walmarts, then suddenly a few months ago it goes to $36.97 and then $39.97 (I think). I saw price differences at all the local BR Walmarts.
    You may be right, but I just don't see Walmart under cutting companies that specialize in ammo by over 20%. They are all about maximizing profits and selling for a good bit lower than you need to just doesn't seem like them.

bsramzy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2011
    prairieville
    Found five boxes in prairieville walmart. If you can find someone working the department they can scan the tag and tell you when more are coming in

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom