"WARNING" Do not bring yours firearms to On Target llc in Kenner

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    And as far as the newbie thing i am not a newbie been a member for 4 years had to re do account because of issues. As far as on target goes the pics speak for themselves case closed.

NINmm2k

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2014
    River Ridge Louisiana
    3 newbies and an ex employee bashing a local business that has been operating for 5 years without a single complaint that I know of, without another side to the account of what has transpired.
    Is that what these forums are for?

John has every opportunity to come out. Can't find him. Nor should I have to break my kneck looking for him. I'm a customer. This is not to bash but to make people AWARE. If you think I'm a newbi and that's why the coating is peeling, or that's why he doesn't return calls (really). Then go right ahead and send your stuff there. John and I will have our day in court.

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    3 newbies and an ex employee bashing a local business that has been operating for 5 years without a single complaint that I know of, without another side to the account of what has transpired.

ITT chad and Dave are newbies

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge

I've never worked there and I've been a member here longer than you have. I know several people who have taken his CHP class and I've seen 2 or 3 guns that were coated there over the last few years.

NINmm2k

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2014
    River Ridge Louisiana
    I've never worked there and I've been a member here longer than you have. I know several people who have taken his CHP class and I've seen 2 or 3 guns that were coated there over the last few years.

This is not about chp classes.. Any dumy can give one of those classes. Well, this is the 4th gun you have seen by him. What you think about his beautiful coating work?

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La

Awesome! I respect your opinion. Hell, I respect the opinion of the OP. It just becomes weird when 2 other people join at the same time, along with a disgruntled ex employee, to pile on with ridiculous bull **** that a simple google search can disprove.

Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    Who gives a **** if I was a newbie or my friend. This is about a **** poor job of coating a stock "LOOK AT THE DAMN PICS" they don't lie. This is about a man running a business where the job was done lying his ass off, then when the job is finally done after 9 weeks the coating starts to come off in one day. John just fell off the face of the world with no response to emails or phone calls to correct this situation. If anybody that responds to this forum thinks this is the way a business should be run and treats shooters or anybody that does business with John then sir you are an IDIOT.

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Who gives a **** if I was a newbie or my friend. This is about a **** poor job of coating a stock "LOOK AT THE DAMN PICS" they don't lie. This is about a man running a business where the job was done lying his ass off, then when the job is finally done after 9 weeks the coating starts to come off in one day. John just fell off the face of the world with no response to emails or phone calls to correct this situation. If anybody that responds to this forum thinks this is the way a business should be run and treats shooters or anybody that does business with John then sir you are an IDIOT.

whoa_calm_down-277439.jpg

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I didn't start this forum to bash on target it was started to let people know how this business is being run. To do this kind of work and charge for it then do not have the decency to answer for his work that's why it was started to warn people about how me and my friend has seen how it was handled. And yes he does do chp classes and have heard good things about classes and gave him a shot at doing coating. Unfortunately his work is not as good as his classes. This thread would have never been started if John would have responded to the numerous phone calls and emails of this terrible job he's done.

yup that looks like crap. I think my back yard spray paint job came out better.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    He certainly has ruined some perfectly good guns. All pulled from his website. Its as if you handed a can of spray paint to a 5 year old:

Last edited:

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    just think- thats the work he's PROUD OF.

What do the horror stories look like? geez.

Was about to add that. Some of the ugliest "custom" paint jobs I have ever seen on guns. And these are his showcase material. The AR with puke green furniture is one of the worst atrocities I have seen done to a gun.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Aside from looking like most of these were painted hanging from a hook in someone's garage with spray paint, The designs and colors are relative to the customer. I have seen some pretty "WTF?" paint-jobs on some weapons... these being some of them!! It's the same as a vehicle with a ridiculous paint-job, 50" rims, stereo speakers OUTSIDE the vehicle, matching colored tint, etc.

What a way to ruin a firearm. A firearm is a tool... and I don't see many crescent wrenches painted in lime green tiger stripes. Why the one above has a TLR-1 on it is beyond me... why not just have it covered in glow-in-the-dark paint? No light necessary! Everyone who had these firearms coated for them should also receive a bonus! A sign for their forehead that says "Here I am!!" because these weapons would be a BEACON down range.

Top Bottom