Watching people buy guns and ammo

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Isaac-1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    DeRidder LA
    I was in a large sporting goods store today picking up some cheap practice ammo (it's name sounds like it should be a school, which is also something a number of its employees sound like they need). While there looking through the disorganized shelf of amunition I made a comment to man next to me about the disorganized shelving, and he admited that he did not know much about guns, but was buying one there for his girl friend and was picking up some ammo while waiting on the paperwork. He then asked me if .38 and .380 were the same thing, I asked what sort of gun he was buying and he said a Bersa .380, I quickly explained .38 usually refers to .38 special which goes in revolvers, and .380 is .380 auto... I tell him he probably needs to get at least a box of cheap practice ammo, and a box of high quality defensive ammo as .380 is marginal as defensive load at best, at which point he was called away on the paperwork and I had no more chance to talk to him. A minute or two later as I was finishing up my ammo shopping there was a woman looking lost and confused who caught one of the store employees to help her buy ammo. (I stayed out of this one as my wife had already asked me if I was about done shopping for the 3rd time) But did over hear the conversation as I tried to ease my way past other people blocking the aisle, the woman says something like she needs some .45 bullets for her boyfriends Glock, the store employees asks if it is a relolver or an automatic, and the last thing I heard walking away was her asking if all the .45ACP will work in a Glock brand gun......

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Not a problem unless she needed 45 GAP.

I heard a customer argue with a salesman because he needed "bullets for his Glock 40" and the salesman gave him a box of ammo " for a Smith&Wesson"

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Not a problem unless she needed 45 GAP.

I heard a customer argue with a salesman because he needed "bullets for his Glock 40" and the salesman gave him a box of ammo " for a Smith&Wesson"
    All these funny stories make me wonder if the left wing liberals are out secretly buying guns and ammo now.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    A friend went to Cabela's in Gonzales yest to scarf up some rifle ammo. Got there early but there was plenty of action.

I wonder how many loaded handguns are sitting in drawers as a result of the buying spree when BR had the two serial killers?

I know several women who purchased handguns and went thru training if not getting a CHP, but that was a long time ago.
    :ohreally:

LabRat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I was in Cabela's last night about 6pm and there had to be more than a dozen people crammed in waiting for there approvals or on the computers, and another dozen at the counter or waiting for help at the gun bar.

Aussiecajun

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Maurice LA
    It was the same at Academy in Lafayette yesterday too. Wife and i went in to get some 9mm ammo, and the gun counter and ammo aisle were jam packed. Most 9mm ammo was gone. Overheard a woman saying she needed .222 ammo for her ar, and if .22 wmr was the same. Luckily her partner knew what she needed.

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    I was at walmart yesterday n the woman in front of me had a paper with 3 calibers on it. (9,223,308) she tells the cashier, I need everything u have in these calibers. I had to talk her into letting me buy a box of 308.

Last edited:

Ghost-1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Leesville
    I was shopping around yesterday myself for a couple of Glock GEN 4 Glock's and man I was seeing some really funny stuff at the gun counter. Folks not knowing what they were looking at and asking some really funny quiestions, trying to figure out what they should get. I even had some ask me what I thought they might like or need. I stayed out of that one and told them I was not really sure. I finaly gave up and me and they wife just left as I was getting frustrated trying to look and could not really see what I wanted or get the help I was asking for.

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    Did this happen to be last night at academy in LC? Maybe around 7 or 8?

I was in a large sporting goods store today picking up some cheap practice ammo (it's name sounds like it should be a school, which is also something a number of its employees sound like they need). While there looking through the disorganized shelf of amunition I made a comment to man next to me about the disorganized shelving, and he admited that he did not know much about guns, but was buying one there for his girl friend and was picking up some ammo while waiting on the paperwork. He then asked me if .38 and .380 were the same thing, I asked what sort of gun he was buying and he said a Bersa .380, I quickly explained .38 usually refers to .38 special which goes in revolvers, and .380 is .380 auto... I tell him he probably needs to get at least a box of cheap practice ammo, and a box of high quality defensive ammo as .380 is marginal as defensive load at best, at which point he was called away on the paperwork and I had no more chance to talk to him. A minute or two later as I was finishing up my ammo shopping there was a woman looking lost and confused who caught one of the store employees to help her buy ammo. (I stayed out of this one as my wife had already asked me if I was about done shopping for the 3rd time) But did over hear the conversation as I tried to ease my way past other people blocking the aisle, the woman says something like she needs some .45 bullets for her boyfriends Glock, the store employees asks if it is a relolver or an automatic, and the last thing I heard walking away was her asking if all the .45ACP will work in a Glock brand gun......

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I was at walmart yesterday n the woman in front of me had a paper with 3 calibers on it. (9,223,308) she tells the cashier, I need everything u have in these calibers. I had to talk her into letting me buy a box of 308.

Was the lady tall with brown hair and middle aged?

Ghost-1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Leesville

Sounds like some that ownes or wokrs at a LGS and is out buying up everything they can so they take it back to thier store and mark it up and re sale it at double the price. This is the same thing that happened a the first time Obama was elected when I was stationed out at FT. Bliss. We knew who and what gun stores were doing it and then they wondered why they started losing a lot of thier customers as they tried screwing them over.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    No one ever wants to help me when I go to the counter at academy. Its incredibly annoying and they've made me feel like I don't deserve to buy what I need. I always get judged when buying ammo. It's getting old really quickly. I need to just start ordering it online.

Top Bottom