Watching people buy guns and ammo

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I see no reason to join the latest sheeple stampede..Ballast for my boat.
    ccc...

Attachments

• ballast 002 (800x600).jpg
      ballast 002 (800x600).jpg
      69.7 KB · Views: 84

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    Yes it did, were you there, or were you the guy that ended up getting .45LC or such for your Glock?

My buddy, who doesn't know much about guns, called me heading that way looking for a .380 for his wife. I didn't have much time to talk to him, but it sounds like he may have ran into you.

erazir

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La.
    I've been trying to get a good deal on 9mm online for the last couple of weeks with no luck. I was in Walmart today and bought the 4 boxes of Tula they had. Another person came up as I was browsing and got the only box of federal. The shelves have been looking pretty bare lately.

LabRat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I've been trying to get a good deal on 9mm online for the last couple of weeks with no luck. I was in Walmart today and bought the 4 boxes of Tula they had. Another person came up as I was browsing and got the only box of federal. The shelves have been looking pretty bare lately.

Walmart in Prairieville had 11 boxes of the Federal 100 pk today. They were hiding amoungst the shotgun shells though

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    I'm having fun watching people sell guns. Some of these ads in the marketplace are really cracking me up with the price gouging. There were cheaper prices at the gun show for the same items :rofl:

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville

Sportsmansguide always has some good deals. PSA also.

Isaac-1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    DeRidder LA
    My buddy, who doesn't know much about guns, called me heading that way looking for a .380 for his wife. I didn't have much time to talk to him, but it sounds like he may have ran into you.

Could be, but I think the guy I talked to said it was for either his fiance or girlfriend not wife

Isaac-1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    DeRidder LA

If your looking for practice ammo SGammo had some deals online as of earlier today

Ryan316

My way or the highway
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Kenner, LA
    I was in Covington yesterday visiting some relatives & on the way home I stopped at the Academy there to get some cheap .223. The aisle of rifle & shotgun ammo had someone on it every 2-3 feet & then 2-3 people behind them waiting their turn. I've never seen anything like that before. The shelves were really bare of the common stuff but had a good bit of 243 I remember seeing & 7.62x54R (185g) if anyone's intersted.

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    I applied at academy since they get 20% so i hear on everything... even the guns and Ammo. I would really like to work night or weekends at the gun counter.

You won't enjoy it as much as you think you will. I work at the Lafayette Academy. Yes, you'll get 20% off most things, including guns and ammo, but the people that shop for guns at Academy are mostly annoying, clueless, and just plain dumb. I can kinda understand now the bad attitudes of some gun store employees I have met. Ya never realize just how clueless most people are until you work retail.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    You won't enjoy it as much as you think you will. I work at the Lafayette Academy. Yes, you'll get 20% off most things, including guns and ammo, but the people that shop for guns at Academy are mostly annoying, clueless, and just plain dumb. I can kinda understand now the bad attitudes of some gun store employees I have met. Ya never realize just how clueless most people are until you work retail.

Funny, I have yet to meet someone who works at Academy not annoying, clueless, or just plain dumb :rofl: I've never been to the one in Lafayette though.

When I was at the one in Slidell on Saturday there was a P938 sitting on a P238 pricetag in the gun case. Told the guy working behind the counter and he said it was a P238. He pulled it out and showed it to me and said the 9mm on the barrel didn't mean 9mm ammo it meant the width of the barrel.

I was tempted to try and buy it for $499 but I was with a friend and didn't have the time. Told the other guy working behind the counter about it to try and save them from losing $200. He just shrugged and went to another customer. I might go back after work today if I have the time.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    You missed a decent deal at Cabela's last week. They had a doorbuster on herter's .223 (pretty sure same as tula) for $4.49 per 20. They also had a doorbuster on brass .223 for $6.29 per 20 (can't remember the brand but it was either federal or american eagle). Keep an eye out on their weekly ads, they repeated a doorbuster on Herter's 7.62x39 this weekend. Maybe they'll repeat one on the .223 soon.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    At christmas, I buy a large 500 type box of .22lr for my father in law to keep at his house. Everyone in the family shoots it up, clearing his tank of turtles and such throughout the year. Yesterday, at acadamy on airline, the only .22lr was that ratshot stuff. Might have to hold off on the big box of .22 (or bring him mine.....NAH!!!!!!!!)

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    You missed a decent deal at Cabela's last week. They had a doorbuster on herter's .223 (pretty sure same as tula) for $4.49 per 20. They also had a doorbuster on brass .223 for $6.29 per 20 (can't remember the brand but it was either federal or american eagle). Keep an eye out on their weekly ads, they repeated a doorbuster on Herter's 7.62x39 this weekend. Maybe they'll repeat one on the .223 soon.

It was PMC bronze for $6.29
    I bought a couple hundred rounds

francis8709

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I have too worked for Academy behind the gun bar and still hang around/work with my cousin at Northshore Arms in Robert. As much as I tried and continue to try to become familiar with any and all firearms, especially pistols and military arms, there are still questions from folks that amaze me. There is no defense for answering questions that one knows nothing about. Academy employees do not make commission so I don't know why they try to sell so hard by answering stuff they don't know. The simple of it is that these newbies that want to own a gun should really do their research (I assume most know of google.com). The 5 minutes that it takes could change many problems the firearms community faces with accidents and such.

Top Bottom