Well, I did it. I cut myself...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    ....in half.

Stats (30 years old, 5'9" tall):

Before: 340.8 bw, 4X shirts, 48-50" pants.

Now: 170.2 bw, M or L shirts depending on the brand, 32" pants.

I posted a month or so ago in OT but I figured this was my final goal (before maintenance/strength stuff) so I wanted to post it in F&N for you guys to enjoy. I hit a plateau some time around june and started tracking my calories with myfitnesspal (hadn't done that for the first year) and was able to kick start things again. For the last month few weeks I've been down to 1200 calories per day and, a month or two prior to that was around 1400. Yesterday, 16 months and 9 days after I started on the Paleo diet (and Crossfit two weeks later), I have lost over 50% of my bodyweight. I went from barely being able to walk a half mile without losing my breath to high 7/low 8 minute miles, multiple unassisted dead hang pullups, 37.5" box jump, 435 pound dead lifts, 325 pound squats, 200 pound cleans and I am in the best shape of my life.

I was overweight my entire life (for as long as I can remember) and, several years ago whenever my (soon to be ex) wife and I were living with her parents and I had a bit more income I, with the help of a personal trainer, lost ~118 pounds. I stopped there and, for various reasons including loss of motivation, personal issues and my mom developing pancreatic cancer which resulted in 6-8 months of fast food and restaurant food while were in and out of hospitals, I gained 119 pounds. I went from 339.X to 222.x to my highest of 340.8.

A few months before June of last year I'd been talking to a friend in the USPSA community about the paleo diet and crossfit. I did a good bit of research and found a crossfit gym near my home so I gave myself a goal. If I was able to eat clean for two weeks I'd go and join. Well, I did.

It's been a long, rocky journey that has changed my life more than I ever thought possible. I finally have confidence, courage, drive, determination, etc.

As far as the "how," I think most of it was already answered but I was on about 85-90% paleo for most of it (still using the occasional protein shake, protein bars, etc). I go to Crossfit 4-5 days per week and follow my box's programming.

Anyway, I think I've typed enough. Here are some before pictures and some fairly recent ones.

ktaxhrx7t07tyzqric4w.jpg

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Damn Dog, I'm so happy for you man! I mean it's hard to say just, 'Congratulations' you know?

What a monumental goal you have accomplished! Considering the extreme low percentage of people who have actually done what you have. You and Clay are definitely inspiring folks!

Out-freaking-standing!

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Congrats! Every time I set out to loose weight I someone always ending up gaining so I just gave up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Top Bottom