What are you currently driving? Show picture's!!! Let's have fun with this!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    It doesn't see any trail so far but thy are rather stout. Would they survive a tree bash like tubes? No. Can te kids and on them? Yup. They are maybe 1/16" sheet metal with a 1/8" round lip around the edge.
    Oh, and they are cheap and look good.
    Between them and the tires sticking out, there is no keeping it clean though. They aren't much less narrow than the factory plastics though, less than an inch.
    I asked the wife if she wanted me to put something else on it. No
    I asked her again before I sold the factory plastics. Still no.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Best color ever on a jk!

She actually wanted blue but it was discontinued and there wer no more 12s on lots anywhere, even checked on shipping one in. I liked the green and it wa her second choice. Ordered it the day they started taking orders for gecko, first one in the state.

saggitarius449

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Olla, LA
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376313847.773313.jpg

2013 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    7.5" Rough Country Lift
    20x9 XD Badlands
    295/55R20 Nitto Trail Grapplers
    60" Recon Brake Light Bar

Last edited:

saggitarius449

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Olla, LA
    I told them I didn't want it to rub and they said I should go with 33" instead of 35". 35" wouldn't have been a problem so they kind of screwed me on that. But it doesn't look bad. I'll go with 35" when I wear them out.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Where would they have rubbed? Control arms? Fender liner? Those wheels don't look like there is too much back spacing. You can always throw a couple inches of wheel spacers on there and have no issues.

saggitarius449

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Olla, LA
    I got 1/2" wheel spacers on the back. And the front only lacks about an inch from rubbing on the front valance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

saggitarius449

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Olla, LA
    It was just some bad advice. Even the Rough Country website says they recommend 35's. wish I would have seen that first. But owe well, live and learn. Next time I will go with 22" rims with 35's or 37's.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    GM trucks have to be lifted to the sky and "float" over their tires. Yet another way GM likes to screw over it's customers who want anything other than factory. The sad part is that their steering components, transfer cases, and diff housings can't handle stock street use without failing, even when never put into 4wd, but you better believe GM will void your warranty if you do any mod so they can get out of paying for their weak components. They were one of the reasons the Magnusson Moss Act was passed, to protect consumers from them.

Last edited:

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    GM trucks have to be lifted to the sky and "float" over their tires. Yet another way GM likes to screw over it's customers who want anything other than factory. The sad part is that their steering components, transfer cases, and diff housings can't handle stock street use without failing, even when never put into 4wd, but you better believe GM will void your warranty if you do any mod so they can get out of paying for their weak components. They were one of the reasons the Magnusson Moss Act was passed, to protect consumers from them.

I left GM because I hated every service writer I ever met.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Gotta disagree here. Name a non gm rear axle that is more durable than the 14ff and d70 gm uses in 3/4 up trucks?
    Name any truck manufacturer with better transmission than gm.
    Name an engine that is better than any gm truck engine in the long run.
    You can't.
    10 bolt rear ends were never meant to support huge tires or tow with.
    Gm ifs was designed for comfort and is plenty strong in stock configuration.

The majority of problems come when people modify (lift) or tow beyond their capabilities and half ass it just to get by. Think lift blocks, cv spacers, etc

And no, I don't even have a gm truck anymore but there is a reason they are the most common donor vehicles for any project. Simple, durable, cheap and easy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jerry1090
    Top Bottom