What do you see when looking at your neighbors?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Thank's !!!..I look around my neighborhood and i see ONE that i could trust...Several more...Maybe ?...Some are sheeple with no real skill's...and a couple that may need a lil' lead thrown their way when they turn into Zombie's...

You really got me thinking, A few years ago we had some great neighbors that I feel we could trust, weapons handling may not be the best but they were good people. Now days I think there is only a few I would trust to be (more) armed.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I get the idea that if your on this site...You may have a few weapon's for Zombie asshat's and perhap's by nature and location a food supply to last a week or two perhap's.? A little back-up from the neighbor's is a good thing !!!

It's way more than that! We worry about savages raping the land and pillaging the villages, but we forget that the common people will lose their souls just as easily in potential peril. Like minded individuals with the wherewithal to survive by any means, including killing someone they may know to survive, will be hindered by all of those that don't have a clue.

The victims will flee in panic, and they will impede the roads, the bridges, the exits. They will be lost with no hope. And in desperation will expose the survivors to weakness. And not a weakness of my making, but a weakness that the sheer numbers encourage by being in the way.

They are in the way now! Voting for more laws to restrict personal liberty. Turning their noses up at your right to carry your guns in plain view. Castigating their children when they role play survival sports. When they shoot each other in cowboys and indians.

It is the slow kill of heartfelt freedom. Right now, you feel it in your heart to own your guns, and you know that you feel it is your god-given right! But, a few more years/decades of this degeneration of those core values from those around you that outnumber you and your ilk, will start to erode that desire, that emotion, that existence!

Stay thirsty my friends.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    All in All..Very True word's..My Friend...
    It's way more than that! We worry about savages raping the land and pillaging the villages, but we forget that the common people will lose their souls just as easily in potential peril. Like minded individuals with the wherewithal to survive by any means, including killing someone they may know to survive, will be hindered by all of those that don't have a clue.

The victims will flee in panic, and they will impede the roads, the bridges, the exits. They will be lost with no hope. And in desperation will expose the survivors to weakness. And not a weakness of my making, but a weakness that the sheer numbers encourage by being in the way.

They are in the way now! Voting for more laws to restrict personal liberty. Turning their noses up at your right to carry your guns in plain view. Castigating their children when they role play survival sports. When they shoot each other in cowboys and indians.

It is the slow kill of heartfelt freedom. Right now, you feel it in your heart to own your guns, and you know that you feel it is your god-given right! But, a few more years/decades of this degeneration of those core values from those around you that outnumber you and your ilk, will start to erode that desire, that emotion, that existence!

Stay thirsty my friends.

Cookoff

Retired State and Mil. AF
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    I wish all of you and me could live together, you all are my kind of people..
    Thank's !!!..I look around my neighborhood and i see ONE that i could trust...Several more...Maybe ?...Some are sheeple with no real skill's...and a couple that may need a lil' lead thrown their way when they turn into Zombie's...

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I figure it's better to pluck off the weak minded quickly so they don't waste the resources right away. This is BR, anytime anything happens all the morons around here like to drive, I don't get it. If I let these morons get in their cars to go "look around" then they'll be wasting precious fuel that I'll need to syphon from their tanks when my stockpile runs out.

They're a lot harder targets when they get to running around and then they start trying to get crafty. I don't want to have to stay up all hours of the night to finish off the few that think I'm asleep. If I take them out fast, then I can take a nap. If the S H's The F bad enough, sleep will be the rarest commodity around.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Dead weight-- even now. They don't need a SHTF situation to be completely useless t*&$s.

Not to mention they're either completely oblivious to the world around them, or inconsiderate scum.

Excluding the dude who lives just below me, now that I think about it. He's cool, intelligent, friendly, thoughtful... He and I can roll together. :D

Oh, and the live-in au pair across the street is WAY too hot to leave to the wolves... :pimp:

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    Someone 's been reading Adrian's Undeda Diary.

But seriously, majority of people would just be useless or worse, a real impediment to a SHTF situation. I thank my parents who drilled it into me even as a young boy, to always have a go to hell plan and keep your essential supplies stocked up and close by.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Ha! I can see if we all lived together! We'd all stockpile ammo for trade later. When it came time to actually trade, we'd all be staring at our boot tops when they tried to figure out who shot up all the ammo!

The two neighbors across the street would be good in a crisis. One LEO near me but I doubt he'd be around. He'd probably be stuck working. The ones next to me wouldn't be much good unless it was their kid that showed up to cause problems.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Great Advice Tx...A go to hell plan with a back-up will save one's bacon...

Someone 's been reading Adrian's Undeda Diary.

But seriously, majority of people would just be useless or worse, a real impediment to a SHTF situation. I thank my parents who drilled it into me even as a young boy, to always have a go to hell plan and keep your essential supplies stocked up and close by.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The neighbors across the street would be good in a crisis. One LEO near me but I doubt he'd be around. He'd probably be stuck working.

You'd better hope that he realizes his home and those he can trust are far more important than work! Lessons from Katrina, my friend!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Including hot au-pairs... :rockon:

Take a cold shower there buckaroo! If you think that hot au-pair (which the thought is pretty hot by the way), wouldn't have you shooting less than you do now, in the apocalypse; you may be considered weak by the survivors before SHTF!

Didn't you fall for that ruse before? :mamoru:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Attachments

• icon_worthless.gif
      icon_worthless.gif
      29.8 KB · Views: 39
    Top Bottom