what is the protocol at blinking yellow lights?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Just for the record, the state workers did not let me down!

No reply!

God Damned worthless piles of ****! One day I might meet someone who works for a state agency that is not a lazy sack of ****?!? But, like getting the reply to a simple question concerning driving safely in Louisiana; I don't hold out much hope!

I will go it alone on this one and accept the evidence (provided by other states), that Dave_M's protocol at median turns is correct. However, I would ask you all to check out this intersection here and see if the same thing applies when you are trying to turn left from Airline Highway? You go inside here, while someone trying to get on Airline is coming across and someone is going to die!
    http://mapq.st/2dypPbv
    2dypPbv

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Link doesn't work, but who the hell still uses Mapquest?!?!? :rofl:

I use any one of them BUT Google unless I absolutely have to or am forced to! Google are data collecting parasites!

By the way, that intersection is Industriplex at Airline Hwy in Baton Rouge if anyone cares to try to post it. I am apparently retarded when it comes to pasting any crap other than pictures on here.

It is one of the few examples I can think of that belies the outside maneuver! I see people nearly being killed there a lot. If you try to zip across on the inside and you get cock-blocked you may be sorry!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I use any one of them BUT Google unless I absolutely have to or am forced to! Google are data collecting parasites!

By the way, that intersection is Industriplex at Airline Hwy in Baton Rouge if anyone cares to try to post it. I am apparently retarded when it comes to pasting any crap other than pictures on here.

It is one of the few examples I can think of that belies the outside maneuver! I see people nearly being killed there a lot. If you try to zip across on the inside and you get cock-blocked you may be sorry!

Everyone collects data. If you're on the internet, data is being collected. Such is life. Try using a VPN if you're that worried :P

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Everyone collects data. If you're on the internet, data is being collected. Such is life. Try using a VPN if you're that worried :P

I would refer you to the only browser that I will ever use: www.duckduckgo.com

No data collection! No tracking! I don't mind if I visit your website and you are gathering info on me, that is on me. But I'll be damned if I will willingly allow my browser to track where I am going and sell that info to another parasite!

Try it! You know I don't endorse lightly! ;)

Ronin_Jedi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    US

Results aren't as good as, say, Google or Bing, but I use DuckDuckGo pretty much all the time.

That said, DuckDuckGo is a search engine, accessible directly from their website. It is not a browser nor do they offer one to the best of my knowledge. (This may have changed in recent years.)

Main browsers out there include iE, Chrome, Firefox, and Opera. I tend to use Chrome and Firefox.

(I no longer will use/consider Opera now that a Chinese company of questionable pedigree owns it and the Chinese government now has direct access to it data.)

I tend to follow Bruce Schneier and Brian Krebs on tech security.

Best

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Results aren't as good as, say, Google or Bing, but I use DuckDuckGo pretty much all the time.

That said, DuckDuckGo is a search engine, accessible directly from their website. It is not a browser nor do they offer one to the best of my knowledge. (This may have changed in recent years.)

Main browsers out there include iE, Chrome, Firefox, and Opera. I tend to use Chrome and Firefox.

(I no longer will use/consider Opera now that a Chinese company of questionable pedigree owns it and the Chinese government now has direct access to it data.)

I tend to follow Bruce Schneier and Brian Krebs on tech security.

Best

You are correct sir! I misstated. It is in fact a search engine! Thanks for the correction! Quack! Quack! :hi5:

iu

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

No data collection! No tracking! I don't mind if I visit your website and you are gathering info on me, that is on me. But I'll be damned if I will willingly allow my browser to track where I am going and sell that info to another parasite!

Try it! You know I don't endorse lightly! ;)

I use Chrome with a few add-on's that help prevent tracking. Work's like a charm!

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Why would that be bad? I haven't looked, but I'm gonna guess you've done it a few times...

Oh it dawned on me on the ride home. So.... when you asked why my account had a correlation with other accounts because a report that you really never look at showed a connection... what exactly did that mean if you never checked my IP? Surely no one ever in the history of BS could have such poor spelling and typing skills and yet still turn a phrase like me.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    To answer the original question... I handle a flashing yellow light as I would a regular traffic light that has changed from green to yellow. That is, to mash the accelerator to to the floorboard and fly through the intersection.

Have I been wrong all these years?

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    To answer the original question... I handle a flashing yellow light as I would a regular traffic light that has changed from green to yellow. That is, to mash the accelerator to to the floorboard and fly through the intersection.

Have I been wrong all these years?

This guy gets it

Top Bottom