What is your favorite beer?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Since last posting in this thread I attended Octoberfest in NOLA, and tried Spaten Optimator (dopplebock). I now have a new favorite, and can get it locally at Habanos.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    OK so I'm drinking a Covington Brewhouse Strawberry Ale and.... I think it misses the mark.

It really has little to no flavor, well I get a hint of strawberry but I'm let down. I was hoping for a bolder strawberry ale.

$5 per six pack It wouldn't be a bad summer beer, the $10 for the six pack I payed ain't gonna happen again.

Also damn this stuff is getting me fuzzy fast!

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Hadn't had anything except Budweiser and bud light, but since I started working for Budweiser and being around beer all day, I didn't realize how many different beers there actually was. Seems like I have lots of sampling to do!

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Hadn't had anything except Budweiser and bud light, but since I started working for Budweiser and being around beer all day, I didn't realize how many different beers there actually was. Seems like I have lots of sampling to do!

WHAT!?! Do yourself a favor and go pick up anything in a six pack of bottles not made by BMC.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    New Orleans, Lafayette, and SC
    Tried a few beers at the bar Friday night from a local south Carolina brewery called RJ Rockers, pretty good stuff. One was an IPA and the other I dont remember. The IPA was very good, and I am not usually a fan of IPA's. Also had a sweetwater 420 and that was pretty good too. All were From draft.

Last night on my way home from work, I picked up a sixer of magic hat no. 9 to give it a try and it's not bad either. Definitely not one of my favorites, but a good beer. I have 4 left though, but I doubt I will change my mind.

Last edited:

m4a34u

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2009
    Erath
    Stella Artois
    Abita Amber
    Red Stripe (My Jamaican-me-crazy beer!!!!!)
    Abita Andygator

AND>>>>>>>>Yours!!!!or Free!!!!!!!or COLD!!!!!!!

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    Young's Double Chocolate Stout, Russian River Imperial Stout, Fullers ESB and Porter and Yeuling Lager. I now have homebrew recipes for all of these and make it myself.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Gratuitous pic of the beet fridge. Notice the carton of milk?

100MEDIA36IMAG0061.jpg

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Andy Gator is good, I like SOS better. However, I don't think Abita makes a bad beer so "good" is relative here. :D

Tulse did you ever try any of that pirate cat stuff? You can wrinkle your nose and say "I didn't want to hurt your feelings but OH GOD! That sh*t is AWFUL!"..... Spec did.

Last edited:

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Son, Andy Gator is some good stuff. What do you like bud light?

I find the taste of alcohol in andygator to come through to harsh the last few times I've had it. I think they have changed the recipe over the years because I never noticed it awhile back. It gives off the taste of fermented sugar opposed to all grain which I think it may have been.

Top Bottom