What's the very last thing you used the knife in your pocket for?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Today was a fun knife day. I opened $1000 worth of quarters and $200 worth of nickels...and poured the rolled coins all into big bags. Terrible fun.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Opened a mystery box at work today we found in the stock room from long ago. Nothing exciting though...

Damn. I hate when that happens. There's nothing more exciting than a mystery box.......... Maybe finding a $20 bill in a hunting jacket on opening morning.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Last thing I used mine for was Amazon packaging. I also don't hesitate to use my knife for food. I clean it regularly, however.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Last thing I used mine for was Amazon packaging. I also don't hesitate to use my knife for food. I clean it regularly, however.

I do too. It gets washed before used for food prep (when needed) and after.

I use it for food at work where my pocket knife, even if it is dirty, is still cleaner than anything in the drawer. And sharper.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I do too. It gets washed before used for food prep (when needed) and after.

I use it for food at work where my pocket knife, even if it is dirty, is still cleaner than anything in the drawer. And sharper.

I do the same. I got home late and had to wrap the pipes in the dark. My new PM2 cut up the insulation with ease. Then I went to Jimmy Johns and cut my sammich in half with my SAK.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    I do the same. I got home late and had to wrap the pipes in the dark. My new PM2 cut up the insulation with ease. Then I went to Jimmy Johns and cut my sammich in half with my SAK.

You used the big knife to cut little insulation and the little knife to cut a big ole sammich?

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Skeptical what about it?

I don't worry what people around think. They gonna call the cops for me using a pocket knife? The cop will laugh them out when he gets there and finds out I have a legal gun too. Oh well lol

Course my clipped knife just scratched the leather on my steering wheel so I don't think I'll be carrying big folders much any longer. I'll be carrying my custom slippies instead. They won't scratch my car up. And it's got a 2.75" blade so it's still decent size.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    A coworker showed me an automatic converted Buck folder last night, who knows how long before it falls apart but for an old school pocket knife it was cool as hell!

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I food prep all the time with my knives. I wipe them clean.... never really wash them... especially not carbon as I let the patina develop. I oil the joints though.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Skeptical what about it?

I don't worry what people around think. They gonna call the cops for me using a pocket knife? The cop will laugh them out when he gets there and finds out I have a legal gun too. Oh well lol

Course my clipped knife just scratched the leather on my steering wheel so I don't think I'll be carrying big folders much any longer. I'll be carrying my custom slippies instead. They won't scratch my car up. And it's got a 2.75" blade so it's still decent size.

Skeptical about the DLC coating with food, I don't know if it's food safe or not. It's the only coated blade I own.

I've used my ZT0561 to slice a burger in half once, that got some funny looks! I wish I had a camera. Knives used to be commonplace, now they are viewed as some sort of alien weapon of mass destruction.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Skeptical about the DLC coating with food, I don't know if it's food safe or not. It's the only coated blade I own.

I've used my ZT0561 to slice a burger in half once, that got some funny looks! I wish I had a camera. Knives used to be commonplace, now they are viewed as some sort of alien weapon of mass destruction.

That dlc ain't going nowhere. If your food takes some off for you to ingest, you need to be more worried about that food!

Hah I know. I carried a pocket knife to school nearly my whole life. Try that now.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)

Your not the only one, here is a discussion about that on the spyderco forum.

http://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtopic.php?t=55533&p=781023

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Wingstop was out of knives the other night so my SOG-Tac Auto cut my boneless wings into more bite sized pieces. Any job worth doing is worth over doing.

Top Bottom