Who really shut the government down. Best explanation so far

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Just the fact that Congress continues to exempt themselves from legislation that is now adversely affecting the citizens they are there to represent;

This is a big slap in the face to the American voter. Passing laws and exempting themselves and "special interest groups" that contribute to their campaigns. Giving exemptions to certain big corporations and crushing small business/individuals with this mandate is hypocrisy. I am a member of a well known business organization. Mary Landrieu was to be a guest speaker one morning. Our of respect for our organization I didn't go. My questions and comments would have made Mrs. Louisiana Purchase very unhappy.

Last edited:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    So-called shutdowns are not uncommon.
    There were several during the Carter administration and a couple during Clinton's.
    There have been shutdowns when the Democrats were in the White House and controlled both houses, and when they didn't.
    There were shutdowns during the Ford, Reagan, and first Bush administrations also.
    They have cited different reasons for these shutdowns and what's funny is that some seem to contradict others.

Bottom line is this has nothing to do with the running of our government and everything to do with padding their own pockets in some fashion.
    Because if these shutdowns threatened one penny that our legislators could make then they would not happen.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    So-called shutdowns are not uncommon.
    There were several during the Carter administration and a couple during Clinton's.
    There have been shutdowns when the Democrats were in the White House and controlled both houses, and when they didn't.
    There were shutdowns during the Ford, Reagan, and first Bush administrations also.
    They have cited different reasons for these shutdowns and what's funny is that some seem to contradict others.

Bottom line is this has nothing to do with the running of our government and everything to do with padding their own pockets in some fashion.
    Because if these shutdowns threatened one penny that our legislators could make then they would not happen.

You are starting to sound like me! :crazy:

:D

Citadel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    I read Sowell and Coulter weekly. Both provide excellent insights although Coulter frequently goes for pure shock value. As far as a shutdown and the debt ceiling, if China wants us to raise the ceiling, is it a good thing for us? Are they seeking our best interest or theirs....or is it possible as they hold so much of our debt, our interests aligned?

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    So what's the logic behind paying the furloughed workers "back pay" for the 16 days they were furloughed?

If they DIDN'T work, WHY pay them?

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    My condolences!

Thank you.

But it brought me to understand that there is no difference in any of them.

They may go to D.C. with good intentions, but once they get there and get a taste of how things really work they all change.

You can have one of them screaming in your face and all you have to do is compliment them and tell them how awesomely smart the are and they will visibly preen right before you eyes.

As to why they are paying back pay.

It's because this shutdown was nothing more than a huge orchestrated publicity stunt.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    But it brought me to understand that there is no difference in any of them.

They may go to D.C. with good intentions, but once they get there and get a taste of how things really work they all change.

You can have one of them screaming in your face and all you have to do is compliment them and tell them how awesomely smart the are and they will visibly preen right before you eyes.

As to why they are paying back pay.

It's because this shutdown was nothing more than a huge orchestrated publicity stunt.

:hi5:

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    So what's the logic behind paying the furloughed workers "back pay" for the 16 days they were furloughed?

If they DIDN'T work, WHY pay them?

I guess they figured the same amount of work was accomplished so they would do the right thing.

:D

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Just the fact that there is no mounting outrage to yet another example of taxpayer fleecing is telling of what is coming in the future. :(

Top Bottom