Why All of the Gear in the World Won't Save You from Social Collapse

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 22doberman22

choot'em
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    Prairieville
    So really everybody has drawn there own conclusion for the SHTF senerio. We all or almost all decided that sticking together was the best plan. Maybe we should start thinking of a safe place to gather to, for all of us peeps who are prepared on BS it might be best if we group together. What would be a good safe place?

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    So really everybody has drawn there own conclusion for the SHTF senerio. We all or almost all decided that sticking together was the best plan. Maybe we should start thinking of a safe place to gather to, for all of us peeps who are prepared on BS it might be best if we group together. What would be a good safe place?

We can't get along on this forum. What makes you think we can live together in the worst of times?

Takuan

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    NOLA
    We can't get along on this forum. What makes you think we can live together in the worst of times?

I don't know... having, say, BRBrett and CEHollier go at each other might be a good substitute for TV when the power goes out. And who wouldn't want to see Leonidas throwing Takuan into a pit (as his cape billows out majestically)?

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    ^ LOL! Good points!

Someone suggested recently meeting at the nearest walmart or home depot and fortifying there should the zombies attack. I'm closest to the one on vets between david and williams. Password is 'racoons in the attic'. If anyone beats me there evict the looters and wait for me. :)

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Lol if you guys ever make it out to Killian, I will have about 100 acres I need help to plant. Bring 50 days of grub and silver for rent. If no food, bring more silver and i will feed those that i can. No food or silver? Bring a pretty daughter. Also bring books, How To's prefered.

And... Stick to the marked path. Trust me.

Last edited:

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    ^ LOL! Good points!

Someone suggested recently meeting at the nearest walmart or home depot and fortifying there should the zombies attack. I'm closest to the one on vets between david and williams. Password is 'racoons in the attic'. If anyone beats me there evict the looters and wait for me. :)

It was Lowe's, since my local one has a Super Target and a Best Buy next door. Pet smart too, in case we need to feed/bait animals.

I like the Lowe's option due to the fact that you already have a caged garden area with plenty of fertilizer, and a prebuilt sprinkler system. That takes a LOT of the work out of things. Amongst about a million other good reasons.

You guys can have WalMart, everything in there is subpar and will be broken within the first 2 weeks anyway. That'll give me plenty of time to fortify my Lowe's and pick you guys off as you try to approach! Then I'll go and scoop up your surplus

Last edited:

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    It was Lowe's, since my local one has a Super Target and a Best Buy next door. Pet smart too, in case we need to feed/bait animals.

I like the Lowe's option due to the fact that you already have a caged garden area with plenty of fertilizer, and a prebuilt sprinkler system. That takes a LOT of the work out of things.

Only if you plan on hydroponics. There's not nearly enough space there to feed more than 15(TOPS) ish people with traditional growing.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I don't know... having, say, BRBrett and CEHollier go at each other might be a good substitute for TV when the power goes out. And who wouldn't want to see Leonidas throwing Takuan into a pit (as his cape billows out majestically)?

No way, when the Dow dives, the Dao thrives, baby.

22doberman22

choot'em
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    Prairieville

If you don't think you can put your differences aside to survive in a crisis then I wouldn't want to be around your sorry A$$ anyway. Sorry but thats just me

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I'm not stockpiling, it's easier to pillage later than to store now.

And I'm sure the store shelves will be overflowing with valuable freebies because you are surely the only one counting on doing this, and you will surely be the first one there ;)

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    If you don't think you can put your differences aside to survive in a crisis then I wouldn't want to be around your sorry A$$ anyway. Sorry but thats just me

You act this way now, when things aren't so bad, and you are proving my point. Calling people names and making fast enemies won't do you well in a crises.

It's like training...you really think you'll rise to the occasion...or default to your MO - which is **** poor on this thread where the only pressure you are under is what you put on yourself?

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    ^ LOL! Good points!

Genius A homedepot and Walmart in the same shopping center......

$250 for 400 rolls of Charmin basic at Costco :D

I have mastered pinching off shits. No wiping necessary. I have anal sphincter control that would make a depends salesman question their reason for existence.....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mike933
    Top Bottom