Why is a $3K 1911 better than a $389 Glock 19?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CBlack

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Covington, La
    No ****, glocks actually hold pretty well. Custom 1911s nose dive after any use.

Complete BS. True customs hold their value through and through.

Semi-Customs hold value just as well as a Glock or similar. The only exception is if they are very worn after use. But the same can be said of a plastic gun.

NaughtyMooose

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2014
    United States
    I buy a blue label Glock and I can always sell it for more than I paid for it. After 30 or more 1911's I will say with the exception of about a half dozen shops in the US, any money you spend customizing your 1911 will not come back at the point of resale. Your very talented local smith that builds for IPSC, the FBI and old guys with lots of money will not bring the resale value. Try taking your gun and an itemized list and putting it on Gunbroker from the best unknown local talent and see what it brings. Just the facts...

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    My semi custom 1911's have a much higher smile factor. When I handle them, I smile, others handle them and smile. A Block, well, it is what it is.

Not really fair to compare one companies $400 gun to several companies $1K and up guns.

Sainte70

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    NOLA
    I asked this in another thread that seems to have met it's untimely demise. I'm curious to know if there is a reasonable explanation as to why.

I've never owned a 1911. I've shot a few, and it was just like shooting any other pistol. I also don't like a manual safety or a grip safety on a pistol.

Also, I'm not looking to hear about how awesome the 1911 is at gun golf games. Telling me how awesome a tuned gamer gun kills cardboard and steel with reloads doesn't help answer my question. I would prefer to hear for someone who carries one daily and trains regularly with one.

Thanks.

JR1572

I have yet to hear of any 1911 shoot 100k+ rounds without replacing parts...........

CBlack

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Covington, La
    My semi custom 1911's have a much higher smile factor. When I handle them, I smile, others handle them and smile. A Block, well, it is what it is.

Not really fair to compare one companies $400 gun to several companies $1K and up guns.

No doubt! Handle a Stan Chen Custom and tell me that doesn't bring a smile to your face!

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    The $35,000 1911...

Cabot-Guns-Damascus-and-Mammoth-1911-2-670x447.jpg

http://www.recoilweb.com/the-35000-1911-52993.html

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    I am a 70 year old civillian concealed carrier. I have shot 1911's all my life, I carry a Colt Defender. Before I put the Defender in carry service I put about 2000 round through it without a single malfunction. Based on that I feel confidant it's good for another 7 without a malfunction. I think my chances of getting into a running gun battle where I need more than the 7 in the gun and the 6 in the spare mag is pretty low, or else I am headed for the exit. No one has any guarantee that the next time they squeeze the trigger the shot will go off as planed no matter what gun or ammo it is. This Glock/1911 argument is silly. Everybody has different needs, chose what you feel best suits them.

Top Bottom