Wireless for Hope.....Your Kidding Right???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BRitchieLCK

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, La
    Just give it a little longer, there will be a Escalades with 26s for hope!

^This! Why stop at free cell phones? Why not give free cars? Do we consider it a right to have a cell phone? No it's a damn privillage that I chose to pay for. If they want a cell phone they can go buy one theirselves. Can't afford one too bad. Its called work for it. The only handout I ever got was my dad co-signing for my truck right out of high school. He never made a single payment for me because I was raised to work for things I want not sit on my ass with my hand out waiting for a freebie.

butterfly

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Walker (Livingston Parish)
    The reason we now have a right to a cell phone is to make it easier for Big Brother to keep tabs on everyone. Big Brother can track you on your cell phone even when it is turned off. The only way to disable the tracking feature is to remove the battery--and your phone doesn't work very well without a battery. Big Brother doesn't like people who try to stay off the grid, and this makes it easier to get some of them on the grid.

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    Poverty redefined

Being poor use to mean lacking money for food and shelter.

Today it means lacking money for high end consumer goods.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Please conduct your own research. What I am sharing here is our experience with this company. We are currently involved in a lawsuit. Since this whole issue has begun I have found two of my cats dead in the driveway, home locks jammed, and on two occassion to huge piles of bloody FISH HEADS left in front of my house. I feel threatened but, I will not give up. If anything were to happen to me for at least the next five years my family will push for these crooks to be investigated. I want my money and I certainly don't want this to happen to anyone else.

I was referring to THAT with the "pics or it didnt happen" part.

Sounds a bit farfetched to me.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Then, by that criteria, James is already dead.

On the contrary, I think if you keep getting pissed about battles you can't win, and keep sputtering and ranting in places where it won't make a difference - that your blood pressure will cause chronic heart problems and you -will- die sooner than you should have. :P Or maybe it'll be "not soon enough" for some of you ;)

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Bitch??? Goodness, struck a nerve, did I?

Oh, wait... you just edited it out.

Your tool-fu is awesome... dude.:rofl:

Yea, I felt I crossed the line of etiquette for the forum, so out of respect for the moderation, I tried to take it back before anyone saw it... guess I was too slow for you. :P

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    On the contrary, I think if you keep getting pissed about battles you can't win, and keep sputtering and ranting in places where it won't make a difference - that your blood pressure will cause chronic heart problems and you -will- die sooner than you should have. :P Or maybe it'll be "not soon enough" for some of you ;)

You are partially correct! Other than the sputtering, ranting ,and self inflicted health issues; ANY place, forum, audience, reader, etc., may just touch one person that makes a difference somewhere. For example, if a well conceived idea or movement required action by other individuals to move forward to fruition, and one person was motivated by that idea, and participated. It may very well move mountains. It really doesn't matter where that person gained inspiration.

Don't underestimate the power of ANY social network to reach people that may otherwise be unreachable through conventional (for now that is), methods.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Yea, but come on. 99% of BayouShooters is "preaching to the choir" - what's that achieve? This place is hive-mind like a mufukka.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Yea, but come on. 99% of BayouShooters is "preaching to the choir" - what's that achieve? This place is hive-mind like a mufukka.

I get that. But not all on here are actually putting their money where their mouths are. And my point is, if there was an important issue, or a call to action, if you will; and one of these like minded individuals actually did something about it(a la called a Senator, Congressmen, news paper editor, etc.), instead of just ranting about it on a keyboard, it made a difference.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Which the telecom companies then charge their customers for, through higher rates or fees.

That's their choice, though, isn't it?

Bill Gates makes millions through Microsoft, which he then donates to charities and other forms of "free money to people"

If they paid Bill Gates less, and took away his charity contributions, then they could lower the price on MS products.

What's the difference? Companies can do whatever they want with their business model. Are you saying they shouldn't be able to run their business like they want to, just because you disagree with how they do it? That doesn't sound like freedom to me.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Oh, I'll die soon enough... and undoubtedly before you. But I'll just be dead.

You'll still be a tool. ;)

Hopefully a useful tool. Maybe then they can use me to dig my own grave. :mamoru:
    I get that. But not all on here are actually putting their money where their mouths are. And my point is, if there was an important issue, or a call to action, if you will; and one of these like minded individuals actually did something about it(a la called a Senator, Congressmen, news paper editor, etc.), instead of just ranting about it on a keyboard, it made a difference.
    Very fair point.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Lifeline is funded by fees charged to the telecom companies.

Which the telecom companies then charge their customers for, through higher rates or fees.

Are these fees being forced on the telecom companies? Or, are the telecom companies voluntarily accepting the fees?

Big difference!

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    I might be misremembering things, but I thought I had read, a few years back, about some cell companies talking about putting this in to effect of their own accord.

Of course, it came from the cell companies - so maybe they decided to spin it like they were doing it out of their own kindness? I don't know fo sho.

bronzdragon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Yardley, PA
    It's interesting to sit down and read a detailed listing of the fees each month associated with owning a cell phone, and more with a smart phone. The funny thing is, that if you ask a person working at the local phone shop, most of them don't know what half of the taxes or fees are for.

Just a general comment.

~rc~

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    ^that's the dang truth.

I don't know what I hate more - getting a bill that isn't line-itemed into individual charges... or getting a line-itemed bill that makes no effing sense, that I really can't contest.

Top Bottom