Work boot insoles

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    I ask this here because there seems to be a good few people that like to work and don't skimp on gear. I've been using Redwing boots with Dr. Scholl's inserts for years, but trying to find something a little better. I picked up some Ariat Workhogs and am probably going to get Timberland insoles, but wanted to hear from others. I'm an industrial electrician, if that gives you some idea of my use. A lot of walking and standing on concrete and steel pipes and beams. I also have arthritis in my lower back, which I'm trying to alleviate somewhat. I googled a little, but it's hard to tell what's legit and what's marketing.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    I ask this here because there seems to be a good few people that like to work and don't skimp on gear. I've been using Redwing boots with Dr. Scholl's inserts for years, but trying to find something a little better. I picked up some Ariat Workhogs and am probably going to get Timberland insoles, but wanted to hear from others. I'm an industrial electrician, if that gives you some idea of my use. A lot of walking and standing on concrete and steel pipes and beams. I also have arthritis in my lower back, which I'm trying to alleviate somewhat. I googled a little, but it's hard to tell what's legit and what's marketing.

Any podiatrist should have some good insoles in their office. I'd call around and see if one near you carries some. Usually you just need better arch support.

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    Have you ever gotten the Red Wing insoles that they heat up and form to your feet? I've used those plus the original inserts in my Red Wings for 2 years now.

Just got a new pair last week.

Robbie

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   1
    Nov 8, 2011
    Elmwood, LA 70123
    I wore Redwings for many years in Texas City, Tx and Galveston, TX. - Most in the hulls of cargo ships.
    I used, bought everything available at the time. Finally my super told me "buy the cheap female pad's.

Never would I have thought that, but damint they worked.
    Cushion and can change for cheap!

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    Four ideas haven't had/heard of. I may just experiment with all of them for a week or two and see what I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    If you have big feet like I do, the problem is finding insoles that run bigger than size 13 (I wear 16). The only ones I have found is www.powerstep.com heat moldable Archmolds. They are suppliers for podiatrists and some of their stuff can only be bought through their offices. Luckily Archmolds aren't that way.

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    Ive been wearing redwing boots for several years now. They sale a comfort sole that is tan. Iirc they run about $30 a pair. Ive found them to be pretty good.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    What I've learned about insoles is when you think you need them, you need new boots.
    Don't skimp on your bed or your boots because you are usually in one or the other.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    I go to buy a new pair of boots every 12 months or so. I agree, definitely don't skimp on them. I always get a better insole as soon as I get them as well. I'm going to pick up the Red Wing insoles as soon as I get a day off, try them for two or three weeks, then try something else for a few weeks to see how they compare while the boots are still fairly new.

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    What I've learned about insoles is when you think you need them, you need new boots.
    Don't skimp on your bed or your boots because you are usually in one or the other.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey

Or you just have bad feet.

I put insoles in brand new boots.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Go by varsity sports and tell them you need insoles for work boots. They have good ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    I've had Bad feet for yrs & I use Spenco and custom arch supports. They have different styles to fit your feet & problem. I get mine from Acadamy Sports. If the OTC doesn't work it's time for the hi $ customs.
    And after all of that I still have problems.
    Good Luck with your footies.

Top Bottom