Your 21st birthday?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    I guess you could say it purchased me, I got drafted into the US Army! No celebration, I was in my fourth month of an 18 month overseas tour for Uncle Sam!..... Happy Birthday to you!

Last edited:

headcase

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Metairie, LA.
    First of all, wishing you a happy 21st birthday! If I recall correctly, the first handgun I bought was a brand new Browning 9mm Hi Power, an extra mag and a few boxes of ammo, but that was when I was eighteen. At twenty one, I bought a model 19 S&W, 2 1/2 barrel and a Ruger Single Six 22 at Temento's in Westwego... I still own all three to this day!

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    My first gun "purchase" at a gun store wasn't until a few years ago which was quite some time after my 21st birthday. I think the first gun purchase I made from a store was a Mossberg Maverick from Academy. Haven't been too many since either I try to get decent deals on used firearms and play the trade game a lot.

I didn't do much of anything on my 21st birthday. My grandpa (who was my father figure since my dad ran out when I was a kid) died the night before my 21st birthday so a good time was spent mourning and praying :hs:

Last edited:

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Guys yall are making my birthday pretty good with all of these stories! Y'all bought some nice guns and if I can't afford an HK I sure do know where there is a really nice GP100 4". Thanks for the idea ole heat (:
    For all you guys that spent your birthday in the service that have spoken out here thank you for your time and dedication.
    Well back to work for me! Everyone have a good day!

* note: I didn't realize we had so many "old" people here. Guess the 21 year old drinking law doesn't apply to you elders..... haha. Just kidding lol y'all are the ones with all the knowledge!

Last edited:

ZombieHuntr

Out the box....
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    East Baton Rouge
    I spent my 21st in a club called gaspanics in the red light district of Tokyo. I was still in the Navy. I smashed 3 different girls tat night and woke up on a sidewalk in shinjiku in front of a resturaunt where I ate lunch before I went back to base (NAF Atsugi, HSL-51).

Last edited:

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Glock 19, I don't still have it. It was $385 OTD. The next day I bought a mossberg pistol grip pump for $125.

Gah that was cheap!! I just got my first GLOCK 19 and it was new but not from a dealer. (:
    Thanks to a good friend.
    I'm having a pretty good day. Thanks everyone!

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Happy Birthday. My 21st. birthday was so long ago I do not remember what Continent I was on.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Birthday-eve I went to a titty club this chick I was talking with was a waitress at, first (legal) drink was either a bud light or a jack and coke don't remember. Went to my friends' house from there and drank til 4 am, then did Waffle House and worked 12hrs since it was Black Friday, I worked retail, and had bills.

First handgun wasn't til about 10 months later and it was a Sig P220, my first duty gun for a year til I switched to Glock.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Glock 19, I don't still have it. It was $385 OTD. The next day I bought a mossberg pistol grip pump for $125.

Gah that was cheap!! I just got my first GLOCK 19 and it was new but not from a dealer. (:
    Thanks to a good friend.
    I'm having a pretty good day. Thanks everyone!

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I spent 20+ hours on weapons watch in the Nevada desert because some AHole got sick, broke his leg or somesuch...

Went to Reno that weekend however.

I thought it would be cool if I had 21 handguns by the time I turned 21, started counting and stopped at 30.

SO I bought a Kel Tec .32 about 10 days later.... Couldn't find one used.

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Happy birthday broski!

My 21st was spent working..then the booby bar with some buds after :)

First handgun was an XDm 5.25 bitone in .40 cal. I would still have it...but decided the .40 wasn't for me.

Any idea on your plans yet?

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone!!
    Good gun redstickchick
    Jwg that's a nice gun lol
    Tx_oil sorry to here that man. Hope the rest of the year was pretty
    Good.

LOL, That was in 1983 my friend! Next week will be the 30th anniversary of that event and plenty of firearms have come and gone since then.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Happy Birthday!

Jez i still have 2 years....
    Thanks man.
    It will feel like 10 lol. Trust me.

Happy birthday broski!

My 21st was spent working..then the booby bar with some buds after :)

First handgun was an XDm 5.25 bitone in .40 cal. I would still have it...but decided the .40 wasn't for me.

Any idea on your plans yet?
    Haha I was actually planning on the booby bar. I told you that too lol.
    But instead I ordered a thousand rounds in gonna take a training class and decided not to waste it since I have some nice ones at home that have already been paid for (: LMAO.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    On my 18th, I bought a Mossberg 590 Mariner and an RRA Elite.

On my 21st, I was given a G22. Didn't buy from an FFL until a couple of years later; it was the M&P 45 FS that I still carry.

My friends cooked a meal for me, and then we went out. I've seen pictures of the event, including some interesting shots at the strip club. Most of it's hazy after the third stop on the bar crawl; it gets clear again after waking up next to the "dancer" from some of the photos...

snoopygw73

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    mandeville/covington
    Happy birthday,
    The day i turned 21, i walked into gun store with an indoor range. i bought a beretta 96g elite (brigadier) .40 cal. i put 50 rounds through it before leaving. on my way home, i purchased a bottle of jack daniels. after finishing the bottle my friends took me out drinking. one friend made me do 21 shots for my 21st birthday. i threw up on myself at the bar. the last thing i remember was being stripped naked and forced to walk the final mile home.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    On my 18th, I bought a Mossberg 590 Mariner and an RRA Elite.

On my 21st, I was given a G22. Didn't buy from an FFL until a couple of years later; it was the M&P 45 FS that I still carry.

My friends cooked a meal for me, and then we went out. I've seen pictures of the event, including some interesting shots at the strip club. Most of it's hazy after the third stop on the bar crawl; it gets clear again after waking up next to the "dancer" from some of the photos...

Haha man I hope to have half as an exciting birthday as that. They were nice enough at work they let me off early. How sweet of my family lol.
    No friends taking me out maybe food. I have work early again. Might go run with the dog if the rain holds up.
    Might do something this weekend if I can get some guys together. Anyone wanna re-kindle the fire? Haha.

Top Bottom