Zimmerman ~ NOT Guilty

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    More of the same........ Prosecution making Zimmerman look like a hero. I still don't understand the point of the audio witness. I thought the judge ruled that any testimony on the voices were inadmissable. If that's the case, then this guys testimony was pointless.

I'm assuming the lady testifying now was the person who interviewed GZ? I missed that part. She really doesn't have anything wothwhile to give from my point of view........ I'm gathering the prosecution is using GZ's descriptions of TM (suspect) in his written statement and interviews to show he was a wanna be cop. I think that's a fairly falacious argument, but so has been the entirety states case.

mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    More of the same........ Prosecution making Zimmerman look like a hero. I still don't understand the point of the audio witness. I thought the judge ruled that any testimony on the voices were inadmissable. If that's the case, then this guys testimony was pointless.

I'm assuming the lady testifying now was the person who interviewed GZ? I missed that part. She really doesn't have anything wothwhile to give from my point of view........ I'm gathering the prosecution is using GZ's descriptions of TM (suspect) in his written statement and interviews to show he was a wanna be cop. I think that's a fairly falacious argument, but so has been the entirety states case.

It appeared that they were using him to make the point that while technology could not determine who it was that was screaming, a person that knows the person and has heard them speak, that they are more likely to be able to identify that person. This backfired during cross when the defense won the argument, state objected that the witness could not make statements regarding how police work should be conducted, to allow the witness to say that any analysis, whether computer based or personally, should be conducted individually so that there is no bias introduced into the findings. During redirect the state tried to get the witness to say that only applied to electronic analysis, but he continued to say that it should also apply to personal analysis.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    It appeared that they were using him to make the point that while technology could not determine who it was that was screaming, a person that knows the person and has heard them speak, that they are more likely to be able to identify that person. This backfired during cross when the defense won the argument, state objected that the witness could not make statements regarding how police work should be conducted, to allow the witness to say that any analysis, whether computer based or personally, should be conducted individually so that there is no bias introduced into the findings. During redirect the state tried to get the witness to say that only applied to electronic analysis, but he continued to say that it should also apply to personal analysis.

:doh:

Kook

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    New Iberia
    I find it interesting that all along, everyone harped on the fact that he was told not to pursue TM. However, listening to the tapes right now, in all his interviews he states that he was going for an address, and didn't even see TM...

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La

Gotcha! Thanks for the clarificaion. I tuned in towards the middle of his testimony so I was confused as to what was going on.

I'm waiting for the state to drop all charges. They clearly have no case. There is reasonable doubt written all over this.

I really like the detective telling the story of the cross she was wearing in the interrogation room. She flat out said "save you life" or some variant of that. Really backfired on the prosecutor, I think.

Also, the prosecutor relentlessly trying to get the word "suspect" out there. That proves nothing that GZ used the word "suspect" to describe TM.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I find it interesting that all along, everyone harped on the fact that he was told not to pursue TM. However, listening to the tapes right now, in all his interviews he states that he was going for an address, and didn't even see TM...

Yes, those FACTS are hard to accept because then; Jamie Foxx would look foolish for wearing a Trayvon Martin T-shirt at the BET awards last night. :doh:

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    I know that any reasonable person would move for aquittal, or not guilty. I do have to wonder though, with the liberalization of America, if the jurors are giong to find him guilty so as not to appear racist?

mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    What recording are we listening to?

The interrogation from the day afterward.

I'm waiting for the state to drop all charges. They clearly have no case. There is reasonable doubt written all over this.

The only thing I can think is that they are trying for "Lesser and including" charges such as manslaughter or others all the way down to assault.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Even still, if he did get out to look to see where he was going.
    What's unlawful about that?

and the LEO just said he was lying and baiting GZ into answering his questions. Was GZ's lawyer present?

Last edited:

mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    Not saying I agree or that I understand the logic, just what I've heard mentioned and the ONLY thing that still makes since.

mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    Even still, if he did get out to look to see where he was going.
    What's unlawful about that?

and the LEO just said he was lying and baiting GZ into answering his questions. Was GZ's lawyer present?

No he waved his Miranda rights and never asked for a lawyer.

Top Bottom