Can't CCW in whole foods again

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JDSilva87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    Kenner, La
    Just went to whole foods and noticed that they put up big signs on every door saying that no firearms are allowed on the premises. Does anyone know why?

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Could have been because of the guy that was open carrying in New Orleans there awhile back and gave the manager and cop there lip there was a video someone posted of it on here not too long ago.

Last edited:

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I was at the one in Baton Rouge last week and they had the big sign posted at every door saying no firearms allowed on premises. Oh well.

luv1979

Genesis 27:3
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    I googled it and found where a customer in Misouri had written their corporate offices asking why the policy was put in place and this was te response they received:

Thank you for the e-mail and feedback regarding Whole Foods Market's "No Firearms" policy.Our policy restricting handguns in the store is driven around providing a safe working environment for our Team Members - and our intent is to extend this safe environment to our customers.* In our Whole Foods Market General Information Guide (employee handbook), we state that:"Whole Foods Market has adopted a policy that no one, including Team Members and customers, may bring firearms, concealed weapons or the like to any Whole Foods Market location.* This prohibition applies, but is not limited to, any public areas of our stores, back rooms, break rooms, Team Member lockers, central kitchens, distribution centers, parking lots and garages. only commissioned law enforcement officers or other law enforcement personnel are permitted to bring firearms onto Company premises."Again, Whole Foods Market's "No Firearms" policy is in place for safety reasons only; while individuals in the company may have personal opinions regarding the 2nd Amendment, Whole Foods Market does not take a political position on this issue, nor is our policy intended to infer a lack of support for the 2nd Amendment.* Whole Foods Market's policy is based on state law, which allows businesses to establish and enforce a "No Firearms" policy in our stores as part of state criminal trespass laws.We recognize that you have a choice in where you shop - and appreciate your business. I hope that this e-mail clarifies some of your concerns regarding our reasons for this policy.Best regards,

Last edited:

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Target rich zones scare me I respect them and don't intend to go to the stores that list no firearms allowed. My position on it is for safety reasons too that it makes a welcomed target to some. At least with the past and current shootings I'm starting to see a trend. It's a shame though I like the chantilly cake they make :(.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Wow, but this is one of those, concealed is concealed things... I support open carry as a means of having options as not to have brandishing charges just because your concealed firearm showed when you moved around, but I will never really OC myself, I have a nice comfortable Crossbreed supertuck for my CZ, that conceals nicely...

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    Another one of their policies is not to prosecute shoplifters. Just banned from store after caught the first time. At that location, Arabella Station, there are a fair amount of "new age"/Tulane kids that will do it.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    I don't agree with the way the cop handled this situation in that vid....oh and screw any store that prevents me from carrying

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    A sign, OH NOES!

You can't completely avoid those with differing opinions than you, Whole Foods offers unique items not available elsewhere. Their CEO is a libertarian and has some great views and some not so great views. I have only been to Whole Foods a couple of times, and it was to get a unique item only available locally from Whole foods. If I avoided every business who had a different opinion than me I couldn't watch a Movie, listen to Music, buy a vehicle or even type on this keyboard. That doesn't mean I don't go out of the way to support a business that supports 2A, I actively support them (and it is good for business :cool: ).

I believe someone already said concealed means concealed and the signs hold as much water as that gravel truck that has a sign that says "not responsible for falling rocks".

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    A sign, OH NOES!

You can't completely avoid those with differing opinions than you, Whole Foods offers unique items not available elsewhere. Their CEO is a libertarian and has some great views and some not so great views. I have only been to Whole Foods a couple of times, and it was to get a unique item only available locally from Whole foods. If I avoided every business who had a different opinion than me I couldn't watch a Movie, listen to Music, buy a vehicle or even type on this keyboard. That doesn't mean I don't go out of the way to support a business that supports 2A, I actively support them (and it is good for business :cool: ).

I believe someone already said concealed means concealed and the signs hold as much water as that gravel truck that has a sign that says "not responsible for falling rocks".
    This, 100%, this.

Top Bottom