Can't CCW in whole foods again

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I've lived 60 years without going to Whole Foods, I guess I can make it for a few more. And thanks to the ******* that screwed it up for the CHP holders.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I've lived 60 years without going to Whole Foods, I guess I can make it for a few more. And thanks to the ******* that screwed it up for the CHP holders.
    Didn't really screw it up for the CHP holders, imo. Signs don't matter...

If a gun shows, they can ask you to leave, whether there's a sign or not.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I googled it and found where a customer in Misouri had written their corporate offices asking why the policy was put in place and this was te response they received:

Thank you for the e-mail and feedback regarding Whole Foods Market's "No Firearms" policy.Our policy restricting handguns in the store is driven around providing a safe working environment for our Team Members - and our intent is to extend this safe environment to our customers.* In our Whole Foods Market General Information Guide (employee handbook), we state that:"Whole Foods Market has adopted a policy that no one, including Team Members and customers, may bring firearms, concealed weapons or the like to any Whole Foods Market location.* This prohibition applies, but is not limited to, any public areas of our stores, back rooms, break rooms, Team Member lockers, central kitchens, distribution centers, parking lots and garages. only commissioned law enforcement officers or other law enforcement personnel are permitted to bring firearms onto Company premises."Again, Whole Foods Market's "No Firearms" policy is in place for safety reasons only; while individuals in the company may have personal opinions regarding the 2nd Amendment, Whole Foods Market does not take a political position on this issue, nor is our policy intended to infer a lack of support for the 2nd Amendment.* Whole Foods Market's policy is based on state law, which allows businesses to establish and enforce a "No Firearms" policy in our stores as part of state criminal trespass laws.We recognize that you have a choice in where you shop - and appreciate your business. I hope that this e-mail clarifies some of your concerns regarding our reasons for this policy.Best regards,

So will they try to get a LEO to charge you with RS 14:63 if they happen to see your concealed handgun? What about the people that go in without shoes, shirts will they get charged with Criminal Trespass? :confused:

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    Didn't really screw it up for the CHP holders, imo. Signs don't matter...

If a gun shows, they can ask you to leave, whether there's a sign or not.

Apparently, even if there are no signs, if a gun is visable, cops disarm you, detain you, and act like douches

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Remaining after being forbidden

So it wouldn't be Criminal Trespass it would be RS 14:63.3? So would you have a chance to leave before being charged?

RS 14:63.3

§63.3. Entry on or remaining in places or on land after being forbidden

A. No person shall without authority go into or upon or remain in or upon or attempt to go into or upon or remain in or upon any structure, watercraft, or any other movable, or immovable property, which belongs to another, including public buildings and structures, ferries, and bridges, or any part, portion, or area thereof, after having been forbidden to do so, either orally or in writing, including by means of any sign hereinafter described, by any owner, lessee, or custodian of the property or by any other authorized person. For the purposes of this Section, the above mentioned sign means a sign or signs posted on or in the structure, watercraft, or any other movable, or immovable property, including public buildings and structures, ferries and bridges, or part, portion or area thereof, at a place or places where such sign or signs may be reasonably expected to be seen.

B. Whoever violates the provisions of this Section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction thereof shall be fined not more than five hundred dollars or imprisoned in the parish jail for not more than six months, or both.

Added by Acts 1960, No. 78, §1. Amended by Acts 1963, No. 91, §1; Acts 1968, No. 647, §1; Acts 1977, No. 445, §1; Acts 1978, No. 694, §1.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I understand the concept of concealed means concealed, but why would you even bother to go a chain grocery store that so blatantly forbids CCW? For you guys that haven't seen it, this sign is huge. It's not a tiny no firearms sign but a big poster that you can't miss. The upper management very obviously doesn't want you there. However, directly across the street from the Baton Rouge location there is a tiny local store called Maxwell's Market that is awesome. Go there and put your money in local pockets.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I understand the concept of concealed means concealed, but why would you even bother to go a chain grocery store that so blatantly forbids CCW? For you guys that haven't seen it, this sign is huge. It's not a tiny no firearms sign but a big poster that you can't miss. The upper management very obviously doesn't want you there. However, directly across the street from the Baton Rouge location there is a tiny local store called Maxwell's Market that is awesome. Go there and put your money in local pockets.

I couldn't agree more.

Taking the legal angle out of it, the fact that they are telling me up front that I'm assumed by them to be a criminal threat is enough to make me spend my money elsewhere. There's always another option.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I honestly don't give a crap what they think about guns, or my guns.

I'd very much prefer to not bring politics into every damned transaction I go through every day. If Whole Foods has something I want, that benefits me to get there, I'll get it, pay the requested amount, and be on my way.

I don't care if they're pro-life, anti-gun, pro-death penalty, anti-catholic, holocaust-deniers... I don't. Give. One. Rats. Ass.

It's an oversimplification in an "us vs them" mentality to think that the whole chain of stores shares one idea on the topic. Maybe the 50 people employed by that store are 90% pro-gun.

People who put so much stock in a sign like that make me think of people on Facebook saying "Like this if you hate cancer" - it's a buncha feel-good bullcrap that doesn't change a thing, either way.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    I'd NEVER.....

I'm getting my Flax Seed and Pomagranates then slip out as usual:}

Gun/Weapon huh???

qq99tykpm7ozqxiarfph.png

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I googled it and found where a customer in Misouri had written their corporate offices asking why the policy was put in place and this was te response they received:

Thank you for the e-mail and feedback regarding Whole Foods Market's "No Firearms" policy.Our policy restricting handguns in the store is driven around providing a safe working environment for our Team Members - and our intent is to extend this safe environment to our customers.* In our Whole Foods Market General Information Guide (employee handbook), we state that:"Whole Foods Market has adopted a policy that no one, including Team Members and customers, may bring firearms, concealed weapons or the like to any Whole Foods Market location.* This prohibition applies, but is not limited to, any public areas of our stores, back rooms, break rooms, Team Member lockers, central kitchens, distribution centers, parking lots and garages. only commissioned law enforcement officers or other law enforcement personnel are permitted to bring firearms onto Company premises."Again, Whole Foods Market's "No Firearms" policy is in place for safety reasons only; while individuals in the company may have personal opinions regarding the 2nd Amendment, Whole Foods Market does not take a political position on this issue, nor is our policy intended to infer a lack of support for the 2nd Amendment.* Whole Foods Market's policy is based on state law, which allows businesses to establish and enforce a "No Firearms" policy in our stores as part of state criminal trespass laws.We recognize that you have a choice in where you shop - and appreciate your business. I hope that this e-mail clarifies some of your concerns regarding our reasons for this policy.Best regards,

Im curious as to what "other law enforcement personnel" is.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Oh. And another thing.

Hell no you goofy wench. Don't get your panties in a wad about my firearm and then proceed to make small talk about my dog. If you knew me well enough to know I have a dog, I deserve a face to face hey, no firearms in the store polite request.

Sorry. I'm bitchy tonight.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom