i have no idea we where voting for governor today. so who is the most pro gun and for

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Vitter is most pro 2A IMO. I don't like the guy personally, and don't think he is very trustworthy (trustworthy politicians is an oxymoron anyways) but he is most certainly pro 2A.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Vitter in his speech today talked about being anti Obama, anti Obama care, and pro 2a. Pro drilling in the gulf, and about attacking the budget

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    "...no idea we where voting for governor today..."

OP must have been living under a rock for the past 6 months. No different from anyone else who comes into the poll looking for the one who will give them the most.

FWIW, I serve as a voting commissioner and we were thrilled to see participation by almost 40% of registered voters in our precinct.

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    "...no idea we where voting for governor today..."

OP must have been living under a rock for the past 6 months. No different from anyone else who comes into the poll looking for the one who will give them the most.

FWIW, I serve as a voting commissioner and we were thrilled to see participation by almost 40% of registered voters in our precinct.

I have a friend that owns a business and he's divorced. He bitches more than anyone else about taxes and just about everything else. Him and the his customers get in big discussion about politics and you know what, he doesn't vote but those people he's talking to don't know that. I tell him to shut the hell up if he's not going to vote. He's one of those it doesn't do any good bunch.

I never miss a chance to vote it's my right and duty.

sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    i haven't been watching the tv news, guess i skipped the endless political commercials this year. no regrets. i always vote. now where could i get a david vitter cap or t shirt?

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    I cant stand Vitter. Vitter is in the Jindal club, as best i can ascertain. If the only reason that y'all like vitter is that he is a republican and gets an awesome nra rating, i'd urge y'all to educate yourselves further on who he is and what he's known for.

I like Edwards. He knows that if he takes office, he'll most likely be a one and done, because whoever takes office is going to have to do some aggressive, non-popular things to fix the disaster that jindal has left. I also believe, while he may not push for any wide-sweeping differences in 2a legislation, he understands that that is the last thing that needs attention in Louisiana.

Integrity also means a ton to me. Edwards wins when it comes to this, hands down. I don't agree 100% with his healthcare stance, but that's okay. Vitter has been caught up in things that scream quite the opposite of integrity. Has everyone forgotten the prostitution stuff? And while everyone else is concerned with mud slinging, here comes Edwards being focused on Louisiana... strange....

He may be a Dem, but I've met him before and he seems like a real, quality, genuine guy. I also appreciate his service record. I do feel like he's a lean right Dem.

twentynine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2013
    Ascension parish
    No way can I vote for Vitter. Lying adulterer. While I'm no liberal democrat by any means, John Bel seems to be the only honest pick.

Jindal, let's see how good a job he's done. Seems to me he's taken us back to the 1930s. Got rid of the Charity medical system, just about quit funding higher education, and the roads are so poor a cold front can't get across the state. Just like before Huey Long. When he took office Group Benefits (state retirement system) was fully funded with surplus, administrative control was given to an out of state corporation, now instead of millions in surplus, it has a deficit.

Armbruster Armory

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Lafayette
    According to this apparently neutral site's metrics, Edwards is a left leaning Democrat http://www.ontheissues.org/John_Bel_Edwards_VoteMatch.htm ; keep in mind he endorsed Obama in 2008 and 2012 and Mary Landrieu in her last election. His most recent fundraiser had headline hosts of James Carville, Kathleen Blanco, and the Landrieu siblings. According to one site I have seen, he has promised to expand Medicaid/Obamacare's reach in La. on day 1 in office, which will cost the state millions when the feds start cutting the funding over years and requiring the state to pick up their slack.

I will be holding my nose as I vote for Vitter.

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    I am really confused about some of the "logic" displayed here. The choice on election day is sadly another one of those "lesser of two evils" things. Am I disappointed in Vitter's unfaithfulness to his wife? You bet I am. But I can't ignore his voting record in Washington as opposed to the political affiliations of Edwards.
    Some here say that perhaps you can't trust Vitter. Perhaps. But you can be SURE that you can't trust Edwards. Edwards endorsed Obama....twice. And Mary Landrieu. And backed Obamacare. I'm sorry, but I can't be so mad at Vitter that I'd vote for Edwards. That's like shooting yourself in the foot.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    Vitter is one of very few politicians who have been near perfect in their votes, both in the House, and the Senate.

If you aren't voting for Vitter because of his partaking in prostitutes, and are going to vote for ANY Democrat, you should hand in your guns. You don't deserve to own them. You are stating that you support people who want to destroy my rights. Our rights. All of America's rights.

That's just plain hypocritical to be a gun owner and support those people, like Edwards.

There are no Blue Dogs anymore. You are lucky to have someone like Vitter out there fighting for your rights consistently. He's absolutely rock solid on almost all conservative issues, and especially the 2nd Amendment.
    You think John Bel Edwards is going to clean up Jindal's mess? Just like Blanco did for Foster eh? That's just plain silly talk there.

Vitter is the only choice. Sure, I'd like a better one too. There isn't one though.

Top Bottom