i have no idea we where voting for governor today. so who is the most pro gun and for

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RustyHammer

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    NOLA
    I'll tell you what I told Vitter himself: As long as his wife forgives him and it wasn't Hillary Clinton he was playing with ... I can look past it! LOL

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I'll tell you what I told Vitter himself: As long as his wife forgives him and it wasn't Hillary Clinton he was playing with ... I can look past it! LOL

To quote Rolfe who really stated clearly: "The liberal Democrat will kill the opportunity for our children’s educational choices and success, business development and smaller government; the conservative Republican lacks the character of a servant leader and would harm the reputation of our state."

Sent via the Pony Express!

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    His reputation is ours.... It will negatively affect the state of Louisiana.

I'm still ticked off at the voters of this state. We had better options and chose Vitter over the other Republicans.... We also voted that roads aren't a priority for the state. That'll hurt bringing businesses to the state.

Sent via the Pony Express!

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Its the folks in Louisiana that say "well Edwards seems like a good guy and Vitter cheated on his wife, so I will vote for Edwards or not vote at all" that will let this liberal into office. People thought Jindal was bad, wait until this guy takes over. You will see the most radical liberal governing this state has seen in a while because he knows he will end up out of office next election when a better republican comes along. Edwards will go full on liberal as soon as he gets into office and won't lay off until we elect another governor. Sad to say, but I am considering moving my family to another state in the future.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Gus McCrae said:
    I'm still ticked off at the voters of this state. We had better options and chose Vitter over the other Republicans....

The run off ended up being between what is possibly the worst two possibilities that where on the initial ballot. Both them bastards talk out both sides of their mouth depending on who they are talking to and both tend to miss votes that matter. Typical politicians. More of the same old **** no matter who wins.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    The run off ended up being between what is possibly the worst two possibilities that where on the initial ballot. Both them bastards talk out both sides of their mouth depending on who they are talking to and both tend to miss votes that matter. Typical politicians. More of the same old **** no matter who wins.

I was the most conflicted since the Duke/Edwards election today. I almost said "f*ck it" and didn't even bother. I don't know if that is what the politicians want, but it's been getting harder and harder to motivate myself to go to the polls lately.

Oh well, no matter the outcome, I am considering the possibility of becoming a traveling ERP consultant again. If one guy wins and destroys what opportunities are left for someone with my set of skills, I won't be working in Louisiana anyway.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado

Yup. Crap or Crap with raisins.

I really think Vitter losing had more to do with people being tired of holding their nose when voting than people wanting a Liberal Governor. Several people here said they don't care..... I really think plenty did.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I don't believe the Republican Party will ever hold a major office again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless Edwards really turns his boat around and does some amazing things for the state, the Republicans just have to put someone with a decent voting record and some integrity and they will win easy me thinks.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Unless Edwards really turns his boat around and does some amazing things for the state, the Republicans just have to put someone with a decent voting record and some integrity and they will win easy me thinks.

The problem is people want free stuff. I've had employees quit working for me because they were gonna lose food stamps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    just my $.02 on the election. If our new governor is smart he will realize that the majority of the voters in Louisiana do not like what Washington is doing and if he follows course with what the Obama administration stands for he will be a 1 term governor. - there is a system of checks and balances in the State government -- if our elected State Representatives don't vote to fund what the governor wants to do they can make him a "lame duck" -- .. A good governor implements good plans and leadership and gets the State Reps to back him, a bad governor creates turmoil, divides the State Reps and we suffer.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    and......

While everyone was busy arguing over which candidate would make the worst Governor.........Bloomberg and Grigsby bought our education system. They dumped more than a million into our BESE Election and bought some steadfast Common Core supporters. You see, some years back the legislators took the bulk of the power away from local school boards and placed it all in the hands of the BESE Board. That's the Louisiana Board of Elementary and Secondary Education for those that don't know. This election cycle, a **** ton of out of state money overturned all but one of the seats occupied by anti-common core members and replaced them with candidates bought and paid for by the CC Pacs. They own our education system now. This scares me WAY more than any Democrat Governor. They own our children's future now........

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    and......

While everyone was busy arguing over which candidate would make the worst Governor.........Bloomberg and Grigsby bought our education system. They dumped more than a million into our BESE Election and bought some steadfast Common Core supporters. You see, some years back the legislators took the bulk of the power away from local school boards and placed it all in the hands of the BESE Board. That's the Louisiana Board of Elementary and Secondary Education for those that don't know. This election cycle, a **** ton of out of state money overturned all but one of the seats occupied by anti-common core members and replaced them with candidates bought and paid for by the CC Pacs. They own our education system now. This scares me WAY more than any Democrat Governor. They own our children's future now........

Take this with a grain of salt, because I am friends with several teachers... I was told that common core can work IF, and this is a big IF, implemented properly. One would need to learn the Common Core way from day one. In other words, we can't take them midway through their education and just brutally switch them to common core. THAT is one of the major issues with it!

As for myself, I can't say that I am for or against common core because I don't know all the ins and outs of it. I will ask this though, where exactly does Louisiana rank in education compared to the rest of the nation? Do you honestly think the way we have been doing things is working?

Granted, when I was younger, I took part in some government backed experimental learning programs. I found the activities boring and ended up getting into a shitload of trouble for computer hacking... I discovered that the mainframe housing the accelerated reading program also housed games and I found the games to be more fun. As a result, I was kicked out of the accelerated reading program and a lot of people were embarrassed that a 7th grade student could hack their system the way I did.

Top Bottom