Causeway Menace

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    *Rant of the day*

There is a menace on the Causeway bridge, who drives every morning to Metairie and back across the lake every day. The ***hat is reckless and will get someone killed one day. When I first encountered this moron in his Nissan 370 Z, he was barreling down the 45 mph highway at 60ish mph, only for me to catch back up to him at the next red light. I got a good look at his license plate, which has a name on it (I'll refrain from posting it). I've been seeing him every morning go through the toll booths and flooring it as soon as he was through. One day he must have been running late and he blew past me. He was traveling fast enough that my vehicle shook slightly. It's not uncommon to be traveling 70 mph and have other vehicles passing in the morning between 6am and 7am, so I would assume he was traveling over 75 mph. Well today it was even worse... He must have been running late, because he cut off four lanes of traffic right after the toll booths, which caused myself and a few others to lock up the brakes. He immediately began weaving through traffic at a high rate of speed and was gone.

My question, to make this rant even somewhat relevant, is how the **** is this guy not in jail, but I got a Causeway ticket for 70 in a 65?

*No, I'm not complaining I got a ticket, it was years ago and it was dropped to a seat belt ticket*

** If any LEO here work the Causeway, I'd be happy to give you the plate and times this idiot is on the bridge. ;)

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    A Reckless Endangerment ticket would bring this guy back down to reality pretty damn quickly!

Call up Carlton Dufrechou and tell him he won't need to spend 100 million dollars (that you commuters will have to pay for), to fix the rails if he gets douche's like this off of the bridge! ;)

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Cough "caused me" cough

What?

A Reckless Endangerment ticket would bring this guy back down to reality pretty damn quickly!

Call up Carlton Dufrechou and tell him he won't need to spend 100 million dollars (that you commuters will have to pay for), to fix the rails if he gets douche's like this off of the bridge! ;)

Seriously... Even then, I don't see how they claim they DON'T receive enough revenue (regardless of the millions from tolls). If you are speeding 1-14 mph over the limit, your ticket will be a fixed price. If you are speeding 15+ over, you have a mandatory court appearance and your fine will be determined then.

Just an observation - Rarely do you see Causeway patrol catching speeders going South in the AM. According to the reports when they started using the aircraft for enforcement, the fastest they clocked someone was 81 mph, which is way under what I've seen people driving in the mornings.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    What?

Seriously... Even then, I don't see how they claim they DON'T receive enough revenue (regardless of the millions from tolls). If you are speeding 1-14 mph over the limit, your ticket will be a fixed price. If you are speeding 15+ over, you have a mandatory court appearance and your fine will be determined then.

Just an observation - Rarely do you see Causeway patrol catching speeders going South in the AM. According to the reports when they started using the aircraft for enforcement, the fastest they clocked someone was 81 mph, which is way under what I've seen people driving in the mornings.

The old reflexive pronoun vs object pronoun game.

I will say this. The Bonnet Carre spillway is like the autobahn but I never even consider speeding on the causeway. Well, I did once and was taught a valuable lesson.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Do you have a gopro?

Maybe get multiple videos of this guy going nuts and turn it into the Causeway peeps?

Other than something like that (which I'm not even sure is a good idea), idk what to tell you. Nothing else can really be done unless he gets busted one day. Be careful tho.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Do you have a gopro?

Maybe get multiple videos of this guy going nuts and turn it into the Causeway peeps?

Other than something like that (which I'm not even sure is a good idea), idk what to tell you. Nothing else can really be done unless he gets busted one day. Be careful tho.

I thought about getting a dashcam in the past, I would love to get one just to have video of the ridiculous driving that takes place every day.

It's annoying because it's the same dude every day. If you ever hear on the news of a 370 Z that flipped over the rail into the lake, it's probably this idiot.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    I thought about getting a dashcam in the past, I would love to get one just to have video of the ridiculous driving that takes place every day.

It's annoying because it's the same dude every day. If you ever hear on the news of a 370 Z that flipped over the rail into the lake, it's probably this idiot.

lol

Man I bought a knock off gopro for only $50...1080p with wifi and LCD

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Truthfully, the amount of accidents / fatalities on that 24 mile stretch, versus the amount of people that cross that sucker everyday, makes it one of the safest stretches of highway in the country.

Instead of spending $100 million on the rails, they should get the art departments of the various public and private schools around the metro area to paint a 24 mile (x 4), mural of scenes on plywood, that depict nothing to imply you guys are driving on a bridge or over water. It is the psychological affect of the water and the bridge itself that makes dummies not able to concentrate (or just forget about the long banal drive), and stay on course and safe. Minus the complete morons who are texting.

Estimated cost? $3 Million. Why only $3 million?

24 miles x 4 (4 sides) = 506,880 feet total of murals/plywood
    63,360 each 4x8 sheets of plywood (Need 3/4 inch perhaps 1 inch marine ply) @ $20.00 sheet (volume discount) = $1,267,200.00
    Throw in another $1,500,000.00 for bracing and labor (the artwork will be free).

Total Savings = Around $97 Million Dollars

You commuters can thank me later! ;)

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Here's a good one for you...

The caption read "Yes, he's texting an driving fifty five over the causeway"

So while driving 10 mph under the limit and texting, his passenger though "Let me take a selfie to show you how stupid he is." So now you have two people not paying attention while driving :eek3:

10991114_412342385607693_2535418430980712733_n.jpg

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    driving today is scary...I see about 75% of cars texting while driving....meanwhile, I'm on the side the interstate changing a tire peeing my pants

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Here's a good one for you...

The caption read "Yes, he's texting an driving fifty five over the causeway"

So while driving 10 mph under the limit and texting, his passenger though "Let me take a selfie to show you how stupid he is." So now you have two people not paying attention while driving :eek3:

Meh! I have had passengers in my front seat over the years, that have told me things like; "Dude, I can't see out of this window because of the condensation (or dirt/grime, cracked windshield, bugs, etc)." I always retorted; "Look! You don't need to see where we are going! Only the driver does! If we crash, you will not be left out of anything!"

This passengers only mistake is not watching the driver! :dunno:

Oh, and apparently; not getting enough sleep! :mamoru:

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    driving today is scary...I see about 75% of cars texting while driving....meanwhile, I'm on the side the interstate changing a tire peeing my pants

If I can't pull over at least 10 feet off the Interstate shoulder, I ain't stopping!

I had a trooper follow me for 3 miles (after I hand signaled to follow), and then ultimately tell me; "I know why you did that! I appreciate that!" I told him; "You guys are insane pulling over on these roads with all these morons driving!" He agreed, and then let me party on! :rockon:

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    Truthfully, the amount of accidents / fatalities on that 24 mile stretch, versus the amount of people that cross that sucker everyday, makes it one of the safest stretches of highway in the country.

Instead of spending $100 million on the rails, they should get the art departments of the various public and private schools around the metro area to paint a 24 mile (x 4), mural of scenes on plywood, that depict nothing to imply you guys are driving on a bridge or over water. It is the psychological affect of the water and the bridge itself that makes dummies not able to concentrate (or just forget about the long banal drive), and stay on course and safe. Minus the complete morons who are texting.

Estimated cost? $3 Million. Why only $3 million?

24 miles x 4 (4 sides) = 506,880 feet total of murals/plywood
    63,360 each 4x8 sheets of plywood (Need 3/4 inch perhaps 1 inch marine ply) @ $20.00 sheet (volume discount) = $1,267,200.00
    Throw in another $1,500,000.00 for bracing and labor (the artwork will be free).

Total Savings = Around $97 Million Dollars

You commuters can thank me later! ;)
    LOL obviously you have not priced marine plywood as of late. 4' x 8' x 1" is over $120 a sheet And then there is the "OTHER" costs which put you well over the original $100 MIL

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    LOL obviously you have not priced marine plywood as of late. 4' x 8' x 1" is over $120 a sheet And then there is the "OTHER" costs which put you well over the original $100 MIL

What? :eek3: Is Weyerhauser owned by one of the dumbass' campaign donors?

No wonder Home Depot always has racks full of that **** and never has any of the 1/4 inch regular ply! Who in the hell can afford to make a deer box out that crap?

Oh well, just like everything else government does, we'll be a bit over budget! :D

Last edited:

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    Well Dave u could always take a minute and walk into the office at the south terminal and talk to Carlton about this issue. I'm sure he would like your input.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Well Dave u could always take a minute and walk into the office at the south terminal and talk to Carlton about this issue. I'm sure he would like your input.

Make sure to mention that you have a cheap method for making cars artificial reefs by forcing douche drivers over the side! Carlton has always had a soft side for lake conservation and habitat accentuation! ;)

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    If I can't pull over at least 10 feet off the Interstate shoulder, I ain't stopping!

I had a trooper follow me for 3 miles (after I hand signaled to follow), and then ultimately tell me; "I know why you did that! I appreciate that!" I told him; "You guys are insane pulling over on these roads with all these morons driving!" He agreed, and then let me party on! :rockon:

Nice this I will try. I have been asked to exit my vehicle more then once over the years because it was unsafe for the officer to approach.

I travel the Causeway in the evenings and there is no shortage for Darwin award winners. Back when I still had my Camaro I had an SUV ride me so hard I couldn't he his headlights over the deck lid for a couple miles at a time. It wasnt like I was being a left lane lurker he was just being an idiot. I came quite close to following that dick bag home.

Last edited:

BlueShamu

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    D'town
    I used to daily commute between Dutchtown and Chalmette.....I was the guy in the slow lane with the cruise set at 68 in the 70 and 58 in the 60 on the Bonnet Carre.....errr....Autobohn. I can sympathize with Dave...you see the same drivers doing the same things every morning. Set the alarm five minutes earlier and make your life a little less stressful! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom