Causeway Menace

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This thread is a great opportunity to vent on all of the stupid things we see everyday while driving. And don't leave out the reasons it is so douchy!

So I will start off with this gem (though if this goes according to plan; I will have many):

Just this morning BTW! The douche that deliberately drives 20 mph slower than the posted speed limit while everyone is trying to get to work! What is it that makes a retard do this? He was middle aged and he was driving along on HWY 61 (posted speed limit is 65), and is not only driving like he's about to crap himself if the car vibrates too much, but he takes forever to leave from the light.

WTF are you doing at 6:45am that you don't understand that everyone that is passing you has somewhere to go? Like work!

I passed this vehicle and glanced over to see which gender was causing my dismay, and it was like this clown was oblivious to the world around him.

If you are that clueless, why are you on the road? If you don't understand the speed limits, how are you driving? :mad:

Next!

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I see the same people every morning, we all commute at the same times, some of them are even friends of mine, but as far as my biggest pet peeves on the Causeway go, here's a list:

People that drive in the Tag Only lane and realize they have to pay a $3 toll, so they lock up their brakes when the attendant flags them down.
    People that cut into the Tag Only lane, from another Tag Only lane, because there is one less car in the next lane.
    People that drive through the far left Tag Only lane, but want to go slow, so they cut over 6 lanes of traffic, just to eventually be one lane over (slow lane).
    Gravel trucks that drive in the left lane at 50 mph next to another truck, so everyone gets hit with rocks.
    Jefferson Parish Men AND WOMEN Deputies that tailgate you at 70 mph.
    Honda Elements (I swear, everyone that drives a Honda Element on the Causeway does 50 mph)
    Beat to **** mini truck/clunker doing 45 mph, because it will explode if it goes any faster.
    And anyone who drives a 370 Z :rofl:

TheMole68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    The behavior of JSPO crossing the bridge when I was on the counter commute was ridiculous. I don't understand why I'm paying for a sheriff to drive a public vehicle across the lake everyday either. I get that there isn't a residency requirement but I thought they had public vehicles to be available in case of emergency.

Last edited:

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    I get what y'all are saying about the causeway, I drive it a few times a week.

However, baton rouge is on a whole new level of retardism when it comes to driving.

Going through there last night coming home from Shreveport. Dude all the way in the left lane is going like 55. I pass him in the right lane as did the car behind me and then it's like it pissed him off. He floors it going like 80 and passes us only to slow down again to like 55. Did I mention this was at like 930p last night?

Baton Rouge has by far the worst drivers ever. I will never use my blinker there. Its like a signal for people to speed up and block you from getting over.

And the let's not even discuss the miss river bridge.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I get what y'all are saying about the causeway, I drive it a few times a week.

However, baton rouge is on a whole new level of retardism when it comes to driving.

Going through there last night coming home from Shreveport. Dude all the way in the left lane is going like 55. I pass him in the right lane as did the car behind me and then it's like it pissed him off. He floors it going like 80 and passes us only to slow down again to like 55. Did I mention this was at like 930p last night?

Baton Rouge has by far the worst drivers ever. I will never use my blinker there. Its like a signal for people to speed up and block you from getting over.

And the let's not even discuss the miss river bridge.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

True Dis^!

This place has some real winners! The most outrageous thing that I had to adapt to when I first got here was the "inside and under move" when two retards are coming to an intersection head-on (opposing traffic), and both wanting to make a left turn, and BOTH instinctively do the wrong thing by cutting under each other! :ugh:

How do they all know to do the wrong thing all the time here? It's almost as if the driving test here is different than any place else! When I do the method I was taught and correct, the "outside around move", they look at me like I am the retard!

I forgot to mention; I bet there are Baton Rouge people that have read this^ and were thinking; "Hey! I do that!" :redfinger:

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The behavior of JSPO crossing the bridge when I was on the counter commute was ridiculous. I don't understand why I'm paying for a sheriff to drive a public vehicle across the lake everyday either. I get that there isn't a residency requirement but I thought they had public vehicles to be available in case of emergency.

:awais: Cop basher! :awais:

:mamoru:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I live in Baton Rouge for a short while, off of West Lee, and that was the second most dangerous traffic area I have been in Baton Rouge, other than the College/Corporate areas (and I-10 of course). I learned that in rush hour, it can sometimes take 5 hours to go from Corporate to Nicholson, and people get really reckless when they get stuck in it and can't escape.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I have been all over the U.S for work and believe me there are "Full Retard" drivers everywhere. I lived in California most of my life and they are just as bad if not worse.

My favorite in CA was a women driver who stopped in the middle of a right hand sweeper that was supposed to merge with same direction traffic. So as I am looking back to see what speed I need to be at to merge seamlessly with traffic as I accelerate to merge I look forward to an Oh Shiite moment as the car in front of me has stopped 60 feet from the merge section of the turn. Luckily I was able to pass by on the right hand side due to an extra wide break down lane.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    You are seeing JPSO vehicles crossing the bridge regularly because half the force lives on the north shore. They pay a set fee monthly and they get unlimited milage ,gas,oil,tires,insurance regardless of where they live.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You are seeing JPSO vehicles crossing the bridge regularly because half the force lives on the north shore. They pay a set fee monthly and they get unlimited milage ,gas,oil,tires,insurance regardless of where they live.

What's the matter? You guys too good to live with all of the Mexicans and blacks that moved into Bucktown after Katrina? :rofl:

TheMole68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    Metairie, LA

They actually pay a fee? I'm curious as to what that fee is but happy to hear that they do. Doesn't change the way they drive though.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    What's the matter? You guys too good to live with all of the Mexicans and blacks that moved into Bucktown after Katrina? :rofl:

Boy if that aint a sad commentary. The bulk of JPSO doesn't find the parish safe enough to live in? Its hard to come back from that kind of defeat.

They actually pay a fee? I'm curious as to what that fee is but happy to hear that they do. Doesn't change the way they drive though.

Yeah and for me they behavior the exihibit in the cruisers is the biggest sticking point. I was sitting in a resturant on the north shore and observed a jpso pull up window down smoking a cig. when he finishes it he flicks it in the parking lot.

And I'm sure someone will decry my "anti-cop" point of view but I would be ticketed with wreckless driving if they saw me doing things I have seen many officers do.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Yeah and for me they behavior the exihibit in the cruisers is the biggest sticking point. I was sitting in a resturant on the north shore and observed a jpso pull up window down smoking a cig. when he finishes it he flicks it in the parking lot.

Man, I hope you are embellishing! :(

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    There is a menace on the Causeway bridge, who drives every morning to Metairie and back across the lake every day. The ***hat is reckless and will get someone killed one day. When I first encountered this moron in his Nissan 370 Z, he was barreling down the 45 mph highway at 60ish mph, only for me to catch back up to him at the next red light.... One day he must have been running late and he blew past me. He was traveling fast enough that my vehicle shook slightly. It's not uncommon to be traveling 70 mph and have other vehicles passing in the morning between 6am and 7am, so I would assume he was traveling over 75 mph.

56061571.jpg

For seriouslies, this guy was going at least 5 mph faster than me. :rolleyes:

This is typical "everyone slower, a moron, and everyone faster, a maniac."

Granted, 370Z driver sounds like typical 370Z driver, a hot headed dipshit.

I wish reckless driving was actually enforced. It's so much easier for cops to set up and tag safe drivers for trying to get to work or get home a little quicker.

Speed limits are so slow, that on the Causeway with so much speed enforcement, it's hard not to text, fiddle with a GPS, eat a sandwich, read a book, whatever. Absolutely mind-numbing.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    wardt
    Top Bottom