Causeway Menace

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

Come to Wal-Mart with us. :D

She has the hatred for people who walk all through Wal-Mart with a buggy but get too tired to return it to the bin. And she doesn't mind you hearing how she feels about it. I have told her again and again shes gonna get some dumb sob killed one day.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    56061571.jpg

For seriouslies, this guy was going at least 5 mph faster than me. :rolleyes:

This is typical "everyone slower, a moron, and everyone faster, a maniac."

Granted, 370Z driver sounds like typical 370Z driver, a hot headed dipshit.

I wish reckless driving was actually enforced. It's so much easier for cops to set up and tag safe drivers for trying to get to work or get home a little quicker.

Speed limits are so slow, that on the Causeway with so much speed enforcement, it's hard not to text, fiddle with a GPS, eat a sandwich, read a book, whatever. Absolutely mind-numbing.

I PM'd you his license plate "number" so you can see my point.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    True Dis^!

This place has some real winners! The most outrageous thing that I had to adapt to when I first got here was the "inside and under move" when two retards are coming to an intersection head-on (opposing traffic), and both wanting to make a left turn, and BOTH instinctively do the wrong thing by cutting under each other! :ugh:

How do they all know to do the wrong thing all the time here? It's almost as if the driving test here is different than any place else! When I do the method I was taught and correct, the "outside around move", they look at me like I am the retard!

I forgot to mention; I bet there are Baton Rouge people that have read this^ and were thinking; "Hey! I do that!" :redfinger:

I never understood that when I moved here. I try to pull past them when I make my left, so we can both see oncoming traffic, and they just stop, turn towards me, and look/honk. I've mentioned to people taught to drive why do they do this, and they say that is how they are taught, and they seem very confused by why you would pull past someone when making a left. Those that do see the benefit of being able to see oncoming traffic when making a left across it just tell me that will never work here.

Stoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 29, 2014
    NOLA
    No thanks, sounds scary.

Come to Wal-Mart with us. :D

She has the hatred for people who walk all through Wal-Mart with a buggy but get too tired to return it to the bin. And she doesn't mind you hearing how she feels about it. I have told her again and again shes gonna get some dumb sob killed one day.

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Just an FYI for some people (this may not pertain here) the left lane is for PASSING. If you are being tailgated or let alone have someone behind you then you are obstructing traffic. Understand how our roadways were modeled, pass and get the hell over. No, I don't care if you're going 100 in a 70, again, pass and get over. If someone is approaching in the the passing lane then they are obviously going faster than you are...do not obstruct them.
    Why are some of the simplest concepts often the most difficult for people to grasp?

BlueShamu

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    D'town
    My pet peeve.....people that don't know how to use their cruise control on the interstate.....pass you up, get in front of you, then, slow down! WTH?!?! Then, you step out into the passing lane....AND THEY SPEED UP!!!

Most liberals seem to suffer from the same mental condition....it's called stupidity!

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    My pet peeve.....people that don't know how to use their cruise control on the interstate.....pass you up, get in front of you, then, slow down! WTH?!?! Then, you step out into the passing lane....AND THEY SPEED UP!!!

Most liberals seem to suffer from the same mental condition....it's called stupidity!

This one burns me up. Happens to me all the time.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Just an FYI for some people (this may not pertain here) the left lane is for PASSING. If you are being tailgated or let alone have someone behind you then you are obstructing traffic. Understand how our roadways were modeled, pass and get the hell over. No, I don't care if you're going 100 in a 70, again, pass and get over. If someone is approaching in the the passing lane then they are obviously going faster than you are...do not obstruct them.
    Why are some of the simplest concepts often the most difficult for people to grasp?

See I agrre with this except in rush hour. For example neither the causeway nor the spillway bridges were designed to flow the amount of traffic that they flow during rush hours and use the left lane exclusively for passing. If you see my white f150 on either bridge and you come barreling up behind me while I'm consistantly passing people and there are another 1,000 cars and trucks in front of me keeping the same pace, dont get all pissed off race up and take my safe following distance as a space for your little car.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    A few weeks ago there was a woman next to me on the spillway in a state vehicle doing the usual 80ish while painting her nails...

While I hate driving the causeway as much as anyone I despise Baton Rouge traffic. Yesterday coming back from Lafayette it took me over an hour to get across the bridge and through Baton Rouge.

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner

I love when they do this just to get off at the next exit !!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Aside from the sheer self absorption and self involvement a pile of dung that does this^ must be caught up in, is the mere fact that the idiot does not know what the circumstance is that ANYONE else may be in to have to drive passed them. YOU SELF IMPORTANT A-HOLES need to move out of the F'n way! I could have a medical emergency in my vehicle you clowns!

If you want to help the State Police by taking it upon yourself to impede others' progress and speed, go enroll at the academy!

This is a good one Metry! I have often pondered this too; and then I have thought about bumping them into the swamps shortly thereafter!

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

These people that you describe here are the poster children for the psychologically damaged. It is hard to just call these types names here; they are REALLY messed up. Do you know the level of douche a person needs to be to consciously do this?

I'm getting mad just sitting here thinking about it!

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    These people that you describe here are the poster children for the psychologically damaged. It is hard to just call these types names here; they are REALLY messed up. Do you know the level of douche a person needs to be to consciously do this?

I'm getting mad just sitting here thinking about it!

Easy now. No need to get all pissed off on a Friday morning the week is basically done.

Unless you will end up like me and putting in a few hours on saturday too.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I never understood that when I moved here. I try to pull past them when I make my left, so we can both see oncoming traffic, and they just stop, turn towards me, and look/honk. I've mentioned to people taught to drive why do they do this, and they say that is how they are taught, and they seem very confused by why you would pull past someone when making a left. Those that do see the benefit of being able to see oncoming traffic when making a left across it just tell me that will never work here.

I hear you GM. I have a constant crick in my neck from shaking my head at this so many times! :D

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    ooooooooooooo, I forgot about what I hate the most! The stop light honker! as soon as the light turns green, before I can get my foot off the brake, sometimes even as I am rolling forward already, someone down the line behind you starts honking. Not like a "hey, it's been a few seconds, perhaps he spaced out, I'll just give him a toot" but an as soon as it turns from red to green, HONK! We all saw it to butthole.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    ooooooooooooo, I forgot about what I hate the most! The stop light honker! as soon as the light turns green, before I can get my foot off the brake, sometimes even as I am rolling forward already, someone down the line behind you starts honking. Not like a "hey, it's been a few seconds, perhaps he spaced out, I'll just give him a toot" but an as soon as it turns from red to green, HONK! We all saw it to butthole.

Now hold on there Gm! If you dilly dally at the left turn light on Highland and Old Perkins; you could be construed as a semi-douche! :dunno: Judgment call!

Don't even talk about the one coming out of the Home Depot next to the Church's Chicken and Gas! The traffic boob that timed that one, must have done that for laughs. You can't blink or you'll miss that one.

Now; that being said, if I detect that I will miss the light because some garbage can is texting at the light and doesn't notice it went green; I WILL lose my **** on that horn! :D

Last edited:

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie

If this happens to you a lot, perhaps your reflexes are rather slow? ;)

In El Paso the mexicans used to do this a lot. Honk when it was still red even.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom