Marskville Shooting (Nov 2015) body cam footage released

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Looks to me like it's from the actual police officer and not the marshal, but I could be wrong.

http://www.wafb.com/clip/12761658/raw-first-part-of-body-cam-footage-from-deadly-marksville-shooting

Body camera footage has been released from the night of a fatal officer-involved shooting in Marksville that resulted in the death of a 6-year-old boy and left his father critically wounded.

The highly controversial case has remained sealed from the public, but according to Max Lindsey, a reporter for the CBS affiliate KALB, a judge ruled Wednesday to release the video to the public.

During the hearing the judge also ruled that the two officers, Norris Greenhouse Jr. and Derrick Stafford, will have separate trials.

The shooting happened Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2015 around 9:30 p.m. Jeremy Mardis died at the scene from multiple gunshot wounds. His father, Chris Few, survived.

Parish investigators initially said marshals were chasing Chris Few because of an outstanding warrant. However, WAFB checked with the Clerk of Court, the District Attorney's Office, Marksville Police Department and City Court and did not find any outstanding warrants. Col. Mike Edmonson said so far, their investigation shows the same.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    That guy wearing the camera isn't involved in the shooting, well at least according to what I read on the Internet.

JR1572

37 seconds into clip (not magazine) the officer extends his right and left hand with a sidearm and begins to fire. Obviously the interwebs lied to you.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    37 seconds into clip (not magazine) the officer extends his right and left hand with a sidearm and begins to fire. Obviously the interwebs lied to you.

Here's another link to an article stating that Parnell didn't fire his weapon.

https://www.google.com/amp/klfy.com...ear-old-boy-to-be-released/amp/?client=safari

People like you have crooked cop on the brain. Stafford and Greenhouse will fry, Parnell is just some poor guy responding to assist and arrives on scene to find himself involved in a shitstorm.

JR1572

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Here's another link to an article stating that Parnell didn't fire his weapon.

https://www.google.com/amp/klfy.com...ear-old-boy-to-be-released/amp/?client=safari

People like you have crooked cop on the brain. Stafford and Greenhouse will fry, Parnell is just some poor guy responding to assist and arrives on scene to find himself involved in a shitstorm.

JR1572

Having watched and re-watched it appears you may be correct. I was specifically watching for recoil. It appears the officer with the body cam drew but didn't fire.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    It's ok, just admit you "saw" what you wanted to see.

JR1572

Wanted to see hell no.

You think I'm some ACLU hippie or whatever, but that's what you want to see. I have no prejudices towards police. Forgive me when I watch a video with Eff'ed up audio and is bouncing around worse than the Blair Witch project, if I mistake someone drawing an gun and not firing it for someone drawing a gun and firing it.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Wanted to see hell no.

You think I'm some ACLU hippie or whatever, but that's what you want to see. I have no prejudices towards police. Forgive me when I watch a video with Eff'ed up audio and is bouncing around worse than the Blair Witch project, if I mistake someone drawing an gun and not firing it for someone drawing a gun and firing it.

If you wasn't sure, why say anything? You sound like a news reporter that just has to be first, not right.

JR1572

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    If you wasn't sure, why say anything? You sound like a news reporter that just has to be first, not right.

JR1572

As you will see across this great land not every one gets it right the first time. I was incorrect in my first assessment of the video. All the bouncing will confuse many people, but yes I was one of them. I watched the third and fourth time specifically focusing on the rear sight of his firearm and I can dectect no recoil.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    So, the attorneys want the most damning evidence removed from the trial...
    Of course they do.
    Looks like they were gonna shoot no matter what. I hope justice is served.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    As a Police officer, and a Use of Force instructor, this is just sickening. i do feel sorry for the police officer assisting to that mess not knowing what exactly was going on. Thankfully for him he did not fire when shots were being fired by the state Marshals.

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    What bothers me is that the police mindset seems to be leaning more toward "if there is any doubt" shoot. I understand that police have family, police get scared and I believe every officer should go home at the end of every night. That being said, I believe the same for firemen and they still take the risk and enter burning buildings to protect the public. If firefighters used the same logic as "if there is any doubt" nobody would be saved from a fire because nobody would ever take the risk to enter a building. The mindset is more of a wartime mindset instead of a peace officer mindset. There are certainly terrible people on the street that wish to do harm, but just as a burning building, that is a risk you except when you put that badge on. I believe you have a commitment to the public to be absolutely sure before pulling a trigger, a commitment that supersedes your own life and the will of your family and friends. To me, that servant mindset is what makes the job noble and respectable. If you would rather kill somebody when you are "not sure" than take the risk to your own life, then you should look into another occupation. I understand this sounds very idealistic, but not everybody is cut out to be a PEACE officer.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    As a Police officer, and a Use of Force instructor, this is just sickening. i do feel sorry for the police officer assisting to that mess not knowing what exactly was going on. Thankfully for him he did not fire when shots were being fired by the state Marshals.

Yeah, crazy how you don't know how bad something is going to turn out.

JR1572

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    What bothers me is that the police mindset seems to be leaning more toward "if there is any doubt" shoot. I understand that police have family, police get scared and I believe every officer should go home at the end of every night. That being said, I believe the same for firemen and they still take the risk and enter burning buildings to protect the public. If firefighters used the same logic as "if there is any doubt" nobody would be saved from a fire because nobody would ever take the risk to enter a building. The mindset is more of a wartime mindset instead of a peace officer mindset. There are certainly terrible people on the street that wish to do harm, but just as a burning building, that is a risk you except when you put that badge on. I believe you have a commitment to the public to be absolutely sure before pulling a trigger, a commitment that supersedes your own life and the will of your family and friends. To me, that servant mindset is what makes the job noble and respectable. If you would rather kill somebody when you are "not sure" than take the risk to your own life, then you should look into another occupation. I understand this sounds very idealistic, but not everybody is cut out to be a PEACE officer.

Careful don't get yourself branded as a cop hater.:mamoru:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Not hating. Just facts of life that the best person for the job doesn't always get the job, and policing is prob one of the hardest jobs to do well.

Yeah and it's a mostly thankless job too, and you are absolutely right. But it seems if you believe in anything strongly and it halfway almost kind of sort of disagrees with a handful of police you are a cop hater or a sovereign citizen or an ACLU shill.

Personally the term sovereign citizen shouldn't be a put down its technically what every adult US citizen with their rights intact is, but hey someone called me a patriot the other day and intended that as a slam too. So what do I know.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom