Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast
    _________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Academy well over 95% sold out.

These pics were posted in a group I'm in. These were taken at an Alabama Academy around Huntsville. I can honestly say this is the first time I've ever seen a store nearly empty of guns and ammo.

(1) Glock 43
    (1) Glock 26
    (2) Springfield Hellcat
    (2) Springfield XD
    Zero ammunition

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Academy 1.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	251.9 KB 
ID:	102349Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Academy 2.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	250.9 KB 
ID:	102350Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Academy 3.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	249.0 KB 
ID:	102351

Marksman

User Info Menu

I'm not surprised. With all that's going on and with the Democrats in power, this is going to be the norm. I remember the Obama days when it looked like this at all of the gun stores, regular $500 AR-15s were selling for $1,500 and PMAGs were going for $30-40 per mag. Stock up on guns while you can.

enthusiast

User Info Menu

Last time I was at the academy in the westbank, the ENTIRE ammo aisle was without ammo, except for some non-popular hunting rounds. ZERO 5.56, pistol ammunition, .308 etc
    Stephen

Marksman

User Info Menu

The academy on juban has looked like this for the last couple weeks. Ive been in there a couple times. There was 6 handguns and maybe the same number of long guns. Mostly just a few cheap shotguns and think maybe a savage axis

enthusiast

User Info Menu

I saw a lady wanting a gun. There wasn't very many options so the guy literally grabs one of the few long guns left on the shelf. It was a double barrel shotgun, for a ~40 year old lady.
    Stephen

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sksshooter View Post
    The academy on juban has looked like this for the last couple weeks. Ive been in there a couple times. There was 6 handguns and maybe the same number of long guns. Mostly just a few cheap shotguns and think maybe a savage axis
    That sounds about right. All of the North Shore Academy stores are like that.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Took this picture yesterday in Lafayette
    Wasn't at no stinking Academy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210115_113611.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	250.5 KB 
ID:	102352  
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Magazines are abundant. Ammunition and Firearms, not so much.

Sic semper tyrannis

User Info Menu

If yall get tired of trying to hit academy come see me at Gretna Gun Works. Today we were all hands on deck. We had about 8 guys helping people at all times. As soon as guns came off the trucks people were buying. I feel like every time I looked someone was restocking ammo. It was insane. Reminds me of back in March when all this sh!t started getting crazy. This ain't slowing down anytime soon fellas. Get what you need to get right now if possible before its even more expensive later on.

We have 50rd boxes of Fiocchi 223 fmj 55gr ammo, 9mm, 40s&w, some other common handgun calibers, shotgun shells, pmags. We also have guns. We just got in about 15-20 LWRC rifles. We have Lancer ARs, a couple Rugers and deltons. We have a couple Radical ar pistols in 556. We have quite a few HK VP9s of different variations, a few glock 17 gen 3, FN509, CZs, etc.

And yea as you could probably assume some of it is more expensive than usual. We coughed up for most of it just like everybody else, but hey we have it of you need it.
    Last edited by rcm192; January 16th, 2021 at 10:51 PM.
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

I like guns because they're f*cking awesome.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

That’s the rub. You can get it if you pay for it.

The big box stores selling things at old prices can’t get anything restocked.

I’m in an odd predicament, because the ammo that I do want either can’t be found or is selling at a 500% markup.