Academy well over 95% sold out.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    Its literally been like that for months at Academy in Covington, LA. They've had maybe a few more guns available then that, but absolutely no rifle ammo, including .22lr, no pistol ammo, no buckshot, for months! You can find some birdshot last I went but that was it. And its been like that for MONTHS! Academy about to stop selling as soon as legislation drops anyway. I don't think they are buying anymore. I also think the Manufacturers are full of BS, their story is that they are having trouble sourcing and trouble keeping up with demand, but they are working as hard as they can. I think the real story is THEY ARE PRODUCING 0 AMMUNITION. I have not seen any new ammo in months, on ammo seek, no ones getting it. Remington UMC Winchester White box, Federal American Eagle, Hornady critical defense, Sig performance center, Hornady Black, etc etc the usual suspects, have not seen anywhere in months, I am convinced they aren't making it anymore.

Cleburne

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    I refuse to bow to the scum sucking A holes on line selling guns and ammo at 300% above retail- yes on this site -yes I know it's supply and demand and a little profit is OK-but this is way pass stupid-and think these are the same people that may want a favor from you in the future-remember what's going on don't forget these A holes are not one of us(gun people) they are profiteers and will turn on you first chance they get--in life your either part of the problem or part of the solution

Agree 1,000%!

Cleburne

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    I work at my local Academy. We do get shipments of firearms and ammunition on a regular basis. However oftentimes, shipments are very small. The store cannot order specific items, we get what's sent to us. There is always an influx of folks once the doors open, and they head straight for the ammo isle. So it's best to be there early. But one thing I can assure everyone of ... Academy does not price gouge! All ammo is expensive these days, but Academy does NOT take advantage of the situation.

Cleburne

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    Lol, I find it alarming the amount of people with little to no ammo...It's not like we haven't been down this road several times?

Agree. However not all gun owners are regular shooters. And those that aren't were not initially aware of the effect politics plays on availability. Plus, take into account there are said to be 6.5 million new gun owners that are looking for ammo all at the same time.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Ah cant find no 45s 32s,22s.
    Someone hold my hand and I dropped my nook on the floor sniff sniff

Attachments

• 20210120_114032.jpg
      20210120_114032.jpg
      227.1 KB · Views: 82
    • 20210120_113951.jpg
      20210120_113951.jpg
      234.4 KB · Views: 85
    • 20210120_113715.jpg
      20210120_113715.jpg
      241 KB · Views: 82
    Last edited:

jessopher

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    covington
    Got this dropped off the other day, 100k rounds of 5.56, was sold before we even got the pallet unloaded.

Attachments

• IMG_20210115_150655383_HDR.jpg
      IMG_20210115_150655383_HDR.jpg
      255.5 KB · Views: 76

Aurellevi

Intermediate
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Oct 1, 2013
    Denham Springs
    Today's handgun inventory at Academy in Denham
    As of 12:15 pm.

(2) heritage .22 revolvers
    (1) canik tp9 elite sc
    (1) Ruger 5.7.

Scratch that... the canik is gone lol

20210120_144900.jpg

Last edited:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Ive been traveling this week for work and the academy’s I’ve been stopping at in Mississippi have a nice selection in guns but limited ammo. I was still able to get some .22 and buckshot from the Mississippi academies but not much luck on other calibers. Crazy to see the amount of guns they have and the quality of them as wel compared to our academy’s here in Louisiana.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Its literally been like that for months at Academy in Covington, LA. They've had maybe a few more guns available then that, but absolutely no rifle ammo, including .22lr, no pistol ammo, no buckshot, for months! You can find some birdshot last I went but that was it. And its been like that for MONTHS! Academy about to stop selling as soon as legislation drops anyway. I don't think they are buying anymore. I also think the Manufacturers are full of BS, their story is that they are having trouble sourcing and trouble keeping up with demand, but they are working as hard as they can. I think the real story is THEY ARE PRODUCING 0 AMMUNITION. I have not seen any new ammo in months, on ammo seek, no ones getting it. Remington UMC Winchester White box, Federal American Eagle, Hornady critical defense, Sig performance center, Hornady Black, etc etc the usual suspects, have not seen anywhere in months, I am convinced they aren't making it anymore.

The Academy gets ammo shipments twice a week. People are in line at 7:30 for the 9:00 opening and in 15 minutes it is all gone, that is why there is none on the shelves.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Dropped off the pooch to get groomed at 8:15, shot over to academy and at 8:35 I was 17th in line. At 8:45 the manager, who had a Come and Take It mask on announced he only had 3 boxes of .30carbine, 4 of .17 and 3 6.5cm. Rough count at 8:45 was 75+ people in line. Two Asian ladies were first in line in folding chairs with blankets and backpacks. No telling how long they had been there. It’s crazy. I was close by and just took a shot but struck out.

jessopher

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    covington
    I guess those not within the industry are starting to realize the scope of what is going on, slowly but surely. We used to supply academy so are very familiar with dealing with them and other large retailers. The reason why for the past year while everyone else was "price gouging" and you could still stand in line at academy and get ammo for a reasonable unaffected cost was because of contractual obligations that were already put in place. They tried several techniques to string that supply out as long as they could but guess what, have you noticed the trend lately? Smaller boxes,fewer quantity, sliding prices and availability... We get our ammo directly from manufacturers and the prices are up across the board for everyone. In order to secure more supply everyone has to pay more and it isn't going down anytime soon and prices will likely never be as low as the pre-coivd times, especially if importation bans happen to take place or ammo specific tax increase. We are looking at lasting changes in the industry. For those that say well heck I can reload for less, well then just reload. We will hear people starting sentences with "well used to be" and "used to get" for a long time coming.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I guess those not within the industry are starting to realize the scope of what is going on, slowly but surely. We used to supply academy so are very familiar with dealing with them and other large retailers. The reason why for the past year while everyone else was "price gouging" and you could still stand in line at academy and get ammo for a reasonable unaffected cost was because of contractual obligations that were already put in place. They tried several techniques to string that supply out as long as they could but guess what, have you noticed the trend lately? Smaller boxes,fewer quantity, sliding prices and availability... We get our ammo directly from manufacturers and the prices are up across the board for everyone. In order to secure more supply everyone has to pay more and it isn't going down anytime soon and prices will likely never be as low as the pre-coivd times, especially if importation bans happen to take place or ammo specific tax increase. We are looking at lasting changes in the industry. For those that say well heck I can reload for less, well then just reload. We will hear people starting sentences with "well used to be" and "used to get" for a long time coming.

Where was that 100k pallet at?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Alfred92
    Top Bottom