Knife in your pocket now.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I think it would be great to see everyone's blades. So I suggest a picture thread showing what blade/s your carrying and what you think about the blade/s. I will be first

Currently Carrying:

2 USA made blades......

Chris Reeve Umnumzaan

Two titanium scales, frame lock, and s30v hollow ground blade. I love the blade shape especially the two finger ramps which allow for the user to choke up as well as the glass breaker at the top of the blade when folded. however, I dislike the small somewhat sharp edge on the frame lock scale side.

Case Folder

One of my grandfathers small folders I use this usually in public especially when I think some idiot is going to be intimidated by my Umnumzaan.:crazy: The tip was broken so I reprofiled it using a Spyderco Sharpmaker.

Umnum.jpg

Umnum%20and%20Case%201.jpg

Umnum%20and%20Case%202.jpg

Show us what your sporting and tell us what you think about it.....

Last edited:

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    http://www.bladeops.com/Spyderco-Para-Military-Manual-Folder-Knife-Plain-p/SC81GP.htm

i picked this up at a gun show a few months back, prior to this one i carried a ckt m16-0z

i prefer the spyderco, i like the hinge being on the top and find the little thumb hole super handy...she really could use a sharpening though :/

i think my next knife purchase, i will have to get my first benchmade. this was my first spyderco and have since purchased a second, but this is still my edc

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Kershaw-Clash-1605-600x500.jpg

Kershaw Clash
    USA Made - Chinese Steel Blade
    Liner Lock - Assister Opening

Bought it to see if 8Cr13Mov was any good and to see if I would like an AO knife without spending a ton of cash. I had enough points left on my Bass Pro Gold card to get it. It's a good beater knife if you don't want to ruin a spyderco or higher end kershaw. S30V is about the most expensive steel I will buy into. Opens extremely fast for a cheap knife. Ken Onion design with speed safe AO. This could easily be a great design if it weren't for the 8Cr13Mov, lack of a thumbstud, and scale material.

My thoughts on the 8Cr13Mov:
    A million times better than 420, 440, AUS-6, or AUS-8. Simple to sharpen and holds an edge fairly well for a good period of time even with heavy use. I haven't broken it yet ( although I do use my knife properly ), but my friend has the same knife and somehow managed to bend about an 1/8" of the tip about 60*. I'm surprised it didn't snap.

Still waiting on a Bayoushooter spyderco... :mamoru:

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I use to carry a CRKT M-16 for years but now it won't hold an edge.

I recently replaced it with a Gerber Covert Mini and am pretty happy with it.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    I also have a Case Sodbuster that I dearly love, however I never carry it due to the fact it doesn't have a lock blade and I would probably amputate an appendage if I tried to use it in the manner I use the others.

41Ml05CMfdL._AA1200_.jpg

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    SureFire Delta Folder..

181607_1553459797009_1250600390_31217852_287591_n.jpg

You and Nolacop carry those things huh. When I took the CHP class he offered he showed us his blade. What do you think about that thing and have you compared it to any other blades in the same price range because at 400+ bucks you can get some pretty amazing stuff. Is it actually manufactured by surefire or was it designed by surefire and manufactured by a knife company and sold under the surefire name?

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Currently I have a Spyderco Tenacious and a Kershaw Leek in my pocket. Those are my two most common carry knives, and when I am at work, I have both with me at all times.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Right now a Al Mar SERE. When I am out and about I tote the Al Mar and a Spyderco Para-Military. The Para is flatter so it goes in my waist band.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom