Knife in your pocket now.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    You and Nolacop carry those things huh. When I took the CHP class he offered he showed us his blade. What do you think about that thing and have you compared it to any other blades in the same price range because at 400+ bucks you can get some pretty amazing stuff. Is it actually manufactured by surefire or was it designed by surefire and manufactured by a knife company and sold under the surefire name?

I am not a knife guy, so i cannot really speak to comparative quality. It is a knife. It cuts **** when i need **** cut. It was a gift. As nice as it is, no way i would pay 400.00 for ANY knife unless it ran on solar power, could read my mind, and auto respond on BS.com anytime someone dared to speak trash about a LEO. ;)

For years carried a gerber EZ-Out. Then I had a small benchmade, and now this. i really like it though at first i thought it to be a little large for picket carry. i have gotten used to it and like it very much now.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    When you get into the knife world, people can tell the difference between a knife like gun guys can tell the difference between a taurus 1911 and a wilson combat 1911. The way you are saying "they both cut ****" is like saying both 1911's will "shoot ****". Which is true, they both will... but I'm sure you would rather a Wilson Combat over a Taurus.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    When you get into the knife world, people can tell the difference between a knife like gun guys can tell the difference between a taurus 1911 and a wilson combat 1911. The way you are saying "they both cut ****" is like saying both 1911's will "shoot ****". Which is true, they both will... but I'm sure you would rather a Wilson Combat over a Taurus.

No dount.

i wish i knew more about all the metals and stuff.

Same thing with flashlight guys.

It is amazing the depth of the minutia you can get into about certain fauna of gear.:)

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I can't carry big folders anymore. I used to pocket carry an Emerson Mini-Commander. I loved it. It's a great knife but its too beefy.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    90% of the time it's an SOG Aegis. It's big, sharp, opens fast and is light enough to forget it's there. What's not to like? :D

826702-1.jpg

The other 10% it's a Benchmade Mini Griptilian.

bM553SBT.jpg

In case you didn't notice, I like black partially serated tantos. :)

In addition I also carry an SOG Paratool daily.

pic1.jpg

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    a cheap S&W folder. and a SOG micro attached somewhere on my key ring

I have a mora knife coming in, so I may try to find a convenient way to carry a fixed blade soon

Last edited:

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    chris reeve umnumzaann and/or sog twitch ii lovely gift from a great friend. only time i've ever had an issues w/ umnumzaan sized blade was in a "gentleman's" club in Houston and in nola, but in Houston they held it form me, in NOLA, somehow they "didn't" notice it.

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    I carry my benchmade griptillian its my cheap thumper knife. Dont have anything bad to say about. It opens fast is a smooth as butter locks up tight keeps a edge very well cutting through plastic packaging and cardboard box. Pretty easy to get back sharp when needed and its only 100 bucks.

IMG_0851.jpg

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Been carrying this sypderco for at least 15yrs.
    I originally bought it when I was working summers at Boy Scout summer camps. I needed something that I could open one-handed and still cut through 1/4" hemp rope with one swipe every time and not need much care.
    5EyOE9NOj_YiRACt2JVfjIE6GffiirN-92rybziJ2cv5LObJm-Ftod80U-ppxzd-xzZZlcrw3j7nvsMnMdpG3b3a8te6l8mu2iB9gligUI7WTSUK7wRK3RZHIF5_CC57VGDkiMbujg

I had to switch to another brand when I started wearing dress slacks to work. The plastic clip on the sypderco fits better on thick fabrics like jeans and such. Got a little gerber clip knife as a gift a while back. It has a metal clip, so it holds to slacks better. Mine is similar to the one in the middle...
    sevier%20034.JPG

For the last few years...I've been carrying one very similar to this....
    It's spring assisted opening, with a glass breaker, seatbelt cutter & half serrated blade..
    ao-ems-rescue-knife-a2afd.jpg

Last edited:

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    What's the old saying? Go big, or don't go at all?

I carry a Spyderco Military....Mine is an older model (9 years old to be exact) - CPM 440V steel (way better than the current S30V IMO) with a plain edge....It was a gift from my wife. :D

Over the years I have bought several dozen other Spyderco folders but I've always come back to this one. It never leaves my pocket now...

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    You can still get Sprint Run Militarys in the 440V. Whether or not its better is a matter of taste but I just picked one up last year. I like the edge you can put on a 440V Blade but I prefer the ease of sharpening of the S30V. I used to like a big blade in my pocket but as the number of things I carried got bigger my blades got smaller.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Are you sure you don't mean S90V?

They dropped 440V (S60V) from their line-up quite a few years ago....

Yah I think he means S90v They had a run with the military, paramilitary 2, and manix 2 in s90v all with carbon fiber handles. Three of the most sought after spyderco blades. If you don't include the sprint M4 military which I would love to get my hands on... It has a titanium and g-10 scale with a frame lock that has a steel insert in the tip of the lock to prevent wear. The s90v has an even high vanadium content then the 60v so is even more wear resistant.

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    I carry....

I carry one of 3 knives:

The Benchmade Mini-Rukus. Satin, Combo blade:

xbenchmade_knives_benchmade_rukus_mini_rukus_knife.jpg.pagespeed.ic.btKlFtGHM5.jpg

The Benchmade Kulgera: Satin, plain edge:

BM930P.jpg

and the Benchmade Axis. Mine is Black combo blade, and is not an auto (like in the picture.)

bm5000.jpg

rhino74s

biker scout
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Hammond
    I've been carrying the Kershaw Skyline for awhile now.
    Inexpensive, very sharp out of the box, quick open. It has come in really handy as an everyday carry.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom