Knife in your pocket now.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Work: SOG-Tac Auto, big, fast, holds an edge forever.
    sogsogtacst03.jpg

Off: Sog Flash I, small, fast, only had it a month but so far I like it.
    flashiblack.jpg

I have a Microtech UTX-70 OTF, but I don't like carrying it because the pocket clip doesn't keep it very secure, don't want to lose a $200 knife.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Switched it up to this today. Spyderco Bob Lum Titanium with Spanto regrind and a Boker Subcom. As you can see on the Boker Subcom there is pitting in the finish which allows for surface rust to occur. That is extremely aggravating but won't do any damage to the blade.

Bob%20Lum%20Spanto%20and%20Boker.JPG

Last edited:

deadidunn

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Hineston, LA
    carrying a small gerber covert lately. But, I carry a Case mini-trapper or an Uncle Henry Trapper (from when the metal was made in USA) during any hunting seasons, as they are my skinning knives. I just got a red bone handle Case Trapper for Valentines, so I will carry it around most probably. Clip knives always seem to scratch my hands when I have them in my front pockets and I have had one catch on my truck seat and rip it, so I tend not to carry them often.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I carry one of a pair of spydercos either a 3.5" or a 1.5". Both have the wave pattern blade. Don't remember the names though. They work, and they're not too expensive if they get lost.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Which knife is this? Axis is the opening system if I'm reading right, notthe model. I like this knife! Help!
    Could possibly replace my delica/endura that I carry depending on needs.

and the Benchmade Axis. Mine is Black combo blade, and is not an auto (like in the picture.)

bm5000.jpg

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    OK, I normally carry several, I came across a sale on a run of Smith and Wesson Knives when I was at the Smokey Mountain Knife Works in Gatlinburg a couple of years ago. Bought a few of the HRT in Urban Camo. They are actually pretty good for the price, would not be upset if I broke a tip or lost one. As you can see by the blade, it is used often, in fact, in need to put an edge on it now.

The other knife is a knife I carry on special occasions. It is a Spyderco Endura full serrated that I bought during Desert Storm while serving in the Air Force. This one has the original plastic clip and it is still fully intact. I did break the very edge of the tip off on the hangar floor and had a professional knifesmith even it all up. Tried to send it back to Spyderco, but they no longer make it in fully serrated. They would have sent it back with a 50/50 blade. Of course this is a sentimental knife. The blade is so sharp it will cut your fingers just thinking about it. When I used to play with it a lot, I carried band aids.\\

Last edited:

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Which knife is this? Axis is the opening system if I'm reading right, notthe model. I like this knife! Help!
    Could possibly replace my delica/endura that I carry depending on needs.

Axis lock is a locking mechanism similar to your delica/endura's back lock. Several manufacture's make knives that utilize the axis lock. Spyderco acutally just released a Sage III which uses the axis lock. The sage series of spyderco knives gives props to the various knife lock creators. Sage I was a michael walker liner lock, Sage II was a chris reeve integral lock (frame lock), and the Sage III was the axis lock I don't remember who created it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom