Behavior issues? Not any more!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Yeah. The gut punch was one of those "ohhh....." but still funny moments.

It's called spankings, though. "My child is so out of control, they don't listen, they throw fits.... it's like putting them in time out doesn't even help. Do I discipline them? Oh no... that's not nice and breeds violence in our children."

If my son screamed like that and threw a fit because he couldn't have a popsicle, he'd be getting some special one-on-one time.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340194370.858358.jpg

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Wheres the like button on here. +1 to having a good set of parenting skills and not being afraid to use em.

It's the way I was raised and the way I will raise my kids. As long as you're not inflicting lasting harm on a child (verbal or physical) you're good and the child will be better for it.

I have several cousins whose parents thought it was wrong to spank them... fast forward to today and they're all dealing with drug issues, alcohol issues, inability to hold a job, etc.

My kids are my entire world, but I'm not doing them any favors if I'm not teaching them right from wrong and the consequences that go with the wrong.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Just use this! Cheap! Legal! Works!

melatonin-lancastria.jpg

We use the liquid drops
    oups-pardon-9877.gif

But only on our eldest :D …so far…

Here's why;
    Dude could play outside ALL DAY until Dark and STILL not want to go to sleep. When he did he’d never really fall into deep sleep.
    He also stopped taking naps around 2 years old, only takes one now on RARE occasion. He still has to lay down for an hour, but he doesn’t sleep. Just lays there with a clock in his hand waiting for it to get to 3:00 lol

These drops helped him develop a night time pattern though, of when to slow down and go to sleep. Basically training his brain when to initiate bed time.

After a few/several months, dude was on his own schedule. Now (Almost 6) he's OUT from 8 to 8 !!!

Funny story; on the weekends I let him watch a movie in his bed once it’s bed time. He always gets all pumped up about it......never makes it though the opening previews :rofl:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    We use the liquid drops
    oups-pardon-9877.gif

Here's why;
    Dude could play outside ALL DAY until Dark and STILL not want to go to sleep. When he did he’d never really fall into deep sleep.
    He also stopped taking naps around 2 years old, only takes one now on RARE occasion. He still has to lay down for an hour, but he doesn’t sleep. Just lays there with a clock in his hand waiting for it to get to 3:00 lol

These drops helped him develop a night time pattern though, of when to slow down and go to sleep. Basically training his brain when to initiate bed time.

After a few/several months, dude was on his own schedule. Now (Almost 6) he's OUT from 8 to 8 !!!

Funny story; on the weekends I let him watch a movie in his bed once it’s bed time. He always gets all pumped up about it......never makes it though the opening previews :rofl:

Down with you!

My youngest is just a few more episodes from me bringing him to the Area 51 of sleep disorder studies. :dunno:

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    We use the liquid drops
    oups-pardon-9877.gif

Here's why;

Haha. That's awesome. We're hitting that stage with my son (4.5). He's slowly not taking naps, but we still make him go be quiet in his room for a while. If we get him out and playing all morning, he'll take one, though.

He sleeps pretty good at night. Goes to bed around 8, comes to our bed around 5, and sleeps until I get up for the gym. I'm going to miss the little guy climbing in bed with us when he's older.

Top Bottom