Embassies under attack!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Just so ya'll will have some idea of what it is like out here. The past few days we have had bad dust/sand storms and visibility is down to about 500yds. There is a drawdown so not every post is properly manned. Also you have to remember, they have all the time in the world, we are in there backyard. They also started the whole melee with rockets and mortars which helped to distract some.

BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    Plus most of the Helmand River Valley Taliban have The Stalker Pro Perk and walk right past the Sentry Guns.

I had no idea what this was, and admit to having to search it online.
    Sadly, a large portion of the public sees the military situation overseas as simply as they do a console game. I can't tell you how many times I've heard someone say, "It's so realistic, exactly like the real thing!"

On another note, to the members overseas now, be careful, stay alert, and know there are a lot of us back home praying each night for your safety.

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    Just so ya'll will have some idea of what it is like out here. The past few days we have had bad dust/sand storms and visibility is down to about 500yds. There is a drawdown so not every post is properly manned. Also you have to remember, they have all the time in the world, we are in there backyard. They also started the whole melee with rockets and mortars which helped to distract some.

not sure where you are brother but just heard last night that camp bastion got over run by 15 taliban with small arms, RPGs and suicide vests and destroyed a bunch of jets and helos on the flight line. 2 marines were killed and a few coalition forces were injured. keep your head on a swivel man

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/15/world/asia/afghanistan-fatal-attack/index.html

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I had no idea what this was, and admit to having to search it online.
    Sadly, a large portion of the public sees the military situation overseas as simply as they do a console game. I can't tell you how many times I've heard someone say, "It's so realistic, exactly like the real thing!"

On another note, to the members overseas now, be careful, stay alert, and know there are a lot of us back home praying each night for your safety.

Well it was mentioned here a while back. The Main Stream Media ignores the sacrifices of our Troops everyday overseas and therefore so many Americans do the same. Then they report that Americans don't care about the War.

There is a huge disconnect between what's going on with the troops overseas and folks stateside. I mean take a look back in this thread as evidence to that.

I pray for them and their families every Monday with a list I get from the OEF Icasualites.org website.

BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    I think the largest disconnect with the public comes in the form of ignorance.

The majority of Americans equate all middle easterners as Taliban, Ragheads and terrorists. They have very little understanding of the cultural differences between the groups.

The easiest way to compare it would be a foreign populace seeing no difference in ideology between a 50 year old republican from the outskirts of Baton Rouge and a 19 year old democrat Liberal Arts student from San Fransico.

Most Americans just don't want to bother with actually understanding the situation.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I think the largest disconnect with the public comes in the form of ignorance.

The majority of Americans equate all middle easterners as Taliban, Ragheads and terrorists. They have very little understanding of the cultural differences between the groups.

The easiest way to compare it would be a foreign populace seeing no difference in ideology between a 50 year old republican from the outskirts of Baton Rouge and a 19 year old democrat Liberal Arts student from San Fransico.

Most Americans just don't want to bother with actually understanding the situation.
    Sadly the examples of this are rampant in this thread.

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette

Hey Booseman,
    I pray for all of you guys every night. I just hope it does not get so bad that everyone turns on you guys and you have to fight your way out of country. Good luck, safe deployment and return. Chris

jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula

I'll send this out to u if you need it to protect yourself. It belongs to a member on bs, I am sure he won't mind.

Seruously, stay safe, we have an appointment at the range in LC When u get back. The World is a crazy place.

nadu9ypa.jpg

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I'll send this out to u if you need it to protect yourself. It belongs to a member on bs, I am sure he won't mind.

Seruously, stay safe, we have an appointment at the range in LC When u get back. The World is a crazy place.

nadu9ypa.jpg

We need to talk about B-Day stuff!!!! The wife asked what I wanted!!! Now she is in trouble.

Thinking M1A or something along those lines. Or maybe the VTAC pistol and a 19. Feeling a little froggy!!!

jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    We need to talk about B-Day stuff!!!! The wife asked what I wanted!!! Now she is in trouble.

Thinking M1A or something along those lines. Or maybe the VTAC pistol and a 19. Feeling a little froggy!!!

Mike at pelicAN pawn had a new m1a awhile back. He May still have it.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    < http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19680785

This is the people of Bhenghazi, who all hate us, ransacking the militia who killed the Ambassador, and lynching its members.

Oh nate, that is just a coincidence, it has nothing to do with them actually supporting us, someone saw them eating a ham sandwich and you know how those crazy moozlems are. Like throwing a torch on a powder keg.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Yep with 22 MEU 2004 1/6 BLT

but b/c I was Ghost Recon, no one knew I was there, not even my team :D

Had I not had on my invisible cloaking device they’d have surely slit my throat. Thank God I had enough AA batteries for it to work almost 24 hours a day/.

Seriously though, these guys have no clue just how many Locals actually perform jobs over there that are beneficial some even VITAL to the daily process of War Fighting. They do so willingly and as VG said, many haven given their life for their country while serving at these jobs.

I think people tend to forget too that these people are fighting in their own backyard. Imagine Fighting in New Orleans for 6 weeks, Then you get a week R&R back at your home in Shreveport. That’s the basic equivalent of what most of these guys are facing.

The guys they are KILLING look like them, talk like them, Pray to the same god as them, speak the same language and have every other feature and tradition JUST LIKE THEMSELVES. I know it’s not possible to really grasp that for some here but just TRY and imagine that just for a second.

Yea you quoted me too quick, I wasn't finished :D

Oh and I had a Father of 7 fighting next to me for months in Fallujah, he would constantly try and place himself between me and whatever threat we were facing at the time, all b/c I was married but didn't have a kid. He was concerened I wouldn't be able to make it back and father a child.

How's that for hate and throat slitting.

Another guy made Chi and warmed foot bread with honey spread EVERY morning for breakfast for just he and I. He was killed there in Fallujah in a Fire Fight, but he didn't die with a Full Mag I'll tell you that.

I've got countless stories similar to these. I doubt they'll change some folks minds though.

I'm a hater, but I can be persuaded. My personal experience, from Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, is that they don't like us. Not at all. I never met a friendly indigenous person over there. Not a one. Y'all keep posting. I'm reading. Perhaps, maybe, you'll change one mind.

Top Bottom