Embassies under attack!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    I'm'a jump in here too, at the risk of being a warmonger / tinfoily / whatever lol.
    Guys, we've been in a region wide war since '98, the nation of Islam declared war with the embassy bombings in the 80's. The small scale conflicts all over Africa and the wars in the ME are different campaigns in the same old war.
    The problem for us, the Israelis, the Brits have is the exact same problem the Russians had and the Brits had before that: it's hard to fight an ideology. War is traditionally an extension of political will, a "diplomacy tool". Diplomacy and military force are two sides of the same coin. The west has used war in this way since the fall of the roman empire. Even the Crusades, from the western perspective, was a political war.
    We "make the other side's leaders feel like continuing to fight is hopeless" and they quit. Killing the other nations "king" is pretty rare in the wars westerners fight.

The war we find ourselves in now is different. There is no "diplomacy/military" coin to flip over and over again. There is "kill the infidel" and "steel rain response". A lot of guys, even guys who served with me totally disagree, but my opinion is even their leaders are total ideologues that believe they hate they tell the rank and file. There is zero hope of achieving a diplomatic victory Or defeat. If we surrender they wint

So we kill a jihadi, another 2 make him a martyr and take his place. We kill a jihadi leader, and we disrupt his cell, but they're only loosely organized and the rest drive on.

There is no diplomatic solution. Period. Appeasement wouldn't work, even if we unconditionally surrendered the enemy won't just go away. We can offer a semblance of stability and try to set up a democracy, but look how that's working out. Their people don't Want western democracy.
    The only three options left are total war, genocide, and culture war.
    I won't even go into the reasons for /against genocide, but total war is an option that, to me at least, is attractive.
    Culture war would be extremely difficult in this case because we're not fighting the soviets, these guys Want to go to heaven, and killing infidels is the fast track. Its possible with enough Money, time, and willpower we could raise their standard of living that their own people would reject the radicals. But I doubt it.

To me, that means the only way to bring peace and stability to them and us is total war. Conquest. Take their stuff and make em squeal to have it back. They may not have a pot to **** in but when they have to ask nicely to get fed they'll get the picture.
    American imperialism anyone?

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Here is a solution I'm sure some have thought of before.. Is it possible for us (United States) to completely pull out of the Middle East? I mean so much of Islamic hatred for the west is because we are in Mecca (Saudi Arabia) is that not right? If it is, lets just get out of there.

Also they have this long standing hatred for the Jews, (dates back thousands of years I think involving a couple brothers Isaac & Ishmall) well what the heck, I mean, what do the Jews really offer us? Let them have at it each other...

If we pull out of the Middle East, over night we could cut more than half of our military spending... Think about that, if we don't have Navy and Marines deployed all over the world we could save millions of dollars per day... Am I wrong on the savings??? Sure fuel would go up but that might encourage us to be more energy conscious and become more efficient, and would definitely speed up the R&D on alternative energy...

I mean really why are we there, just to help Israel, to protect Saudi Royalty? We wouldn't have to worry about access to the fuel we need, it's already been pointed out by many folks on this site that there are thousands of great Muslims over there that support us and our western ways..

So why don't we just pull our troops home protect our borders and let the rest of the world settle there own squabbles?

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I'm'a jump in here too, at the risk of being a warmonger / tinfoily / whatever lol.
    Guys, we've been in a region wide war since '98, the nation of Islam declared war with the embassy bombings in the 80's. The small scale conflicts all over Africa and the wars in the ME are different campaigns in the same old war.
    The problem for us, the Israelis, the Brits have is the exact same problem the Russians had and the Brits had before that: it's hard to fight an ideology. War is traditionally an extension of political will, a "diplomacy tool". Diplomacy and military force are two sides of the same coin. The west has used war in this way since the fall of the roman empire. Even the Crusades, from the western perspective, was a political war.
    We "make the other side's leaders feel like continuing to fight is hopeless" and they quit. Killing the other nations "king" is pretty rare in the wars westerners fight.

The war we find ourselves in now is different. There is no "diplomacy/military" coin to flip over and over again. There is "kill the infidel" and "steel rain response". A lot of guys, even guys who served with me totally disagree, but my opinion is even their leaders are total ideologues that believe they hate they tell the rank and file. There is zero hope of achieving a diplomatic victory Or defeat. If we surrender they wint

So we kill a jihadi, another 2 make him a martyr and take his place. We kill a jihadi leader, and we disrupt his cell, but they're only loosely organized and the rest drive on.

There is no diplomatic solution. Period. Appeasement wouldn't work, even if we unconditionally surrendered the enemy won't just go away. We can offer a semblance of stability and try to set up a democracy, but look how that's working out. Their people don't Want western democracy.
    The only three options left are total war, genocide, and culture war.
    I won't even go into the reasons for /against genocide, but total war is an option that, to me at least, is attractive.
    Culture war would be extremely difficult in this case because we're not fighting the soviets, these guys Want to go to heaven, and killing infidels is the fast track. Its possible with enough Money, time, and willpower we could raise their standard of living that their own people would reject the radicals. But I doubt it.

To me, that means the only way to bring peace and stability to them and us is total war. Conquest. Take their stuff and make em squeal to have it back. They may not have a pot to **** in but when they have to ask nicely to get fed they'll get the picture.
    American imperialism anyone?

What is the Nation of Isalm? What is Total War? Take whos stuff? You haven't really though this one through have you?

Brian22

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Lafayette
    This I can agree with. Tough to say what the consequences would be besides oil going up, a good place to start is watching a documentary I saw recently called "A World Without US", it was pretty eye opening, but seemed to lean towards things getting worse if we pulled out of everywhere, as countries could become more miilitant and Hitler-esque. 1000 different ways it could go if we pulled out of everywhere, but I believe it's time to bring our boys home, and use the savings on securing our own soil and getting immigration under control.

Here is a solution I'm sure some have thought of before.. Is it possible for us (United States) to completely pull out of the Middle East? I mean so much of Islamic hatred for the west is because we are in Mecca (Saudi Arabia) is that not right? If it is, lets just get out of there.

Also they have this long standing hatred for the Jews, (dates back thousands of years I think involving a couple brothers Isaac & Ishmall) well what the heck, I mean, what do the Jews really offer us? Let them have at it each other...

If we pull out of the Middle East, over night we could cut more than half of our military spending... Think about that, if we don't have Navy and Marines deployed all over the world we could save millions of dollars per day... Am I wrong on the savings??? Sure fuel would go up but that might encourage us to be more energy conscious and become more efficient, and would definitely speed up the R&D on alternative energy...

I mean really why are we there, just to help Israel, to protect Saudi Royalty? We wouldn't have to worry about access to the fuel we need, it's already been pointed out by many folks on this site that there are thousands of great Muslims over there that support us and our western ways..

So why don't we just pull our troops home protect our borders and let the rest of the world settle there own squabbles?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Had to steal this one:

"Anyone who believes the embassy attacks are the direct result of a stupid internet film are also likely gullible enough to help re-elect Obama...."

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    This I can agree with. Tough to say what the consequences would be besides oil going up, a good place to start is watching a documentary I saw recently called "A World Without US", it was pretty eye opening, but seemed to lean towards things getting worse if we pulled out of everywhere, as countries could become more miilitant and Hitler-esque. 1000 different ways it could go if we pulled out of everywhere, but I believe it's time to bring our boys home, and use the savings on securing our own soil and getting immigration under control.

Do you think the Muslim communities would embrace that?

Think of the money we save just trying to protect Israel.. Think of the money we would save if we cut all the aid we give to all Middle Eastern countries..
    The amount in savings is stagering I'm sure... I mean that's all they want is for us to get out and stop meddling in the rest of the worlds issues.

Why do we have to be the leader, always trying fix the worlds problems?

Look the Muslims want Jerusalem, give it to them.. God said it belongs to Jews, but hey let the Muslims have it, if it inspires good will..

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Yesterday

We, the US spends way to much time analyzing what an "appropriate" response to this or that should be, and then pondering the net effect on the people targeted and then how they will feel or react.... I say enough of the bullshi*, to heck with measured response.. We should put troops on the ground in Libya and stomp the guts out of anyone that tries to intervene. If you are an enemy of America then here we are, if your not then stay in your home until this is over.

Today

I'm not sure if you are a troll, CNN told you to change your mind, or if you're just crazy.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    What is the Nation of Isalm? What is Total War? Take whos stuff? You haven't really though this one through have you?

I have thought it out, I did a case study on it last semester. You know what total war means. European campaign of '44; Sherman's march, Russo-Japanese war, napoleon's eastern front, norman invasion in 1066, etc.
    The Nation of Islam? You've never heard the term? The body politic of all the Mullah's scattered around from Tunisia to Pakistan... Granted, most of them would be more than happy to kill each other, but they'd rather kill us first.

Take who's stuff? Really? Everybody's stuff! There's a reason we went over in the first place. Secure raw materials, oil platforms, the few factories left there, food production, C&C centers, logistical nodes, you name it. If we had done that the first go around, made the stone aged population realize we were f'in serious instead of distributing water and condoms, they wouldn't have signed up to make IED's. If we had captured all the profit centers and used their own resources to pay for our expenditures in the war, we could have rolled in, kicked enough ass and burned enough villages that we could have left by now and they'd have believed us when we said "behave or we're coming back."
    That's just my personal opinion, and I hope no one takes my words as a criticism of my government or their actions during the war, I was just saying what I would have done had I been CINC.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Yesterday

Today

I'm not sure if you are a troll, CNN told you to change your mind, or if you're just crazy.

Not a troll jack... Not crazy either... Just wondering what it would take to bring peace to that region of the world.. And in return perhaps prosperity for all..

If they don't want us there and we are not prepared to lay waste to people who do us harm then we should get out...

I'm begining to think you like arguing with me... Which is fine by me.. I don't like the name calling though...

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I have thought it out, I did a case study on it last semester. You know what total war means. European campaign of '44; Sherman's march, Russo-Japanese war, napoleon's eastern front, norman invasion in 1066, etc.
    The Nation of Islam? You've never heard the term? The body politic of all the Mullah's scattered around from Tunisia to Pakistan... Granted, most of them would be more than happy to kill each other, but they'd rather kill us first.

Take who's stuff? Really? Everybody's stuff! There's a reason we went over in the first place. Secure raw materials, oil platforms, the few factories left there, food production, C&C centers, logistical nodes, you name it. If we had done that the first go around, made the stone aged population realize we were f'in serious instead of distributing water and condoms, they wouldn't have signed up to make IED's. If we had captured all the profit centers and used their own resources to pay for our expenditures in the war, we could have rolled in, kicked enough ass and burned enough villages that we could have left by now and they'd have believed us when we said "behave or we're coming back."
    That's just my personal opinion, and I hope no one takes my words as a criticism of my government or their actions during the war, I was just saying what I would have done had I been CINC.

What is CINC? I think you have an antiquated way of thinking.. But I also think that could work... I know I may catch hell for this but there is a saying... No I better not.. Anyway what is CINC?

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Not a troll jack... Not crazy either... Just wondering what it would take to bring peace to that region of the world.. And in return perhaps prosperity for all..
    Wait, you don't know? I thought being further from the problem gave you clairvoyance.

I'm begining to think you like arguing with me... Which is fine by me.. I don't like the name calling though...
    I'm sorry, I didn't realize I called you a name in that post.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Wait, you don't know? I thought being further from the problem gave you clairvoyance.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize I called you a name in that post.

Well, you implied I must be crazy, or a troll... Are those not labels? And I never said clairvoyant.. I implied a broader view could be attained when one is not so close to an issue..

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Well, you implied I must be crazy, or a troll... Are those not labels? And I never said clairvoyant.. I implied a broader view could be attained when one is not so close to an issue..
    Again with the reading issues. How is claiming to know what is in the hearts and minds of millions of people not clairvoyance?

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008

Really? We are gonna go back to raping and pillaging and destroying the homes and properties of civilians? Gee that will help. Do you have any concept of the size of a military that would take? How would that make us more friends in the region?

There is no unified Body Politic of Mullahs. As much as they in some cases dislike each other more. There is a reason that every time a guy like Sadat, Saddam, or Quadaffi talks about creating a Pan-Arab Republic they are doing so from a secular platform.

If you had been in charge you would have vacated the moral high ground, your would have handed over the moral authority to the terrorist and you would have created a situation where we had to garrison the Middle East for an eternity. Every single ******** village would have to have an Infantry Company to pacify it. You don't gain peace by terrifying a population into submission. They may behave for a while but they will always be plotting your murder. See the Resistance Movements that sprang up in Europe during WWII, and Afghanistan during the War with the Soviets. As a US Serviceman would you have been ok with murdering women and children? Burning their homes? Turning them out into the desert to starve and die of exposure? Because guess what that't what your saying you would have done. Google Nuremburg Tribunal. We hung a bunch of guys who did similar things.

BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    The idea of a "Total War" is ridiculous to even consider as a possibility. The US couldn't sustain such a fight without the help of our allies, and very few would be willing to lend a hand in the wholesale slaughter and destruction of an entire region, most of which is inhabited by innocent individuals, who aren't out there rioting in the streets. Without the full cooperation of our allies, we don't get to land wounded soldiers in European hospitals, or fly vital aircraft over friendly nations. Ships don't take to port where they used to.

"Total War" is the tool of tyrants and anarchists, and opens the door for greater anti-US sentiment and eventual military involvement from other nations.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell

If you had been in charge you would have vacated the moral high ground, your would have handed over the moral authority to the terrorist and you would have created a situation where we had to garrison the Middle East for an eternity. Every single ******** village would have to have an Infantry Company to pacify it. You don't gain peace by terrifying a population into submission. They may behave for a while but they will always be plotting your murder. See the Resistance Movements that sprang up in Europe during WWII, and Afghanistan during the War with the Soviets. As a US Serviceman would you have been ok with murdering women and children? Burning their homes? Turning them out into the desert to starve and die of exposure? Because guess what that't what your saying you would have done. Google Nuremburg Tribunal. We hung a bunch of guys who did similar things.

I dont think the US Military has the stomach to run a Scorched Earth Policy and I, for one, am glad of that.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom