Embassies under attack!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La

If you had been in charge you would have vacated the moral high ground, your would have handed over the moral authority to the terrorist and you would have created a situation where we had to garrison the Middle East for an eternity. Every single ******** village would have to have an Infantry Company to pacify it. You don't gain peace by terrifying a population into submission. They may behave for a while but they will always be plotting your murder. See the Resistance Movements that sprang up in Europe during WWII, and Afghanistan during the War with the Soviets. As a US Serviceman would you have been ok with murdering women and children? Burning their homes? Turning them out into the desert to starve and die of exposure? Because guess what that't what your saying you would have done. Google Nuremburg Tribunal. We hung a bunch of guys who did similar things.

You're right about the resistance movements in W.W.II and Afghanistan, but wasn't that supported by the US? I'm just wondering how successful any resistance would be without a superpower to rely on..

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I'm just wondering how successful the French and the Italians for that matter, would have been against the Germans without our help? The Mujahideen were on the ropes or almost until the US gave them the missiles to shoot down Soviet air craft..

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Here is a solution I'm sure some have thought of before.. Is it possible for us (United States) to completely pull out of the Middle East? I mean so much of Islamic hatred for the west is because we are in Mecca (Saudi Arabia) is that not right? If it is, lets just get out of there.

Also they have this long standing hatred for the Jews, (dates back thousands of years I think involving a couple brothers Isaac & Ishmall) well what the heck, I mean, what do the Jews really offer us? Let them have at it each other...

If we pull out of the Middle East, over night we could cut more than half of our military spending... Think about that, if we don't have Navy and Marines deployed all over the world we could save millions of dollars per day... Am I wrong on the savings??? Sure fuel would go up but that might encourage us to be more energy conscious and become more efficient, and would definitely speed up the R&D on alternative energy...

I mean really why are we there, just to help Israel, to protect Saudi Royalty? We wouldn't have to worry about access to the fuel we need, it's already been pointed out by many folks on this site that there are thousands of great Muslims over there that support us and our western ways..

So why don't we just pull our troops home protect our borders and let the rest of the world settle there own squabbles?

Pulling out works until other nations and territories inevitably start trying to expand. And every time some middle easterners see someone on TV burning a Koran they will still move to the streets murdering people and causing destruction. Unless we remove all of our embassy's and NATO/UN from the region as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    I'm just wondering how successful the French and the Italians for that matter, would have been against the Germans without our help? The Mujahideen were on the ropes or almost until the US gave them the missiles to shoot down Soviet air craft..

Supplying and training resistance forces is a highly effective method of operation. The problem is, you don't want to create a situation where someone else, as in China, Russia, etc., is supplying the very forces we are attempting to lay waste to.

You have to provide security to the members of the population that are looking for it, and then, through intelligence and information, target and remove those responsible for the extremist movements.

You have to do this without the wholesale slaughter of innocent civilians, or the intelligence and information you need will stop coming.

Waging a "total war" on the entirety of the population in response to these attacks is no different than banning assault rifles after rampage shootings. You're attempting to lump an entire group of people into one convenient category, and punish them collectively. It doesn't work.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Pulling out works until other nations and territories inevitably start trying to expand. And every time some middle easterners see someone on TV burning a Koran they will still move to the streets murdering people and causing destruction. Unless we remove all of our embassy's and NATO/UN from the region as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with your opinion....

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    VG, I'm not at all talking about murdering civilians, hence my comments about "not even going there" with the genocide thing. Maybe I should have made it more clear that I meant the systematic destruction of their ability to do anything, economic, military, anything. Turn the places that harbor our enemies into rubble and fund the ones that don't. That's what Sherman did, he didn't stand civvies up against a wall.

I apologize if my comments made it seem like I would support killing people simply because they were born in the wrong place.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    VG, I'm not at all talking about murdering civilians, hence my comments about "not even going there" with the genocide thing. Maybe I should have made it more clear that I meant the systematic destruction of their ability to do anything, economic, military, anything. Turn the places that harbor our enemies into rubble and fund the ones that don't. That's what Sherman did, he didn't stand civvies up against a wall.

I apologize if my comments made it seem like I would support killing people simply because they were born in the wrong place.

I think it's hard to define "harbor", and starting wars with countries over the actions of extremists is not a good idea. If a group of American extremists attacked the Russian embassy, would you be understanding if Russia started bombing the White House?

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Shermans Total War caused 10s of thousands to starve to death and left even more homeless. Who would feed the population you would have us ruin economically?

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Shermans Total War caused 10s of thousands to starve to death and left even more homeless. Who would feed the population you would have us ruin economically?

This was going to be my response also. And you aren't just starving them out. You're ruining their lives even if you parachute some MRE's in. Heaven forbid if some foreign nation came and took away everything you've worked your whole life for. Not murdering them is fine, but you're also talking about taking away their homes, electricity, clothes, cars, plumbing... the list goes on.

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    Do you think the Muslim communities would embrace that?

Think of the money we save just trying to protect Israel.. Think of the money we would save if we cut all the aid we give to all Middle Eastern countries..
    The amount in savings is stagering I'm sure... I mean that's all they want is for us to get out and stop meddling in the rest of the worlds issues.

Why do we have to be the leader, always trying fix the worlds problems?

Look the Muslims want Jerusalem, give it to them.. God said it belongs to Jews, but hey let the Muslims have it, if it inspires good will..

You don't negotiate with Terrorists. You can't appease them. The only thing that will appease the Muslims is when we all worship Mohammed also.

Heartless

I get off on the pain.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Marrero, LA
    Right on brother. We have to do something. We have to start standing up for ourselves, or were going to turn into the prison bitch. I'm not saying turn the desert to glass, just unleash the marines when the ragheads come over the wall. And I ain't to young to fight. I welcome a good fire fight.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Just to throw some more fuel on the fire. The local Afghani militants decided to attack Camp Leatherneck/Bastion last night and they managed to breach the wire as well. Two Marines were killed with multiple others seriously injured. They destroyed many planes, choppers and hangers as well. :curse:

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Just to throw some more fuel on the fire. The local Afghani militants decided to attack Camp Leatherneck/Bastion last night and they managed to breach the wire as well. Two Marines were killed with multiple others seriously injured. They destroyed many planes, choppers and hangers as well. :curse:

How did they get that far? Stay safe brother.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    They have guns and rockets and **** and they get a vote. Plus most of the Helmand River Valley Taliban have The Stalker Pro Perk and walk right past the Sentry Guns.

Top Bottom