16 and Pregnant

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Longshot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I remember several girls in my junior high getting pregnant, and that was almost 15 years ago, so this isn't anything new. I don't like the fact that the networks air this kind of stuff though, because it won't take long before impressionable viewers find the behavior normal.

I did a quick search and found this. Not sure how accurate it is, but teen pregnancy seems to have peaked in the 80's with steady decline since. Chalk one up for those sex-ed classes?

http://http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/USTPtrends.pdf

The data starts on page 6.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Cat....our oldest is on a very short leash, prob a bit too short, but you have to be very careful these days......too many sickos out there. She does not have a tv in her room, and I watch her internet habbits very closely. Same for our 7 year old.......

We are allowing more freedom this year with the oldest one since she is 13 and going to a high school next year even though she will be in 8th grade.

Flametrix..............You know there is an advantage to Catholic Schools........not saying that Catholic girls don't get preggers or sleep around, but you sure don't see them on campus!!![/QUOTE]

ROTFLOLPIMP!!!

DUDE.... DENILE is NOT a river...

There's a REASON we called SSA 'Super Sluts of America'

I'd NEVER let any daughter of mine NEAR any of those 'hormone filled, denied mixed sex content brainwashing instutions...'

I've dated em...

:D:D:D

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Flametrix..............You know there is an advantage to Catholic Schools........not saying that Catholic girls don't get preggers or sleep around, but you sure don't see them on campus!!!

I went to Catholic high school.... My oh my...

I will let my friend Frank Zappa explain!

[YOUTUBE]XSEgFCFZU-Q[/YOUTUBE]

Geardo

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Carencro
    Aw man... when I saw your name I was anticipating something like "all teenage girls are hell-bound whores and repugnant to the Constitution", but you had to go and make a reasonable and somewhat humorous post. :rofl:

I've loved more than a few teenaged girls in my time:D

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Some of the most wild, slutty and irresponsible (in terms of their own safety, not necessarily pregnancy) girls I've ever known had the most restrictions placed on them. They were also the least equipped to handle the freedom they inevitably attained with age, and a reasonable number of them ruined their lives as a direct result.

I think it's a fine line, and the timing of when to lighten up on the reins is probably the most important thing to consider. All of these girls I've mentioned were under "lock and key" well into highschool, and that's when the problems started. It was clear to those of us who knew them that going away to college was a gamble-- they'd get it out of their systems, or never recover.

I don't have kids, and don't plan on it any time soon. And I certainly don't mean to suggest how someone should raise a teenaged female. I'm simply stating what I've seen, on a number of occasions, and putting it out there for discussion. Whether it's an act of spite, a natural attraction to what's forbidden, or a simple lack of exposure to the world as it truly works, too many restrictions can backfire in a big, big way. I've seen it first hand, on multiple occasions, and protected these girls from bad people and bad situations when they were not capable of doing it themselves. There are many, many guys out there who would have simply taken advantage, or decided it wasn't their problem. And that's something that should really be scary to a parent.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    190708_main.jpg

^^^This^^^

I remember my HS days. I was pretty persuasive.

electrode1998

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    I never said that the Catholic school girls are pure as the wind driven snow, I just said that you don't see the preggers ones walking around campus :)

You can have just as much trouble with the private school girls as the public school ones, it all depends on how you raise them.

Thanks Cat for your good comments about how our girls are being raised. As you know it is ALOT of hard work to keep them on the right path.

Nomad, trust me I know my girls and yes they are a challange, but They have not let us down so far. We have already set the rules along time ago about dates and boyfriends and I can honestly testify that my oldest has the same lack of lying abillity that my wife has.

My wife will admit that she cannot lie worth a damn to me and good news for me is that my oldest is in the same prediciment.

Our youngest on the other hand.....................

Cat knows this one too and she can testify the youngest will be a challange since I think she can lie or at least try to and she is only 7.

electrode1998

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    That's what ALL parents think...

I can point out MANY examples of this being wrong.
    (Just Generalising)

I am glad you added the just generalizing comment since I would have to point out that you do not know my girls and with the two of them so far I don't think, I know...........

I know they are not perfect or pure as angels, but we do keep them in line while letting them "stretch their wings" so they will make their own mistakes and learn from them.

electrode1998

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Cat....our oldest is on a very short leash, prob a bit too short, but you have to be very careful these days......too many sickos out there. She does not have a tv in her room, and I watch her internet habbits very closely. Same for our 7 year old.......

We are allowing more freedom this year with the oldest one since she is 13 and going to a high school next year even though she will be in 8th grade.

Flametrix..............You know there is an advantage to Catholic Schools........not saying that Catholic girls don't get preggers or sleep around, but you sure don't see them on campus!!![/QUOTE]

ROTFLOLPIMP!!!

DUDE.... DENILE is NOT a river...

There's a REASON we called SSA 'Super Sluts of America'

I'd NEVER let any daughter of mine NEAR any of those 'hormone filled, denied mixed sex content brainwashing instutions...'

I've dated em...

:D:D:D

I would rather them be here than in the public skools where they can do whatever they want to my kids and not tell me anything about it.....

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    That little one is going to be your hell on wheels.

I can't lie to Jody either. What's worse is that I'm very expressive. He can tell what I've done just by looking at me. The oldest is the same way.

Our little one. He'll flat out ignore you if it's a question he doesn't want to answer. That's how we know. He won't lie. But if the answer isn't one he thinks we'll be happy with, he'll just as soon stay mute.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    190708_main.jpg

^^^This^^^

I remember my HS days. I was pretty persuasive.

I don't know Charles. Something about that picture tells me that if you strip off some of these sixteen year old kids, hang a sign from their bare ass and bend them over backwards.... Some enterprising sixteen year old boy will find a pair of chain cutters PDQ.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I am glad you added the just generalizing comment since I would have to point out that you do not know my girls and with the two of them so far I don't think, I know...........

I know they are not perfect or pure as angels, but we do keep them in line while letting them "stretch their wings" so they will make their own mistakes and learn from them.

Dude...
    Chill.

I already said it was a general statement.

But if I had $1 for every parent I've met/known of who thought as you do...
    Take that 16 year old...

Her parent called (How I found out she was 16...) She was saposadly staying at a friends house...
    The mom (Who's house she was 'at' knew... and did not care)

As to pregnoids not being at the Pvt schools... that's because they get kicked out AFTER thye start to show... not before the actions...

But I'm kinda jaded...

Man I hope I don't have girls...

BUSTER48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Laplace, Louisiana
    Here is the thing that troubles me the most about these little ho bags getting prego and essentially ruining their lives and the lives of their children, we the taxpayers will be supporting these pieces of **** for the rest of their and their childrens lives. It's a cycle that is hard to break. As far as I'm concerned they can turn out babies until the cows come home, just stay out of my pocket. Just sayin'

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    TV is our circus part of the famous roman "bread and circuses" quote...

I am not very fond of tv, unless it is a very funny show that pokes fun at anything and flips the bird at anything PC. Or most of the programming on the Discovery channel or anything to do with war history, the orignis of the universe or documentaries on interesting stuff. Reality tv is crass, and the fact it is so popular just indicates what a bunch of sheep are filling this country. I could care less what the Kardashians or some fashionista limp wristers are doing in socal...

Heres a thought, take your sons and daughters outside, in the lovely southern heat, and do something. Make a treehouse, build a hotrod, play ball, paint the house. Whatever, just get them away from all of the BS on tv, and show them that being productive is great and rewarding. Get them involved in your life and they will benefit greatly.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    TV is our circus part of the famous roman "bread and circuses" quote...

I am not very fond of tv, unless it is a very funny show that pokes fun at anything and flips the bird at anything PC. Or most of the programming on the Discovery channel or anything to do with war history, the orignis of the universe or documentaries on interesting stuff. Reality tv is crass, and the fact it is so popular just indicates what a bunch of sheep are filling this country. I could care less what the Kardashians or some fashionista limp wristers are doing in socal...

Heres a thought, take your sons and daughters outside, in the lovely southern heat, and do something. Make a treehouse, build a hotrod, play ball, paint the house. Whatever, just get them away from all of the BS on tv, and show them that being productive is great and rewarding. Get them involved in your life and they will benefit greatly.

+1

I grew up without TV and have never owned one.

-I'll watch movies on my Computer some...

Growing up... never had one at all.

I attribute this to my prolific reading... which has lead to much of my learning (Not education)

It's not called the idiot box for nothing.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Here is the thing that troubles me the most about these little ho bags getting prego and essentially ruining their lives and the lives of their children, we the taxpayers will be supporting these pieces of **** for the rest of their and their childrens lives. It's a cycle that is hard to break. As far as I'm concerned they can turn out babies until the cows come home, just stay out of my pocket. Just sayin'

I say prison time for child neglect. Maybe even forced sterilization. Some people think that's too far, but I think if we can take a person's life, be it in prison or by death, sterilization should definitely be within reason.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rmsize
    Top Bottom